• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

Notanumber

A Free Man
What waffle.
And she expects me to give her a subscription for boring me silly.

All schools should be supervised by or under government scrutiny, so Labour's proposal for that does make sense.
:shrug:

You may have thought the conversation to be boring but 1.5K liked it against 12 that disliked it and it has had 26,026 views since it was posted 29 Sep 2019.

Julia’s guest is Katharine Birbalsingh, founder and headteacher of Michaela Community School, a free school in inner-city London. Katharine first hit the headlines when she bravely spoke out about failing state schools at the Tory party conference in 2010.

She was forced out of her deputy head job by the “Education Blob”, leading her to set up her own “free school” in a deprived inner-city neighbourhood where pupils have achieved astonishing results against all the odds.

Katharine and Julia discuss why the Labour Party’s controversial new policy to abolish private schools WON’T improve standards for state school pupils, why teachers are failing so many pupils from poorer homes, and why “old fashioned” discipline and teaching methods are the way to deliver a top-class education for every child.

Yet again, the PC establishment has been proven wrong.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You may have thought the conversation to be boring but 1.5K liked it against 12 that disliked it and it has had 26,026 views since it was posted 29 Sep 2019.

Julia’s guest is Katharine Birbalsingh, founder and headteacher of Michaela Community School, a free school in inner-city London. Katharine first hit the headlines when she bravely spoke out about failing state schools at the Tory party confe BBCrence in 2010.

She was forced out of her deputy head job by the “Education Blob”, leading her to set up her own “free school” in a deprived inner-city neighbourhood where pupils have achieved astonishing results against all the odds.

Katharine and Julia discuss why the Labour Party’s controversial new policy to abolish private schools WON’T improve standards for state school pupils, why teachers are failing so many pupils from poorer homes, and why “old fashioned” discipline and teaching methods are the way to deliver a top-class education for every child.

Yet again, the PC establishment has been proven wrong.
Labour's proposal to integrate all schools under one controlling body is great.

I thought you didn't like religious schools and such going their own way, and similar situations?

And Labour would change the system that caused the troubles in 2010

So...... No thanks.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Labour's proposal to integrate all schools under one controlling body is great.

I thought you didn't like religious schools and such going their own way, and similar situations?

And Labour would change the system that caused the troubles in 2010

So...... No thanks.

If all headteachers were like Katharine Birbalsingh, we would not need controlling bodies.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If all headteachers were like Katharine Birbalsingh, we would not need controlling bodies.

If pigs had wings.....!
You are criticising Labour for wishing to scrap a controlling body which caused the very problems that Hatherine got caught up in! That's just daft.

Labour wants to initiate a system with less corruption, more care, more sense...... and you're using a Tory controlled paast in trying to do this.

Bottom of the class for you.....

Notanumber

A Free Man
If pigs had wings.....!
You are criticising Labour for wishing to scrap a controlling body which caused the very problems that Hatherine got caught up in! That's just daft.

Labour wants to initiate a system with less corruption, more care, more sense...... and you're using a Tory controlled paast in trying to do this.

Bottom of the class for you.....

Have you lost the plot?

I said -
These two educated women understand British Values.

No doubt, this is the type of headteacher that you think has British Values.

School accused of scaring children over Brexit after warning parents to stock pile food | Daily Mail Online

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Have you lost the plot?

I said -

No doubt, this is the type of headteacher that you think has British Values.

School accused of scaring children over Brexit after warning parents to stock pile food | Daily Mail Online

I don't think that people who run 'the strictest school in Britain', attend Tory party conferences and promote military style discipline are what British schools should be like.

I went to a military boarding school in Britain, and you didn't. Definitely, you didn't.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I don't think that people who run 'the strictest school in Britain', attend Tory party conferences and promote military style discipline are what British schools should be like.

I went to a military boarding school in Britain, and you didn't. Definitely, you didn't.

I went to a primary school where the headmistress was a sadist. Her name was Miss Pendlebury. I cannot remember the names of most the teachers that I encountered at secondary school but I will never forget Miss Pendlebury because of her tyranny. She was finally struck off which was uncommon in those days but too late for me.

If you had watched the interview, you would have realised that Katharine Birbalsingh’s form of discipline is having positive effects.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I went to a primary school where the headmistress was a sadist. Her name was Miss Pendlebury. I cannot remember the names of most the teachers that I encountered at secondary school but I will never forget Miss Pendlebury because of her tyranny. She was finally struck off which was uncommon in those days but too late for me.

If you had watched the interview, you would have realised that Katharine Birbalsingh’s form of discipline is having positive effects.
Miss Trunchbull?
LoL...here we have the Montessori method...;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Well, she will say that.
And it's not a free school, either.
She doesn't like Ofsted, and nor does Jeremy Corbyn, so maybe she should support Labour conferences and not Tory ones.

Thing is, we don't want 'strictest schools,' for our kids, we need schools which can provide a balanced social environs where kids of varied abilities can maximize their individual talents.

It's a bad old world and kids have to learn to cope with all manner of situations and conditions, but preferably on an atmosphere of self determination, which they can't get if they are being streamed in to a single mind.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Well, she will say that.
And it's not a free school, either.
She doesn't like Ofsted, and nor does Jeremy Corbyn, so maybe she should support Labour conferences and not Tory ones.

Thing is, we don't want 'strictest schools,' for our kids, we need schools which can provide a balanced social environs where kids of varied abilities can maximize their individual talents.

It's a bad old world and kids have to learn to cope with all manner of situations and conditions, but preferably on an atmosphere of self determination, which they can't get if they are being streamed in to a single mind.

She is a clever woman so how could she possibly support Labour conferences.

Her system is proven to work for the pupils. Surely, that is all that matters.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Her system is proven to work for the pupils. Surely, that is all that matters.

This is all nonsense. Her school is nowhere near the most strict. ...................... Look, I tell you what, let's pretend that you've sold me on strict schools which, like any others can optr out of an institutionalised national system of education and 'go it alone'. OK? At last you won a debate ..........

So you support this idea, and you'll support the many Islamic schools which want to opt out as well, with their own curriculum and lesson plans and their own very very strict control of the children. You sold us all.

And the Jewish schools. And the fundamental Christian schools. Hell..... what about the Wendy Wantsome preparatory school for delinquent ladies?

Let's all just trash any new educational 'standards' and controllers, and do what we want........ OK?

NOT!!