• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Apparently, massive sleep deprivation isn't good for you and alters your personality.
I do not have massive sleep deprivation but when I am sleep deprived even for a day or two you don't really want to be around me.
Not even the cats want to be around me, I am so irritable.

I have been trying to compensate for the last two days so I can do my work but I feel as if I am walking a tightrope to prevent making mistakes since my short term memory is so bad when I am tired.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I do post verses sometimes with little or no commentary because the Scripture speaks for itself.
So, then you should have no trouble showing him that there are original manuscripts of the Bible.

You answer questions that no one even asks, so why not show us.

Maybe I want to know and I'm just being coy.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I do not have massive sleep deprivation but when I am sleep deprived even for a day or two you don't really want to be around me.
Not even the cats want to be around me, I am so irritable.

I have been trying to compensate for the last two days so I can do my work but I feel as if I am walking a tightrope to prevent making mistakes since my short term memory is so bad when I am tired.
I know exactly what you mean.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
If your personality is affected by all sorts of physical things - brain injury, hormone levels, medications, fever, etc. - in what sense could we say that the seat of personality is non-physical?
I hope this makes sense to you, I don't know if it will. But some people are said to be crazy. In certain words, "mentally ill." And others can be termed as evil, such as horrible killers, and mass killers, those who take guns and just start shooting at whoever. That is one reason why I will not be on a jury, especially if a person is maybe said to be mentally ill, maybe. Because God's law is higher than man's law. There must be a lot of mentally ill people around said to be committing crimes -- because the news has it that police and judges are trying to cope with the problem. Sad, isn't it. I think so.

YoursTrue

Au contraire, I believe you have proved something.

It fits my hypothesis too.
Here's the way I see it now -- if a person believes in the physical process of evolution without the need for a higher power involved (although they can't explain that a higher intelligent power can be involved) then someone claiming to be a Christian bases his belief on what? Because to believe in the process of evolution as how mankind came about virtually nullifies everything in the Bible.

YoursTrue

If your personality is affected by all sorts of physical things - brain injury, hormone levels, medications, fever, etc. - in what sense could we say that the seat of personality is non-physical?
Because we are endowed from the start (of Adam and Eve) with a conscience to an extent. I say to an extent because obviously some consciences are different than others. Obviously the conscience can be molded by parents, friends, external influences. I think it's a mess out there. By the way, though, I'm not perfect. Ask my husband and friends and non-friends. :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Here's the way I see it now -- if a person believes in the physical process of evolution without the need for a higher power involved (although they can't explain that a higher intelligent power can be involved) then someone claiming to be a Christian bases his belief on what? Because to believe in the process of evolution as how mankind came about virtually nullifies everything in the Bible.
You can believe whatever you like. It doesn't matter to me. Doesn't do what you say and it doesn't determine individual faith. Your group doesn't think anyone outside of it is Christian anyway from what I read, so saying what you are is a moot point isn't it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Declaring that one interpretation is the only, one true interpretation virtually nullifies everything in the Bible from my point of view.

YoursTrue

@metis -- here's one explanation, not that I understand it all, but here it is:
'The last rites have not been eliminated. What many Catholics do not understand, though, is that the "last rites" encompass several Sacraments, including Penance (confession of sins), Viaticum (Holy Communion given as food for the journey to eternal life) and the Anointing of the Sick." Last Rites | St. Michael Catholic Church.