• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Ditto, and Jesus' teaching that there are only Two Commandments that one must follow is blown off.
So to love one's fellowman as oneself -- let me know what you think about -- war...ok? Let's go into that a little bit and loving God and your fellowman as -- yourself.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
You asked for proof and objective evidence of what I have obtained,
There you go, doing it again. Putting words in my mouth that I never uttered. I didn't ask for that, since I am well aware that none can provide objective evidence for their religious experiences.
you said you were a Christian
I am.
but talk like an unbeliever who doesn’t understand spiritual things or believe what Jesus said.
No. I just don't talk the way you think I should, but the way you think is for you and not for others.
Probably just let it go at that,
I think you better had, you are clearly outmatched.
even Jesus tells us when we we obtain the objective evidence of God.
There is no objective evidence for God. SMH.
Each person gets that when they are born again or at death and the Judgement.
There you go again, giving yourself superpowers and authority over others. You can't know what each person gets or doesn't get.
Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.
It isn't hard for me to grasp what is going here. I can't say the same for you though. I'm not the one that keeps saying someone else said something they didn't.
Why would anyone be upset with that? Everyone has the same opportunity, same Bible, same Creation to observe God’s invisible attributes.
I can't figure out if you are confused or just saying stuff. I can't imagine why someone would believe they are in charge of determining who is and who isn't Christian, but apparently it is chronic widespread among some believers.

I appreciate your opinion on these things. It has been educational.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So let me see if I have this straight as far as you interpret/understand it -- are you saying Jesus implied it's ok to break the other commandments?

Are you Jewish? Also, do you understand where Jesus was coming from on this and why?

YoursTrue

Are you Jewish? Also, do you understand where Jesus was coming from on this and why?
It doesn't really matter if I'm Jewish or not. Because I'm asking you what you believe about what Jesus said. Since he said all the commandments are wrapped up (more or less) in two commandments, to love God and love your neighbor as yourself, since he said that, that's what I'm asking you -- if you think all the other commandments should or should not be followed.

YoursTrue

To whomever finds this interesting …

Ecclesiastes 3:19,20
“…they all [animals & man] have the “same spirit (ru•ach).”
Yes, I find it interesting. As I look at it more closely, it says that man and animals have the same spirit. Same...spirit. Very interesting, thanks for that.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I gotta book.

Exactly. The original character of Tarzan is based on a series of books written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. His first book, Tarzan of the Apes, was published in 1914. Prior to its publication, the story was published in a magazine in 1912. He subsequently wrote in 23 sequels with his Tarzan and Jane characters.

You're curious. OK. He was real in the movies. :) ok?

I think this is an interesting point of view.

Right. Very good. :)
"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time." (BSB) Revelation 20.
Satan is a snake in Genesis and a dragon in Revelation, seems like he has been eating a lot and being fed.

Attachments

• IMG_7904.jpeg
    IMG_7904.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

YoursTrue

There you go, doing it again. Putting words in my mouth that I never uttered. I didn't ask for that, since I am well aware that none can provide objective evidence for their religious experiences.
M
I am.

No. I just don't talk the way you think I should, but the way you think is for you and not for others.

I think you better had, you are clearly outmatched.

There is no objective evidence for God. SMH.

There you go again, giving yourself superpowers and authority over others. You can't know what each person gets or doesn't get.

It isn't hard for me to grasp what is going here. I can't say the same for you though. I'm not the one that keeps saying someone else said something they didn't.

I can't figure out if you are confused or just saying stuff. I can't imagine why someone would believe they are in charge of determining who is and who isn't Christian, but apparently it is chronic widespread among some believers.

I appreciate your opinion on these things. It has been educational.
Many, many if not all of the posts by all have been educational. They sure have. Wondering if Tarzan had any children that are swinging from trees. Ya know?

YoursTrue

Yes, it does matter as previously explained by a couple of us at least. What is pretty much the same is that both Jew and Gentile are required to love God and love one another.
Why should it matter when delineating a person's beliefs? Now I was wondering -- if a person does not have the last rites before he dies, then what happens? Any penalty attached to that? After that perhaps you can explain more why some people (not talking about you necessarily but maybe you know) would rather stay Catholic than be a Jew.

YoursTrue

Satan is a snake in Genesis and a dragon in Revelation, seems like he has been eating a lot and being fed.
Yes, in Revelation it is noted that he is delineated as the original serpent and devil and Satan. Now the word Satan -- as I understand it so far, means -- adversary. Interesting, hm? (I think so.)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yes, I find it interesting. As I look at it more closely, it says that man and animals have the same spirit. Same...spirit. Very interesting, thanks for that.
I’m glad you find it interesting…. But keep in mind, ru’ach is also translated as “wind,” or “breath”. According to the Bible, there’s no personality imbued with it, no consciousness….. just as “wind” or “breath” has none.

It’s simply a force.

YoursTrue

I’m glad you find it interesting…. But keep in mind, ru’ach is also translated as “wind,” or “breath”. According to the Bible, there’s no personality imbued with it, no consciousness….. just as “wind” or “breath” has none.

It’s simply a force.
That is true.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

It’s simply a force.
Ecclesiastes 3
19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[a]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

Those verses are referring to the physical body.... The fate of human beings is like that of the animals because the same fate awaits them both: The physical body of both humans and animals dies and the body of both of them returns to dust.

Those verses say nothing about the spirit (soul) which lives on after the physical body dies.
The physical body is only a vehicle for the soul to express itself while we are living on earth, it has no identity.
The soul is who we are so it is responsible for our personality, which continues to exist in another form after the body dies.