• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREXIT DOA-PART 2

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Now with the British Supreme Court declaring BJ`s order suspending parliament as unlawful, Breixt is akin to the German battleship Bismarck totally devastated and only waiting for the coup de grace torpedo sending her down to Davy Jone´s locker. Breixt is dead! Parliament is totally paralyzed. There will never be an approved agreement. Now through attrition Breixt will slowly be flushed into the toilet. The mandate of the British public will be ignored and Jermey Corbun will rule Britannia.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Now with the British Supreme Court declaring BJ`s order suspending parliament as unlawful, Breixt is akin to the German battleship Bismarck totally devastated and only waiting for the coup de grace torpedo sending her down to Davy Jone´s locker. Breixt is dead! Parliament is totally paralyzed. There will never be an approved agreement. Now through attrition Breixt will slowly be flushed into the toilet. The mandate of the British public will be ignored and Jermey Corbun will rule Britannia.

Sounds like fun, at least people will know what is happening.

Do you realise that british air carriers are not booking flights to/from europe and may have to lay off thousands of pilots/crew with a knock on effect to 10s of thousands of airport workers.

Why? Because with just over 1 month to go, they, and no one else has any idea what games britain is playing. In the case of air carriers they cannot obtain license to fly in European airspace until the status if Britain is resolved.

What a crap way to run a country.

Darkforbid

Sounds like fun, at least people will know what is happening.

Do you realise that british air carriers are not booking flights to/from europe and may have to lay off thousands of pilots/crew with a knock on effect to 10s of thousands of airport workers.

Why? Because with just over 1 month to go, they, and no one else has any idea what games britain is playing. In the case of air carriers they cannot obtain license to fly in European airspace until the status if Britain is resolved.

What a crap way to run a country.

"Do you realise that british air carriers are not booking flights to/from Europe"

Fake News*

Erebus

One can only hope.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"Do you realise that british air carriers are not booking flights to/from Europe"

Fake News*

Nope, tiz fact, go into any carriers website and try to book a flight to Europe in November?

Example, Ryanair from Liverpool to Bergerac

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

I hope you're right. The referendum was won on fantasies - we should put the reality to a vote.

Darkforbid

Nope, tiz fact, go into any carriers website and try to book a flight to Europe in November?

Example, Ryanair from Liverpool to Bergerac

Screenshot_20190924_124048_com.android.chrome.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Now with the British Supreme Court declaring BJ`s order suspending parliament as unlawful, Breixt is akin to the German battleship Bismarck totally devastated and only waiting for the coup de grace torpedo sending her down to Davy Jone´s locker. Breixt is dead!

Amen.

But that will be only the start of healing, and it will still get a lot worse before it gets better.

For one thing, the UK will have to deal with the realizations, so far skillfully avoided, that quite a few serious matters need attention.

Not least among those, the severe levels of economic uncertainty brought by all this indecision and immaturity, which have already hurt the UK's economy and reputation something fierce.

Then there is the threat to the GFA. North Ireland can't possibly trust the Tories - or any Brexit proponents really - quite as much as it wanted to.

Scotland is very likely indeed to want to secede in the next five years or so. I predict that it will consider joining the Nordic Council in the next ten years as well.

Parliament is totally paralyzed. There will never be an approved agreement. Now through attrition Breixt will slowly be flushed into the toilet. The mandate of the British public will be ignored and Jermey Corbun will rule Britannia.
More like the farse of that fraudulent, incomplete, insufficiently discussed referendum that made half cooked promises will at least settle in. Apparently very slowily and very traumatically, since there is so much attachment to the Leavers campaign's lies.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Cock and Bull story. Boris (too cocky) gets kicked in the bulls by 11-0 defeat. Oh, so sad. Bad gambler? :D

HonestJoe

The Supreme Court ruling doesn’t directly impact Brexit at all. It will have an indirect impact but won’t automatically change the chain of events other than in timing.

Johnson might still get the opportunity to get some kind of adjusted deal with the EU which he can put to Parliament. If that goes through, we leave on that basis and if it doesn’t, it almost certainly forces a delay for a general election. Alternatively, when Parliament returns we’ll see a vote of no confidence in the PM and/or government which will ultimately lead to a delay for a general election.

With an election on Brexit, as it would effectively be, I don’t see anyone wining a majority and it’ll be a question of who could form a meaningful coalition. I don’t see either a hard no-deal or hard remain coalition succeeding so we’d basically be back to where we are now, but hopefully with a Parliament who can actually agree on a deal.

If Corbyn becomes the head of a democratically elected government, would he have a mandate by definition? Just because a majority voted to leave the EU doesn’t mean they can’t change their mind, especially if what they’d initially been offered seems unachievable and the immediate alternative unacceptable.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Will Johnson appeal the ruling to the European courts?;)
I almost wish he did.

And I would not put it behind him. It is not like he has anything to lose, either. He is finished.

That said - and there is a lot of irony in that fact, given the discourse of the Leavers - that is an UK sovereign decision. The EU would not dream to intervene.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I almost wish he did.

And I would not put it behind him. It is not like he has anything to lose, either. He is finished.

That said - and there is a lot of irony in that fact, given the discourse of the Leavers - that is an UK sovereign decision. The EU would not dream to intervene.
Don't forget though, Johnson said that Prorogation is nothing to do with Brexit - so this isn't a Leave - Remain issue.

Did you spot those pigs flying over Parliament earlier?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Don't forget though, Johnson said that Prorogation is nothing to do with Brexit - so this isn't a Leave - Remain issue.

Did you spot those pigs flying over Parliament earlier?
Suuuuure it isn't. :)

Perish the thought.

Then again, it is probably fair to say that it is at least as much about attempting to keep the Tories together and in power as it is about anything else, including Brexit.

I am looking forward for the resumption of the Houses' sessions, probably this week. John Bercow and his House of Lords counterpart, Lord Fowler, will have a few busy days ahead of them. I fully expect a lot of shouting and passionate speeches in the first couple of days.

We may well be about to witness the start of the end for the Tory Party. But that is small consolation, since there is a very difficult challenge ahead of us all. The troubles that Theresa May had forming a majority government will be candy compared to those of whoever succeeds Boris Johnson.

Last edited: