• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born again christian

We Never Know

No Slack
Just out of curiosity.
Where does people get being a born again christian from.
Seeing there is no where in the Bible about being a born again christian.

How and where do people get this from

IMO no one is born a christian, it's a taught/learned experience as they grow.
My question is if when grown and they stop believing, are they then a born again non-believer?

Faithofchristian

First: When 2 Timothy 3:16 was written, there was no New Testament.

Second: How do you know Jesus Christ is God?

When 2 Timothy was written it was one of the books which was the start of the new testament scriptures.

Second in the book of Matthew 1:21-23,

21--"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us"

Jesus is God, Thereby God with us.

Faithofchristian

IMO no one is born a christian, it's a taught/learned experience as they grow.
My question is if when grown and they stop believing, are they then a born again non-believer?

If they stop believing, then they were never a believer in the first place.

Being a believer isn't something a person can turn on and off like a light.

Either a person is a believer or their not a believer.

Wandering Monk

When 2 Timothy was written it was one of the books which was the start of the new testament scriptures.

So Paul thought his writings were on the same level as the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings that made up Scripture?

Matthew 1:21-23,

21--"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us"

Jesus is God, Thereby God with us.

'We know that he is God because the Bible is inerrant and the Bibles says that Jesus is God.'

Doesn't this all seem a bit circular? It assumes the Bible is inerrant. It assumes that your interpretation is also inerrant. It assumes that all NT claims about Jesus are true.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's nothing there about a Christian being born again.

Christians do however like anything else take things out of it's context in the Bible.

Nicodemus knows all to well that Christ Jesus is not talking about baptism, but something much deeper than baptism.

This why Nicodemus said to Jesus, can a man enter the womb of his mother the second time.
So by this, it's obvious that Jesus is not talking about baptism, but something to do with the womb of a woman.
I'm not familiar with Christians believing that "born again" means baptism. Every time I've heard it used, it's referring to a spiritual rebirth, a spiritual awakening.

Faithofchristian

So Paul thought his writings were on the same level as the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings that made up Scripture?

'We know that he is God because the Bible is inerrant and the Bibles says that Jesus is God.'

Doesn't this all seem a bit circular? It assumes the Bible is inerrant. It assumes that your interpretation is also inerrant. It assumes that all NT claims about Jesus are true.

I'm glad you brought that up
If you had notice in Matthew 1:21-23.
That in Verses 22-23
22--"Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted, God with us"

You do know, this is not only written in the new testament scriptures,
But also its written in the old testament scriptures.
Isaiah 7:14---"14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel"

Therefore it's written in both old testament scriptures and the new testament scriptures.

Faithofchristian

I'm not familiar with Christians believing that "born again" means baptism. Every time I've heard it used, it's referring to a spiritual rebirth, a spiritual awakening.

That's all because people have no idea or clue about the first earth age.
Before anyone was born, people were spirit beings back in the first earth age.

Then God made a body of flesh and blood and put each spirit being to be born in that body of flesh and blood.
By this people are born again of flesh and blood.

JJ50

Then God made a body of flesh and blood and put each spirit being to be born in that body of flesh and blood.

You have a vivid imagination!:rolleyes:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That's very bizarre, and makes no sense. If we are spirit and became flesh, then we are still spirit, just in flesh.

No, that verse is a metaphor for realizing our spiritual nature. We are "born again" to who and what we have always been. Spiritual beings at our core, which most people ignore.

Faithofchristian

That's very bizarre, and makes no sense. If we are spirit and became flesh, then we are still spirit, just in flesh.

No, that verse is a metaphor for realizing our spiritual nature. We are "born again" to who and what we have always been. Spiritual beings at our core, which most people ignore.

There you got it. Were still spirit beings inside this body of flesh and blood.

Stop and let this sink in.
Your body of flesh and blood ages
But your Spirit never ages or does.

Look at your age, now do you feel any different than you did when you were younger.
The only difference is, your body is getting older, but you, yourself is no difference,
you still feel the same as you did at a younger age.
I know my body is getting older, but myself I feel no different than I did when I was younger.
You know what I'm saying?

Wandering Monk

Look at your age, now do you feel any different than you did when you were younger.
The only difference is, your body is getting older, but you, yourself is no difference,
I know my body is getting older, but myself I feel no different than I did when I was younger.

No proof, just more magical thinking. BTW, don't waste your time posting Bible verses as proof because it carries no weight with skeptics.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Hmm, yes. Thou art not far from the truth. :)

Audie

Veteran Member
Seeing that Jesus Christ is God and that it's written in the Bible that all scripture is given by God.
So what does that tell you?

2 Timothy 3:16--"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

Jesus never called himself god. What does that tell you?