• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddha and Jesus

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Absolutely love the author.
Ditto, but I have to admit that my favorite by far is Tibetan monk Matthieu Ricard. His book "The Monk & the Philosopher" that he co-wrote with his father, is just unbelievably deep and thought-provoking. All too often I would read a paragraph or two and have to go back and reread it to try and figure out what was actually being said.

David1967

Premium Member
Ditto, but I have to admit that my favorite by far is Tibetan monk Matthieu Ricard. His book "The Monk & the Philosopher" that he co-wrote with his father, is just unbelievably deep and thought-provoking. All too often I would read a paragraph or two and have to go back and reread it to try and figure out what was actually being said.

Thanks Metis. I am adding that to my must read list.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
how many of you thank they came from the same place. how similar are their teachings?

There can not be many truths, but there can be many ways of expressing it linguistically, culturally, philosophically.

thus the hopi wait on the blue star kachina
the mohammedan on al mahdi
the christian on christ
the mayan on kukulkan
the aztec on quetzalcoatl
the hindu on kalki
the buddhist on maitreya
the farsi on saoyshant

once known as elisha, hermes, adam, jesus, asaph, joseph, joshua

Last edited: