• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The LORD has turned over rulership to the "beasts" to have his "purpose" fulfilled (Revelation 17:17). At the moment, we are waiting for Daniel 2:45 to set things "straight", and the crushing of all of heads of the beasts, and their religion, Babylon the Great (Rev 18:21). What you have "determined" or not to have "determined", is the determination of one of the "many" (Mt 7:13) among those "who dwell on the earth", and who have been "deceived" (Rev 13:11-14).

Rev 17:17 For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.
Scriptures need to be examined very carefully and explained with meaning.

YoursTrue

I think you should watch the congressional hearings whereas Fauci consistently lied to Congress and would not reveal the amount that Pharma paid him, and repeatedly answered questions, with "I do not recall", to the tune of around 180 times. When doctors supported his premise that the virus most likely did not come from the Wuhan lab, he funded them with grants, this was after they said it probably came from the lab. You seem to be making assumptions from a position of a vacuum of facts. But then closet Progressives, those that create their own laws, seem to create their own facts.
I think I remember where he said he doesn't remember. I did wonder about that, but if I were on a jury -- the reason one lawyer told me lawyers take depositions is because the ones being questioned may not remember what they said. (I won't be on a jury anyway, even though I worked for lawyers -- for several reasons -- )

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, I don't think Dr. Fauci is solving 'the' problem. (Not 'my' problem as you seem to state.) I am not vouching for big pharma or information offered by authorities at all. I understand there are negative aspects attributed to the vaccines. I'm also saying that not everyone that is intelligent believes in doctors without wondering, and also what is issued in the form of information by authorities.
Just because people make negative claims about vaccines is not enough to take such claim seriously. You should try to follow proper sources and see if there is anything to those claims. From what I have seen there is no evidence for the anti-vaxxers. I could be wrong, but it does not appear to be that way.

YoursTrue

Just because people make negative claims about vaccines is not enough to take such claim seriously. You should try to follow proper sources and see if there is anything to those claims. From what I have seen there is no evidence for the anti-vaxxers. I could be wrong, but it does not appear to be that way.
I decide in general, if I can, what I want to do. I am not saying there may not be actual negative consequences from taking the vaccine. I understood when I took the vaccines I would likely have uncomfortable reactions but I felt the positive possibility outweighed the possible negative response by the body. I avoided taking medication in the past every time the doctor prescribed antibiotics if I had a cold/virus, etc. because I felt I would survive and my body could possibly develop antibodies for the future. And doctors often prescribed antibiotics when they weren't sure what the infection really was. But not all the time did I desist. I decide in general when. If it is an emergency situation and I can't decide because I don't know what the medics are doing and I'm not able to, that's another story. Just like I had an operation -- I am unconscious and hope beforehand for a good outcome. As I get older, I often tell people that when I was young I had no idea how difficult it is to grow old. But i am glad I am still alive, not looking forward to death, but hope for a very positive outcome. :)

3rdAngel

You know that is false. You know that I am the only one that has been honest here. That is why you once again admitted you were wrong by posting a link to your failed argument. If you really believed that you were right you would have debated this properly. Instead you keep referring to your lost argument. You keep admitting that you are wrong again and again.
No that is not true at all. The reason I keep telling you that I do not believe you is because you are not telling the truth. There was no truth coming from you and you were refuted in post # 208 linked that you refused to respond to showing context disagreed with you. So evidence has been posted to prove what you say here is not true. Try to think logically dear friend. Writing posts and scriptures do you that prove why you are wrong is not me agreeing with you and it is you not being able to respond to these posts is you losing and running away from the argument. So we will agree to disagree. I do like you though and you are amusing to talk to even if I do not believe anything you say and you are not being honest in our discussions. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks you for admitting you were wrong dear friend. No hard feelings. I am glad post # 208 linked helped you do see your errors. Next time please think logically and read what you are responding to before replying.
It does not work that way. You are once again running away from a debate. Though I probably will quote your post where you did start the argument that even you knew that you were doomed to lose.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is a copy and past of post #32. My new text will be the blue text:

3rdAngel said: From the scripture in the post you are quoting from. Romans 14:23... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Faith means to believe and obey Gods Word. Unbelief is not believing and not obeying what Gods Word (the scriptures) say. The scripture does not say "if you do things half heartedly and doubt that you should do them at all, perhaps you should not do them." It says whatsoever is not of faith is sin. We should not try reading things into the scriptures that are not written in them.
Your response...
Does it? I do not think that anything in the Bible says that you have to believe all of it literally. In fact there are verses that seem to counter that claim.
Sure it does (see my last post to you). Unbelief is sin. Those who practice known unrepentant sin do not enter into Gods kingdom according to the scriptures (see John 3:36; Hebrews 10:26-31).

Take Care

As you see, I specifically asked you if one has to believe all of the Bible literally. To quote "I do not think that anything in the Bible says that you have to believe it all literally". When you responded you claimed that the Bible does make that demand, of course you referred back to a post of yours where, surprise surprise, you misinterpreted what the Bible said again..

So yes, I specifically asked you about believing everything and you said that the Bible says that you have to . Now you seem to realize that that is wrong and want to walk back your claims.

3rdAngel

It does not work that way. You are once again running away from a debate. Though I probably will quote your post where you did start the argument that even you knew that you were doomed to lose.
Thanks you for admitting you were wrong dear friend. No hard feelings. I am glad post # 208 linked helped you do see your errors. Next time please think logically and read what you are responding to before replying.

