• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA Shooters most likely radical Islamic Extremists

outhouse

Atheistically
Does it not make more sense that if these two were truly out to make a statement for ISIS that they would have targeted a much bigger and more ideological place where the statement would not be missed in any way?

We and the world disagree here. They were ISIS.

How long do we stand by and let them murder innocents before doing something? When you let the enemy in your country, this is what takes place.

These people have been murdering themselves fro a thousand years , it only makes sense if you let enough in here, they will continue their habit of war and violence.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
There are more effective ways of communicating.

I thought long and hard on this overnight. Your still correct IMHO.

I forget your almost never on the front lines so to speak. I don't think you have much experience dealing with fanaticism.

There is no communication with fanaticism and fundamentalism, YOU I or no one else can reach many of these people.

They have been refusing facts their whole life, and no amount of evidence will change their minds.

So yes the truth stings when their fanaticism is stood up publically for all to see.

They get all bent out of shape and aggressive and desperate afterwards, so yes I can be rough trying to use academia to stop fundamentalism. My replies to many are exercises not to change the minds of those against academia and knowledge and religious education, but they are for those reading these replies, so if they are on the fence they can use reason and logic to make the best choice for themselves.

I wish I could reach these people, but no amount of facts will change the mind of a YEC that evolution is fact. Or any other similar fanaticism.

Many people did not use reason and logic to gain their faith.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Lets put this another way.

We are at war with fanaticism and fundamentalism, correct?

islam requires fanaticism and fundamentalism to follow the religion. Its all or nothing with every last one, or your not a muslim.

That is where I claim there is a thin line between islam and islamicism.

outhouse

Atheistically
.....I have dealt with his kind many, many times

Sir you have not. Or you would not have started with me.

Factually. Everyone who has made a claim of end times has been factually wrong. You joined this group with a claim of certainty based on ancient mythology academically speaking.

You cannot substantiate your opinion outside of mythology, most of the world does not believe in the first place.

I read the rhetoric you posted, and not one part is credible evidence.

I'm surprised your going against your religions request to stay offline, because knowledge is shared freely that goes against the faith.

Do you believe in a global flood and hate biology/evolution as well?

Theweirdtophat

Sorry ISIS supporter. Not up for debate.

Thin line between ISIS and any other muslim. So close no one could tell.

Dude, not cool. They were bad people, but whether they were part of ISIS is up for debate. But you don't say that to someone. I know you're known for not being tactful but still dude, you can chill out.

Where are the moderators? Hello?

outhouse

Atheistically
Dude, not cool

Why? because I'm pointing out cowardly terrorist who murdered innocent civilians for religious reasons ?

but whether they were part of ISIS is up for debate

No it is not up for debate, it is fact. She pledge to support ISIS. She was ISIS, and he brought ISIS in because he was also ISIS.

I know you're known for not being tactful but still dude, you can chill out.

Chill out and wait for more innocent to be murdered ?

Tactful? People hate the truth. People hate academia to. Most dont even know what's good for them or not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The woman who helped carry out the
shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., on Wednesday had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in a Facebook posting, according to federal law enforcement officials

Skwim

Veteran Member
What kind of question is that?
A question expressing my incredulity that you think your question "Did anyone bother to ask where he got all the money to afford that equipment?" only 30 hours into an incredibly difficult investigation, is reasonable. My apologies for upsetting you with it. In the future I will try to remember to be more understanding and tolerant of your posts. Scouts honor.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
f118d01167bcd31d2f7c6ffbd8c6cba8.jpg

Last edited:

Theweirdtophat

Look it should be rather obvious this is an attempt to get Muslims and non Muslims to hate each other. Don't you see? This is a divide and conquer plan. How can anyone find out who the real enemy is if they are so busy fighting each other. Whites and blacks, Muslims and Non Muslims, this is to get peoople riled up and cause chaos though. I know it's possible because it's been done before. Many wars have started because of this old trick.

outhouse

Atheistically
Look it should be rather obvious this is an attempt to get Muslims and non Muslims to hate each other. Don't you see?

No. This is an attempt to save lives. Awareness is key. Would you go to the hospital and tell these dying and bleeding wounded innocent people not to question muslims in the future?

Maybe your unaware that the guy who lived next door had suspicion of the bomb making activity in the bomb making garage, and he could have saved all these lives, if he reported this activity.

He took a liberal attitude, and did not want to be labeled as a racist. He refused to let authorities know his suspicion.

We don't want these type of mistakes being made again.

There is also a case of middle eastern men casing a movie theater, luckily a guard did notify the authorities and they are actively investigating these muslims.

