• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Supreme Court Overturns Voter Approved Same Sex Marriage Ban

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Wow!!

I don't know about you, Zippy, but these last few posts project an ominous future for you.

Personally, I'd take the lesbian women along with the straight women, if I were you.

Alceste

Vagabond
I can't believe this thread is still going. And has taken such a creepy turn down the road of anti-gay dudes talking about hot lesbian sex. Is it just me, or is the idea of people who think homosexuality is evil getting off on girl-on-girl action somehow way more pervy, wrong and disturbing than anything two people of the same sex could possibly do to each other? (Well, with a few exceptions a la 2 girls one cup...)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Update: today's the day! The restriction on same-sex marriage ends today at 5:00 p.m. local time.

According to a few news sources (such as the Detroit Free Press), the first same-sex couple scheduled to take their vows - at 5:01, just after the ban is lifted - is Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, both in their 80s and together for 50-odd years, whose 2004 marriage licence was struck down.

Smoke

Done here.
According to a few news sources (such as the Detroit Free Press), the first same-sex couple scheduled to take their vows - at 5:01, just after the ban is lifted - is Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, both in their 80s and together for 50-odd years, whose 2004 marriage licence was struck down.
:D

I'm really glad to hear that. I've been reading about people rushing to marry, and while I understand that, I was thinking it would be nice if they let Del and Phyllis go first. They've been together for 55 years; I don't think there can be too many people who have waited longer than they have.

Best wishes, ladies! :balloons:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I live in the same town as James Dobson, so I reckon, once again, I'm going to hear him whine about how this means the end of Western Civilization. Guess I'll sit out on the back steps this evening to watch the end of Western Civilization. I hope it's colorful.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Yay! That's so great! Congratulations to them! Wait...55 years!? That can't be right. I heard that, homosexuals being the immoral creatures they are, they jump from bed to bed, and never stay with the same partner, which is also the reason for the AIDS epidemic, cause we're only afflicted by that thanks to them. Is that not true, or is the story of these two a lie?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yay! That's so great! Congratulations to them! Wait...55 years!? That can't be right. I heard that, homosexuals being the immoral creatures they are, they jump from bed to bed, and never stay with the same partner, which is also the reason for the AIDS epidemic, cause we're only afflicted by that thanks to them. Is that not true, or is the story of these two a lie?

The story of those two is obviously a lie, Matt, because god-fearing folks like Pat Robertson and James Dobson simply would not bear false witness about homosexuals, ya know.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I live in the same town as James Dobson, so I reckon, once again, I'm going to hear him whine about how this means the end of Western Civilization. Guess I'll sit out on the back steps this evening to watch the end of Western Civilization. I hope it's colorful.
If "Western Civilization" means the thing that would deny people the right to marry the person they love, I'll be happy to see the back of it.

However, I hope the transition is more of a "morph" than an abrupt end, because if civilization collapses and the power goes out today at 5:01 p.m. PDT, then I'll miss tonight's episode of Rome.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The story of those two is obviously a lie, Matt, because god-fearing folks like Pat Robertson and James Dobson simply would not bear false witness about homosexuals, ya know.

Oh, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I mean really, the only couples who can stay married are straight couples. I think that has been sufficiently shown in the last few decades. I don't know how they can really expect people to believe that a gay couple can stay together for that long.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Oh, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I mean really, the only couples who can stay married are straight couples. I think that has been sufficiently shown in the last few decades. I don't know how they can really expect people to believe that a gay couple can stay together for that long.

That's quite true, Matt. Gay people can't stay together for long because they really don't feel genuine love for each other. All they really feel for each other is lust and we all know just how soon lust wears off. They aren't like us, Matt. No, sir!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That's quite true, Matt. Gay people can't stay together for long because they really don't feel genuine love for each other. All they really feel for each other is lust and we all know just how soon lust wears off. They aren't like us, Matt. No, sir!

Speak it, brother! This is the truth. Obviously only straight couples can feel love for each other, which is why their marriages last forever! I mean just look at the divorce rates. They'll back us up here.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Speak it, brother! This is the truth. Obviously only straight couples can feel love for each other, which is why their marriages last forever! I mean just look at the divorce rates. They'll back us up here.

Them divorce rates confirm all we've been saying, Matt! They are proof positive that the only people who get divorced in this country are all non-Christians who leave their spouses because they have been vilely seduced into engagin' in homosexual love affairs. That's how them there homosexuals destroy the sanctity of heterosexual marriages!

Draka

Wonder Woman

Oh, so true! Yeah, I've just been joking all along. Straight marriages last forever which is why I'm actually still married to the man I married when I was 19. Sure he still beats me and threatens to kill me on a daily basis...but that's just fine because we all know straight marriages can survive anything. We aren't perverted bed hoppers like those homosexuals. We understand the whole "till death do us part" thing that god so commands...not like those gay sinners. :rolleyes:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Oh, so true! Yeah, I've just been joking all along. Straight marriages last forever which is why I'm actually still married to the man I married when I was 19. Sure he still beats me and threatens to kill me on a daily basis...but that's just fine because we all know straight marriages can survive anything. We aren't perverted bed hoppers like those homosexuals. We understand the whole "till death do us part" thing that god so commands...not like those gay sinners. :rolleyes:

Speak it, Sister!!!! There never was a heterosexual marriage that wasn't worth saving!!!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Them divorce rates confirm all we've been saying, Matt! They are proof positive that the only people who get divorced in this country are all non-Christians who leave their spouses because they have been vilely seduced into engagin' in homosexual love affairs.

Thank God we're not liberal, God-hatin' and unAmerican like them homos!

By the way, Phil, what time does our ceremony start on Saturday? It's in San Francisco, right?