• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

Notanumber

A Free Man
But 52% is those who voted. Many were old, they reckon something like 5% have already died, so the youngsters (Remainers) are in the majority now

I have no sympathy for those that could not be bothered to vote and neither should the quisling politicians.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The woolly thinking of the official opposition –

You could not make it up.

Who in their right mind would vote them?
Lots of people who fear Farage/Johnson/Trump/Putin pact.
I'm voting against the Tories, think that probably means Labour but it may be the Lib Dems.
If the Tories rule us as well as their campaign is going (mishap after mishap) it'll be a rocky 5-years.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm voting against the Tories, think that probably means Labour but it may be the Lib Dems.
If the Tories rule us as well as their campaign is going (mishap after mishap) it'll be a rocky 5-years.

I would usually vote either lib dem or green (most probably green) however given the seriousness of the situation i have asked my proxy to vote labour. Tactical voting is the only way to diminish the threat Boris and co are presenting.

Notanumber

A Free Man

I am hoping that I will not need to vote for the Tories if Nigel gives me a choice, but I could never vote for Labour or the Lib Dems no matter how desperate I became.

I would rather vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party.

7 Monster Raving Loony Party policies which are now part of UK law

Their policies seem more sensible than do any of opposition parties.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I'm voting against the Tories...

Likewise, although I'm pretty much disenfranchised by our undemocratic electoral system, because I'm in a safe Labour seat.

For those who aren't, I see Remain United have their tactical voting site up an running: Remain United

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am hoping that I will not need to vote for the Tories if Nigel gives me a choice, but I could never vote for Labour or the Lib Dems no matter how desperate I became.

I would rather vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party.

7 Monster Raving Loony Party policies which are now part of UK law

Their policies seem more sensible than do any of opposition parties.
Is this the same 'Nigel' that ....

Ditched all his UKIP supporters
Charged them £100 non-refundable fee to stand as a Brexit Party candidate.
Chose then to ditch 317 of these candidates - who don't get their money back.

Is that the scammer you are on about?

Altfish

Veteran Member

Notanumber

A Free Man
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I support a United Ireland but I don't agree with the IRA's methods; I support the rights of Palestine but don't agree with Hezbollah's tactics.
I think you'll find Corbyn is the same.

At least he doesn't support Putin, like Johnson and Farage do.

Seeing him skulk away like that, must be very embarrassing for those that still support him.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Not as embarrassing as Johnson's reception in Doncaster or the brutal criticism of Farage from his 317 candidates and their supporters.

What would Corbyn’s reception in Doncaster have been if he was the Prime Minister (God help us).

He would not have gone if there was nowhere for him to skulk off to, you know, a safe space.

Nigel’s supporters will realise that politics is a dirty business when you are dealing with a Brexit hating swamp.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Notanumber

A Free Man
Which party stopped the 'Irish Troubles'?
Was that achieved by vilifying them or by talking to them?
Which party(s) are now trying to stir this up again?

Corbyn is as deluded as his supporters if he thinks that tactic is going to work with the likes of Hamas.