Agathion

the Minister
I have to agree with Outhouse. While not all Muslims are terrorists, there are too many these days who are and thus i am very careful when around Muslims. And before anyone screams racism i do not treat them badly or try to harm them, i simply avoid them. Its not about hate its about self preservation though sometimes i do hate even though i should not. I am human and thus not perfect. To those Muslims who fight against terrorism you have my support. Also if the woman posted on her Facebook page that she was going to kill for Isis then she is an Isis member. Saying anything else is a blatant politically correct lie.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I forget your almost never on the front lines so to speak. I don't think you have much experience dealing with fanaticism.

There is no communication with fanaticism and fundamentalism, YOU I or no one else can reach many of these people.

That isn't quite true - I was brought up in a religion full of fanatics and I've been on this site since 2009. I still deal with religious people in my daily life, though most in this country are quite moderate (thankfully).

My point about communication is that even if you don't think a person is going to hear what you have to say, being polite is almost always the best approach. Sometimes they are willing to have a dialogue but even then, it shouldn't matter if you're not able to change their opinion. Everyone is on their own 'journey', so to speak. But if your response is rude and accusing, there can never be a dialogue except for two people mocking each other out of anger. That gets us nowhere. In the meantime, the dialogue with others goes unnoticed in favour of the quarrel. I was expecting to be totally ignored by kerndog after your comments because that would often be the case but fortunately I was wrong about that.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

Listen guys: the shooters pledged allegiance to Daesh.

This is clearly Daesh attack.

World should unite against the Horrors of Daesh and Assad.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes that is true, but if you look at Jesus prophecy in Matthew chpt. 24 , there is more than just war, there were wars and violence in his day, but if you look at it closely, he is talking about these things on a much more intense level "nation against nation " Ect. Yes we have always had war and violence, BUT NOTHING even close to what we have experienced starting with WW I, in Revelation 6:4 it states peace will be taken away from man, and given a GREAT SWORD, indicating mans capacity to slaughter his fellow man will be on a much greater scale, that has been shown to be very true, in Jesus day wars killed thousands, since WW I, MILLIONS AND MILLIONS, many scholars and historians, admit, something very drastic changed in human society since WW I, if you look at that prophecy, it states in the last days, people , like in noahs day would take no note of it, indicating these things were severe , but not to the point that society and people would be FORCED to see what was going on, in essence they "take no note of what is actually happening" Have you ever researched how many human lives have been lost in war starting with WW I ? It is absolutely staggering, and while you are at it, look at how many civilian lives were lost to these wars, again, unbelievable, and what is more, the role of religion in all of this is appalling, Christendom, islam and others have contributed heavily to this insanity.......God gives all a choice, ....choose wisely !

I see your point and I understand that it's easy to see the changes brought by technology as inevitably leading to self destruction. We have nuclear weaponry now and it's the first time weapons can literally destroy the entire human population.

My problem with interpretation of such verses is that since the time that Jesus was here, people have been expecting the world to end at any moment. No matter what generation of historical period it has been, people have interpreted those verses to refer to their circumstances. War between nations have been going on for a long time now. We've been destroying civilisations for a long time. We've been murdering each other in the streets for a long time. People would have thought the 'great sword' was represented by guns or cannons. At no point have humans been at peace, truly. That is just my opinion of course, and it comes from seeing so many people obsessed with the idea of doomsdays, predicting dates etc. and of course it never actually happening. I don't see the point in worrying about it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
World should unite against the Horrors of Daesh and Assad.

To be honest, Daesh makes me appreciate Assad. Let's do them first, then start on the various governments I don't like. I would start in the gulf states, particularly KSA. Egypt would be next. Assad would be down the list a bit.
But first, Daesh. Then start improving the rest of the Muslim world.
Tom

freethinker44

The extremism cannot be just simply religion. Extremism of capitalism was a way much more worse,you know. Also nationalism, See The Nazis and neo ones. Religion is not a poison but followers of it do abuse that.
Statism and nationalism can be argued to be religions worshiping the state. Same with capitalism, horrors committed by greedy capitalists are rationalized by the same logic behind manifest destiny, so really capitalism is like a form of economic statism or nationalism.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steve Weinberg

Servant_of_the_One1

To be honest, Daesh makes me appreciate Assad. Let's do them first, then start on the various governments I don't like. I would start in the gulf states, particularly KSA. Egypt would be next. Assad would be down the list a bit.
But first, Daesh. Then start improving the rest of the Muslim world.
Tom

To behonest Crimes of Assad turns Daesh into sissies.

Barrelbombs, torture, executions.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
To behonest Crimes of Assad turns Daesh into sissies.

Barrelbombs, torture, executions.
I don't like any of them.
But I think Daesh is a bigger threat to world peace than Assad. Assuming Assad were not under attack by foreign supported rebels, that is.
If anyone doesn't see the disaster of toppling a dictator without having a plan for afterwards from the invasion of Iraq, then I don't know what to say....
Tom