• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The problem remains that children from different conflicting religious backgrounds speak the 'truth' as taught them by their parents and peers,

That isn’t a problem as much as it is a reality
and by the evidence 95%+ do not change their beliefs in 'truth' when they grow up.
On this note, I’m not sure how one can determine that.

This is a phenomenon that is happening all over the world but people aren’t aware of it and it challenges the above statement IMV

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That isn’t a problem as much as it is a reality
It is a problem with the claims of wisdom from children that is no different from the beliefs of their parents.
On this note, I’m not sure how one can determine that.
The polls of changing within Christianity in recent history only reflects changes of less than a few percentage since 2007 points with non-Christian religions such as Islam and Hinduism showing the biggest gains, See: Chapter 1: The Changing Religious Composition of the U.S.

This is a phenomenon that is happening all over the world but people aren’t aware of it and it challenges the above statement IMV

I believe there is a great deal of speculation in this article concerning the amount of conversions in Iran, Indeed it does take place under oppression as in the Baha'i Faith.

I seriously question your "all over the world."

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It is a problem with the claims of wisdom from children that is no different from the beliefs of their parents.

Except that, as a child of my parents, I changed the way they believed.

The polls of changing within Christianity in recent history only reflects changes of less than a few percentage since 2007 points with non-Christian religions such as Islam and Hinduism showing the biggest gains, See: Chapter 1: The Changing Religious Composition of the U.S.

Which would be the counter of your position that children follow their parent's beliefs. So you have to decide whether or not your original statement is correct.

I believe there is a great deal of speculation in this article concerning the amount of conversions in Iran, Indeed it does take place under oppression as in the Baha'i Faith.

I seriously question your "all over the world."
You can question it. No problem. But even if Baha’i is growing outside of the family… then again, your original statement would be wrong.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As a note -- according to the nation of Israel back then, parents were instructed to worship YHWH only (I say Jehovah in English). Children were to follow. Solomon gave in to his foreign wives towards the end of his life, and built places of worship to gods other than YHWH, he was strongly censured for that.
1 Kings 11: "Now the LORD grew angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10Although He had warned Solomon explicitly not to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD’s command."
Many do understand that the word LORD in the Bible really is a substitute for Yahweh or Jehovah. The point is that Jehovah was the God of Israel and they were to worship Him only. And He was firmly involved with what happened in Israel.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Except that, as a child of my parents, I changed the way they believed.
That does not change what I stated at all, It remains by far most children around the world follow what they believe is the wisdom and beliefs of their parents and peers. Both you and your parents were likely raised in a Christian world, which is not likely a great change.

If your parents reject science based on an ancient tribal agenda as you do things are going down hill.
. Which would be the counter of your position that children follow their parent's beliefs. So you have to decide whether or not your original statement is correct.

The original statement was correct.
You can question it. No problem. But even if Baha’i is growing outside of the family… then again, your original statement would be wrong.
No

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My grandparents (father's parents) came from Poland. There they lived in a town inhabited basically by Jews. I was a young child when my grandmother died in the U.S., the only memory I have of her was when she was in her deathbed, my parents were there and I was with them. I must have been three years old and I remember saying to my parents, "What's the matter with grandma?" And my father told me to be quiet. So I was quiet. I did not know she was dying. I have a picture of my parents with my grandmother before I was born.

In 1991, I spent two weeks studying the Holocaust in Poland that included visiting three death camps and talking with Jewish, Catholic, and governmental officials. I then left there for Israel whereas I continued my studies. I was sponsored by the Holocaust Memorial Center, and after my return I included much of what I came back with into my unit of the Holocaust and other forms of genocide. A very good friend of mine survived Auschwitz, and he and I would meet regularly until he died about 20+ years ago.

Quite an experience.

YoursTrue

In 1991, I spent two weeks studying the Holocaust in Poland that included visiting three death camps and talking with Jewish, Catholic, and governmental officials. I then left there for Israel whereas I continued my studies. I was sponsored by the Holocaust Memorial Center, and after my return I included much of what I came back with into my unit of the Holocaust and other forms of genocide. A very good friend of mine survived Auschwitz, and he and I would meet regularly until he died about 20+ years ago.

Quite an experience.
I imagine. That was quite a privilege you had. My family came from Poland, those that did not escape were killed, some did manage to get to Israel and we visited them there. Of course the ones that came to America escaped before the Holocaust. My mother would always tell me about the pogroms, which I'm sure you know about. Many stories of bravery.

Yet people are still killing others in territorial war. Sad, isn't it? It was good you studied it, you must have a love for mankind and righteousness. I cry when I think about the war, even the early wars, like those of the Mongols astound me. Yet will wars ever cease? The Bible says they will and I hope and trust in that.
I'm sure you know the scripture at Micah 4:3:

"He will render judgment among many peoples
And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
Nor will they learn war anymore."

As a Christian this truth spoke to me today, I can’t get over what great things the Lord has done for us and the plans He has for us!

”But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.“
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

2ndpillar

As a Christian this truth spoke to me today, I can’t get over what great things the Lord has done for us and the plans He has for us!

”But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.“
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
And yet, you are going to die (Jeremiah 31:30) and remain in your sins/plagues. Do you see a problem here? Having the false prophet Paul supposedly write something, does not make it "truth". The opposite should be the assumption. You are not free of sin, and I would venture, that you, like your comrade Paul, are its slave.

And yet, you are going to die (Jeremiah 31:30) and remain in your sins/plagues. Do you see a problem here? Having the false prophet Paul supposedly write something, does not make it "truth". The opposite should be the assumption. You are not free of sin, and I would venture, that you, like your comrade Paul, are its slave.
If you had any authority to speak about this but you don’t. Jesus Christ said unless you are born again you can’t see or enter the Kingdom of Heaven, f your name is not written in the Book of Life you are thrown into the Lake of Fire. My eternal destiny is secure in Jesus Christ.
Tell me about yours

2ndpillar

If you had any authority to speak about this but you don’t. Jesus Christ said unless you are born again you can’t see or enter the Kingdom of Heaven, f your name is not written in the Book of Life you are thrown into the Lake of Fire. My eternal destiny is secure in Jesus Christ.
Tell me about yours
Your white throne judgment is determined according to your deeds, recorded in the book of life Rev 20:12-13. You are apparently judged on earth by following your false beliefs, as in the plagues you carry (Rev 18:4). All must be raised from their graves to see what is written in the book of life, for which recorded deeds they shall be judged. This is with respect to the white throne judgment. Everything has both a spiritual and physical reality. The physical being born again, is at the millennium, the righteous are raised from the dead and judge the nations. The spiritual version is that one must die to oneself. Yeshua said to enter into the kingdom of heaven, which is with respect to Spirit and power, one must be more righteous than the Pharisees, and one must not even look at a woman with lust. (Matthew 5:20 & 28). According to Yeshua, your destiny is determined by your deeds, and should you not produce good fruit, you will be cut down and thrown into the fire (Mt 3:10 & 5:20). As for what you "believe", the demons believe the same, yet they are knowledgeable enough to tremble. As for the "elect" even they can be deceived (Matthew 24:24). Yeshua said to be "saved", one must "endure" to the end, and this is with respect to the "day of the LORD", the "great tribulation" which remains in abeyance. (Matthew 24:13). You are holding onto the "message" (tare seed) of the "enemy", which has a bad ending (Matthew 13:24-30)

John 3:3 Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going; so is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.”
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

YoursTrue

Are you Jewish? Also, do you understand where Jesus was coming from on this and why?
I may have answered this before but I just came across it again, so if I did, please excuse.

My mother was a Jew, so was my father. However, I now believe after studying the Bible for some time that Jesus is the Messiah and the world's problem will be settled under the messianic rule. One of my favorite scriptures is Revelation 21:1-5. I'm sure you know it:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying:
“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them.
They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.

‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death
or mourning or crying or pain,
for the former things have passed away.”
And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.”

As a Christian this:

”Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.“
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

As a Christian this:

”Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.“

2ndpillar

Communicate what you think I believe.
I think you believe in the false prophet Paul's false gospel of grace/cross, in which you are saved with regard to your faith/beliefs. Your beliefs will not save you from "sleep"/death, nor from your plagues (Revelation 18:4).

2ndpillar

As a Christian this:

A liar often needs to state they are not lying, when in fact, they are lying, and indeed are speaking on their own dime.

I think you believe in the false prophet Paul's false gospel of grace/cross, in which you are saved with regard to your faith/beliefs. Your beliefs will not save you from "sleep"/death, nor from your plagues (Revelation 18:4).
Faith has always been the way to righteousness, was Abraham righteous in the sight of God because of Faith/Believing God or works of the Law?
Sin was always atoned for by the blood of the sacrifice after the law was given, but once a year, showing what Jesus Christ’s sacrifice would accomplish once and for all.
You keep citing Paul but who wrote Hebrews where this is all laid out?

Last edited:
A liar often needs to state they are not lying, when in fact, they are lying, and indeed are speaking on their own dime.
This is what John says about your teaching and views:
”Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.“
‭‭I John‬ ‭2‬:‭22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes… on people but not joined Spirit to spirit and thus, as Jesus said, “you must be born again… for that which is born of the Spirit is spirit"
In the Greek Interlinear I find the word spirit is in lower-case letters at John 3:5. KJV took the liberty to use a capital "S".
So, when Jesus was baptized - Luke 3:22 - God's spirit was in bodily shape as a 'bird' aka a 'dove'. see also Mark 1:10.
God's spirit is described as a 'gift ' (Not a person) at Acts 2:38,41, spiritual blessings - Ephesians 1:3
So, when God sends forth His powerful spirit (Psalm 104:30) things happen.

Also, it's good to remember John 3:13 because No one who died before Jesus (such as John the Baptist) were offered Heaven.
Those born again are like the people found at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.