• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Britt McHenry Ex-ESPN Reporter, Claims She Was Let Go Because Of Race

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
"A former ESPN reporter has claimed on Twitter that she was laid off because she was “white” and “made too much.”

McHenry, who is now a Fox News commentator and host of Like It Or Not on WTTG Fox 5 in Washington, DC, was among those axed from the sports cable network in one of its first rounds of cost-cutting.

She brought up her dismissal on Twitter after being taunted about being dropped from NFL coverage. She was laid off by ESPN in 2017, claiming upon her exit that her conservative views were stifled.

In a reply to the Deadspin web site, McHenry tried to walk back some of her comments, saying, “I think there were a number of factors into laying me off.”

But McHenry earlier said she may explore her firing in a forthcoming book. “Trust me, I wouldn’t make a claim without proof. One day in a book. One day soon.”

Former colleague Jemele Hill, who was demoted from SportsCenter at ESPN and herself made some controversial remarks, sent a tweet scoffing at the McHenry remarks.

See:Britt McHenry, Ex-ESPN Reporter, Claims She Was Let Go Because Of Race

Oh the irony!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So you let stuff like this **** you off?

Yeah... it's stupid... it's out of our control... nothing we can do about it... let's not let it ruin the day with toxic emotions. :)

But it's good to be informed!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In today's political climate I wouldn't rule out anything, really. That said, it does sound like the sour grapes of a little whiner. :)

I don't follow sports, is ESPN still a big thing or what?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Cry me a river, rich white *****, and see if I give one damn. Fired because you're white? If she would have left that part out and stuck with the "make too much" yeah she might have a point. But fired because she's white? This over privileged "what about me? cracker syndrome" is about as obnoxious as whiny liberal democrats who'd rather shut down communication entirely rather than let the speaker shoot themselves in the foot (and subsequently and consequently give the real bigot speakers more fame and attention).

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I find the overt anti-woman sentiment in this thread despicable, it's a dog whistle for the little rascals he man woman haters club.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I find the overt anti-woman sentiment in this thread despicable, it's a dog whistle for the little rascals he man woman haters club.
tenor.gif

:D
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Her conservative views were stifled? How were they even relevant when her job was to report on guys chasing balls around?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Cry me a river, rich white *****, and see if I give one damn. Fired because you're white? This over privileged "what about me? cracker syndrome"
Please don't use the C word and a reminder

Attachments

• NearPoisedIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif
    NearPoisedIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif
    391.6 KB · Views: 0

Jumi

This person? Looks like she has some issues.

I've worked with a person who behaved just like that actually. Surprisingly she was also someone who had gotten fired from her last job, this "lovely" ex-coworker of mine told me she was framed on that job trying to get some sympathy.

Last edited: