• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bones....What Have You Broken?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I believe I broke the nose of a kid at school once, in one of the few examples of fisticuffs I ever got into, with him proclaiming - I fink you bwoke ma nose. And where I didn't really mean to hurt him that much - just a response to some taunt, insult, or other if I remember. :eek:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Three metatarsals skateboarding. That was fun. When you take your shoe off and go "That's not right" it is a bad sign. Only one toe, that I know of from karate. That one tends to go straight when it is reinjured and when it is crooked again it is "healed". My wrist once. I slipped on my porch. That was embarrassing. Perhaps cracked rib. And my shoulder used to go out of joint rather easily.

Onasander

Cracked some ribs, broke my knee. I don't have ankles, I have cankles.... but if I had ankles I would of broken them 30 times by now.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe its my bad. I read "Ive had" and took it as to what bones I have had broke.

But maybe he was asking the BBA's how many they have broken of others.
It sounds like we may be covered in any extent. I've had a broken nose as the only bone of my own broken and I didn't even know that until a chance X-ray of my sinuses revealed it.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Arm, 2 fingers, nose several times playing rugby league.
Thumb playing cricket.
Shoulder, nose, toe playing drunk.
Nose walking into a glass door when not playing anything.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Fractured arm
Broken nose
Broken pinkie
Broken rib (X2)
Couple of dislocated thumbs

Not too much all things considered.

But then again, the majority of my injuries have been ligament tears and stitched cuts (some substantial).
Play sports, they say.
Stay fit and healthy, they say...

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I recently took an inventory.
I've had....
2 broken fibulas (left & right)
1 broken & split tibia
1 broken wrist
1 broken collarbone
1 broken & wrecked finger.
1 finger with an avulsion fracture
? broken ribs <-- Never counted how many

How about you guys?

Despite myself being a little bit clumsy at times, I don't have a list like that.

Did you play sports?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Despite myself being a little bit clumsy at times, I don't have a list like that.

Did you play sports?
Snowboarding got my ribs.
Moving an engine got a tibia & fibula.
While bicycling, a drunk driver got the other fibula.
Off road motorcycling got the collarbone.
A vice fell on a finger.
Tripping over a tomato cage got more ribs.
Stuff of that sort.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I think I may have broken a little toe once, navigating the bedroom in the middle of the night without putting on the light. I'm not sure, but it did seem to be sticking out at an unusual angle and was painful. My gf, whom I was trying not to wake, was treated to a fine selection of cuss words. In retrospect I think we would have both preferred it if I'd put the light on. I didn't see a doctor or do anything myself as I know there's not much they can do except tape it to the next toe. It got better.

That's about it.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Snowboarding got my ribs.
Moving an engine got a tibia & fibula.
While bicycling, a drunk driver got the other fibula.
Off road motorcycling got the collarbone.
A vice fell on a finger.
Tripping over a tomato cage got more ribs.
Stuff of that sort.
That's what you get for having vices. Which vice was it?

The tomatoes in Revoltistan must be some sort of fierce, violent variety if you have to cage them.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think I may have broken a little toe once, navigating the bedroom in the middle of the night without putting on the light. I'm not sure, but it did seem to be sticking out at an unusual angle and was painful. My gf, whom I was trying not to wake, was treated to a fine selection of cuss words. In retrospect I think we would have both preferred it if I'd put the light on. I didn't see a doctor or do anything myself as I know there's not much they can do except tape it to the next toe. It got better.

That's about it.
I did that recently, too.