3rdAngel

Here is a copy and past of post #32. My new text will be the blue text: Your response... Sure it does (see my last post to you). Unbelief is sin. Those who practice known unrepentant sin do not enter into Gods kingdom according to the scriptures (see John 3:36; Hebrews 10:26-31). Take Care

As you see, I specifically asked you if one has to believe all of the Bible literally. To quote "I do not think that anything in the Bible says that you have to believe it all literally". When you responded you claimed that the Bible does make that demand, of course you referred back to a post of yours where, surprise surprise, you misinterpreted what the Bible said again..

So yes, I specifically asked you about believing everything and you said that the Bible says that you have to . Now you seem to realize that that is wrong and want to walk back your claims.
Please try and think logically and rationally. Look at the full context of our conversation. I was proving your claim that unbelief was not sin was simply wrong by providing scripture to you to show what you were trying to say had no truth in it. Here let me post you the full context of our discussion so there is no wiggle room for you. You made this same mistake in cherry picking a scripture latter in Romans 3. Context is important when reading. Here lets add it back in.
All of it. Unbelief is sin.
Your response here
That verse only (falsely) claims that disbelief is a sin. It does not say or imply anything about the Bible.
My response to you showing from the scriptures that unbelief is sin according to the scriptures.
3rdAngel said: From the scripture in the post you are quoting from. Romans 14:23... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Faith means to believe and obey Gods Word. Unbelief is not believing and not obeying what Gods Word (the scriptures) say. The scripture does not say "if you do things half heartedly and doubt that you should do them at all, perhaps you should not do them." It says whatsoever is not of faith is sin. We should not try reading things into the scriptures that are not written in them.
Your response...
Does it? I do not think that anything in the Bible says that you have to believe all of it literally. In fact there are verses that seem to counter that claim.
Does it? Is the first thing you say after my post that is showing you from the scriptures that unbelief is sin is you asking is unbelief sin. To which I respond.
Sure it does you just do not believe it. Romans 14:23 says ... whatsoever is not of faith in sin. Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God while 2 Timothy 3:15-16 says that the scriptures are the inspired Word of God. Therefore unbelief in Gods Word is sin according to the scriptures.
The context of the discussion is that unbelief is sin. Try to think logically. You seem to have a problem understanding context. Sorry I did not leave you with any wiggle room here.

You are welcome.

1681632424975.png

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you ran away. Now you are trying to mimic me but that does not work since I was not the one that turned tail and ran from the discussion.
Please note I quoted your post without editing it, without interrupting it; You did try to claim that one had to read all of the Bible literally.

1681630691828.png

Last edited:

3rdAngel

No, you ran away. Now you are trying to mimic me but that does not work since I was not the one that turned tail and ran from the discussion.
Please note I quoted your post without editing it, without interrupting it; You did try to claim that one had to read all of the Bible literally.
Lets be honest dear friend. Running away from the our discussion is what you did. You are deflecting. The reason I keep telling you that I do not believe you is because you are not telling the truth. There was no truth coming from you and you ran away from our discussion when you were refuted in post # 208 linked that you refused to respond to showing the scripture, context disagreed with you like our conversation example provided above in post # 510 linked that proves what you were saying I said was not true.So evidence has been posted to prove what you say here is not true. Try to think logically dear friend. Writing posts and scriptures to you that prove why you are wrong is not me agreeing with you and it is you not being able to respond to these posts which is you losing and running away from the argument. So we will agree to disagree. I do like you though and you are amusing to talk to even if I do not believe anything you say and you are not being honest in our discussions.

1681632468118.png

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No that is not true at all. Running away from the our discussion is what you did. You are deflecting. The reason I keep telling you that I do not believe you is because you are not telling the truth. There was no truth coming from you and you ran away from our discussion when you were refuted in post # 208 linked that you refused to respond to showing the scripture, context disagreed with you (like our conversation example provided above. So evidence has been posted to prove what you say here is not true. Try to think logically dear friend. Writing posts and scriptures to you that prove why you are wrong is not me agreeing with you and it is you not being able to respond to these posts is you losing and running away from the argument. So we will agree to disagree. I do like you though and you are amusing to talk to even if I do not believe anything you say and you are not being honest in our discussions. :)
1681630714491.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please try and think logically and rationally. Look at the full context of our conversation. I was proving your claim that unbelief was not sin was simply wrong by providing scripture to you to show what you were trying to say had no truth in it. Here let me post you the full context of our discussion so there is no wiggle room for you. You made this same mistake in cherry picking a scripture latter in Romans 3. Context is important when reading. Here lets add it back in.

Your response here

My response to you showing from the scriptures that unbelief is sin according to the scriptures.

Your response...

Does it? Is the first thing you say after my post that is showing you from the scriptures that unbelief is sin is you asking is unbelief sin. To which I respond.

The context of the discussion is that unbelief is sin. Try to think logically. Sorry I did not leave you with any wiggle room here. You are welcome.
Try it again without interruption, like I did.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well that is not true. You are deflecting again what you do. Evidence has already been provided that proves this in post # 208 linked that you refused to respond to and above in post # 510 linked. No wiggle room. You lose.

The joke about being wrong and all those other variants are that you are not unique in claiming that other humans are wrong and what not.
The problem is that we are still there no matter how much you with logic, rationality and evidence claim that you do it the correct way.
So here it is:
Person #1: I am right and you are wrong.
Person #2: No, I an right and you are wrong.

Tell me about it. I have been so wrong for close to 30 years now, that according to the naturalists I am not real really and to the theists I am in effect already destined to Hell.
The problem is that all of us as different from "I" am right, are apparently still around.