• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born again christian

Audie

Veteran Member
While that is true, but before the new testament scriptures were added, All people had to go by was the old testament scriptures.
Therefore the new testament scriptures will not work, when Jesus and Nicodemus were talking Al they had was the old testament scriptures to go by.

What your saying, would be like trying to take today's technology and trying to imply it to 400 years ago.it will not work.

So trying to take the new testament scriptures and try to imply it to the time of Jesus and Nicodemus will not work.

That is not even in the same ball park with what he was saying.

Wandering Monk

Well you just proved that you have no clue or idea anything about the Bible.

I grew up Baptist, born again. I know that book pretty well. But, unlike many in that group, I started noticing things that didn't add up in the Bible. Christian apologetics never convincingly addressed the objections made about the Bible. I have read some of those apologetic: Mere Christianity, Evidence That Demands a Verdict etc. They are not convincing in regard to the divine source of the Bible.

JJ50

I grew up Baptist, born again. I know that book pretty well. But, unlike many in that group, I started noticing things that didn't add up in the Bible. Christian apologetics never convincingly addressed the objections made about the Bible. I have read some of those apologetic: Mere Christianity, Evidence That Demands a Verdict etc. They are not convincing in regard to the divine source of the Bible.
I was a born again too as a kid until I started asking serious questions about the Bible and realised like you it didn't add up.

Audie

Veteran Member

It is pretty simple. IF it were of divine origin, it would
not have a whopper like the flood story; if the story
is some sort of metaphor, then the whole book is
so subject to "interpretation" as to make it worthless.

Faithofchristian

So Jesus wrote the New Testament.

Seeing that Jesus Christ is God and that it's written in the Bible that all scripture is given by God.
So what does that tell you?

2 Timothy 3:16--"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

Wandering Monk

Seeing that Jesus Christ is God and that it's written in the Bible that all scripture is given by God.
So what does that tell you?

2 Timothy 3:16--"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

First: When 2 Timothy 3:16 was written, there was no New Testament.

Second: How do you know Jesus Christ is God?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes that maybe true, but by doing so, only makes people look foolish.
But when it comes to God's word, it is forbidden to add unto and take away from.

Alot of Christians knows this, but still they keep right on adding to and take away from God's word.
Is it any wonder why Jesus Christ said, the teachings of man's makes void the word of God.

Funny how Christians added onto the OT, theeeeen decided it was wrong to add on. *snicker*

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

What if its not the Bible that is wrong but the church's interpretation of it that is way off?
If you reject what the church teaches, do you necessarily have to reject the Bible and its author? Isn't that like throwing the baby out with the bathwater? :shrug: