• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA Shooters most likely radical Islamic Extremists

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I don't like any of them.
But I think Daesh is a bigger threat to world peace than Assad. Assuming Assad were not under attack by foreign supported rebels, that is.
If anyone doesn't see the disaster of toppling a dictator without having a plan for afterwards from the invasion of Iraq, then I don't know what to say....
Tom
Seeing and being shocked what happened after turning over of dictators of arab world, I question whether democracy is the right medicine for every society. The christians were doing away better under Saddam's rule . The gays were not tortured as much as they are being now. I am sure these countries would do better if their dictators were still ruling,at least they were more stable.

MARCELLO

The midlleast always complain that west cheated them but I think it is just turning opposite; east cheated us.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think these people such as these shooters are only using Islam and its belief as an excuse to kill, I feel that these people would be probably diagnosed as psychopaths in the real world.

JoStories

Sorry ISIS supporter. Not up for debate.

Thin line between ISIS and any other muslim. So close no one could tell.
Now that just makes me sad dear one. You know me. I am NOT an ISIS supporter Outhouse. I understand that you are angry at what happened but I am trying to see this from all sides. I am very sorry if I offended you dear. I don't think I should bother to respond in this thread if it is merely a let's go kill all Muslims kind of thing.

JoStories

Dude, not cool. They were bad people, but whether they were part of ISIS is up for debate. But you don't say that to someone. I know you're known for not being tactful but still dude, you can chill out.

Where are the moderators? Hello?
Thank you my friend. Outhouse's remarks really hurt me this morning. I am terribly sad that anyone would think that I am an ISIS supporter. What a sad day this is.

outhouse

Atheistically
It seems that people now are too quick to grab onto the Muslim faith and scream terrorist when in fact, we simply don;t know if that was the case and we never will.

I should have quoted the whole thing and then said, She is a known ISIS supporter.

Sorry for the confusion.

prometheus11

I should have quoted the whole thing and then said, She is a known ISIS supporter.

Sorry for the confusion.

I was reading and couldn't find where you had made the accusation. Perhaps you might have been clearer, but it never occurred to me that you were accusing any members here.

To all:
If you think a member here is accusing you of a mega crime that involves world powers and international authorities and cutting edge espionage, perhaps privately message that person and see if there is a misunderstanding somewhere?

Theweirdtophat

Your taking my post out of context.

I'm was saying the dead woman suspect was a ISIS supporter not you

Next time please PM me if you think ive gone off the rails.

You have to elaborate more. If you were referring to the woman it would have been best to say she was a supporter but you said "Sorry ISIS supporter." That makes it sound as if you're accusing JoStories of being supporting of the group. You should say "Sorry she was an ISIS supporter" though. You have to be more specific.

outhouse

Atheistically
Perhaps you might have been clearer

Absolutely.

I screwed up.

I looked at it yesterday a few times and never noticed the error, I could not figure out why theweirdtophat was going off.

Mt reply was to "we do not know" and we did know she was an ISIS supporter.

MARCELLO

Sure,they were the mistaken ones. Suppose that I kill hindus wo don't eat meat and I bring the subject that meat in vital for human health and that's why I kill them. And I do this in Mumbai. How wonderful I am, wrong?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Dude it doesn't take 2 years to do what he did. It doesn't even take a week. And you say the religion deserves criticism as if to assume all of Islam is the same. WHICH Islam are you talking about? There's more than one kind. Do you know how many branches there are? Not all share the same beliefs, rules and customs.
I'm really wondering exactly what particular form of Islam as well. Does terrorism span the entire spectrum here and there, or is it limited to a few sects that people should be looking at specifically?

Theweirdtophat

I'm really wondering exactly what particular form of Islam as well. Does terrorism span the entire spectrum here and there, or is it limited to a few sects that people should be looking at specifically?

You're going to see extremist groups in almost every religion anyway except for the religions that are extreme themselves. But what does it matter what their religion is. The media keeps using that same old trick, saying that they are Muslims but who cares what religion they follow? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of their religious background. Or when they mention black people getting killed by white people, again, what does it matter what their race was? A crime took place and their race shouldn't have anything to do with it.

But I think honestly some Americans are blind and when they see the word Muslim they automatically think that Islam and it's adherents are to blame or that if they weren't Muslim they wouldn't become terrorists in the first place which is asinine as there have been plenty of shooters and terrorists that weren't even religious anyway. This is an attempt to get Muslims and non-Muslims to hate each other. The Non Muslims will start accusing Muslims and fight them so they'll be too distracted to realize who the real enemy is. It's a trick that's been done for eons.

MARCELLO

These muslims were not black,most of most of the americans agrees that they are white,so there is not a real systematic and institutional discrimination . But if you force yourself to eat rice or meat in public with your hands as your tradition in a restaurant,don't ask me why....

If you are in that much trouble with non muslims,what the hell are you doing there?

A torture for yourself,a disaster for others.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You're going to see extremist groups in almost every religion anyway except for the religions that are extreme themselves. But what does it matter what their religion is. The media keeps using that same old trick, saying that they are Muslims but who cares what religion they follow? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of their religious background. Or when they mention black people getting killed by white people, again, what does it matter what their race was? A crime took place and their race shouldn't have anything to do with it.

But I think honestly some Americans are blind and when they see the word Muslim they automatically think that Islam and it's adherents are to blame or that if they weren't Muslim they wouldn't become terrorists in the first place which is asinine as there have been plenty of shooters and terrorists that weren't even religious anyway. This is an attempt to get Muslims and non-Muslims to hate each other. The Non Muslims will start accusing Muslims and fight them so they'll be too distracted to realize who the real enemy is. It's a trick that's been done for eons.

I see what your trying to point out, but it seems at least with the media that the majority of reportable acts of terrorism happen to be identified and related with Islam. I guess the general question I'm asking is if there are actually a comparable number of terrorists acts that are going on in the world to show that Islam is not at the forefront of terrorist activities and actions?

Useless2015

I see what your trying to point out, but it seems at least with the media that the majority of reportable acts of terrorism happen to be identified and related with Islam. I guess the general question I'm asking is if there are actually a comparable number of terrorists acts that are going on in the world to show that Islam is not at the forefront of terrorist activities and actions? t

There are:

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

Europe:

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2006 to 2008 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

Theweirdtophat

I see what your trying to point out, but it seems at least with the media that the majority of reportable acts of terrorism happen to be identified and related with Islam. I guess the general question I'm asking is if there are actually a comparable number of terrorists acts that are going on in the world to show that Islam is not at the forefront of terrorist activities and actions?

There's over a billion Muslims. Hundreds of millions of them don't go around converting others or doing/supporting terrorist activities. If you added all the members of those Islamic terrorist groups it'd probably make less than 1% of all Islam. And there's more than just once branch of Islam and not all Muslims share the same rules, customs and beliefs, AND not every Muslim in each country will act the same way. The Muslims in Egypt will not be the same as the ones from Kazakhstan

As for news, ask yourself this, are they reporting the news? Or creating it?

That's very dangerous to do to create the news. And they don't report every single thing, but just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean it didn't happen. And because Americans keep seeing these Islamic terrorists they start thinking Muslims are all bad. But if I showed you all the tyranny from the country Burma and what some of those militaristic Buddhists have been doing and I showed you over and over, you would start to be less trustful of Buddhists now would you? Some of the ignorant Americans just look at the media, read a few pages of the Quran and come to the conclusion that they are all bad. Quite a few have done that.

outhouse

Atheistically
If you added all the members of those Islamic terrorist groups it'd probably make less than 1% of all Islam

That is correct. Its not the only negative issue.

1/3 government and religion and laws tied together to the point of severe fanaticism. this also includes hatred of the western world and it morals and values.

100% refuse science and history, much like YEC Christians.

islam also has the highest illiteracy rates out of the Abrahamic traditions

And the minority means nothing, Nazi's were also the minority in Germany at one point.

outhouse

Atheistically
. I guess the general question I'm asking is if there are actually a comparable number of terrorists acts that are going on in the world to show that Islam is not at the forefront of terrorist activities and actions?

No there Is not.

You will see everyone dancing around this knowledge, but not answering directly.