• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

burgerizza?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This evening I ordered a burgerizza from my local takeaway

It is a cross between a burger and a pizza!

A burgerizza is two beef burgers with a piece of cheese between them that are covered in tomato sauce and surrounded by dough

It came with a portion of chips, some salad, and a can of soft drink

I thought it was OK but didn't like it too much, I'll not order it again

I've had it for about three hours now and haven't even eaten half of it but I will do eventually

Has anyone here ever had a burgerizza? And if so do you like them?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've made pizza burgers in the past. Burger buns with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and burgers with the same assembled into a...well...pizza burger.

Nowadays, if I make them, I forego the burger part. Poor man's pizza.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, I wouldn't eat any meat that's been sitting at room temperature for three hours. Huge risk for food poisoning.

I mean, I wouldn't eat meat regardless, but you know what I mean.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This evening I ordered a burgerizza from my local takeaway

It is a cross between a burger and a pizza!

A burgerizza is two beef burgers with a piece of cheese between them that are covered in tomato sauce and surrounded by dough

It came with a portion of chips, some salad, and a can of soft drink

I thought it was OK but didn't like it too much, I'll not order it again

I've had it for about three hours now and haven't even eaten half of it but I will do eventually

Has anyone here ever had a burgerizza? And if so do you like them?
Sounds dreadful!

The only decent burger is a "smash burger,"* with caramelized onions and, if you really want, tomato.

The only pizzas are the ones you make yourself, on a thin crust and reduced to beautiful simplicity: becciamele, asiago and artichoke, or mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and basel.

And never mix the two. Fusion only really works if you learn to meld the flavours in a simple recipe.

* Smash burger: 2 3-oz patties of medium ground beef and salt, smashed flat over a searingly hot flat-grill for 2 minutes a side until you get a crispy, craggy-edged, asymmetric, cooked-through patty that's juicy, caramelised, beefy and, frankly, the best burger you're ever going eat. Lightly toast bun -- and done.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Fusion only really works if you learn to meld the flavours in a simple recipe.
Yes, the burgerizza is most certainly a failed attempt at culinary fusion!

They cack-handedly threw together a pizza and a burger which resulted in nothing short of a monstrosity

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Burgerizza update:

I could only manage half of it, I found it most unappetizing

When I next go downstairs I will put what's left of it in the kitchen bin!

Never again.........