• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boebert is tired of the separation of church and state crap

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The intention is that would have been rewritten about a dozen times by now. But despite this intention the living not be governed by the dead we are still governed by the dead.
That's not saying we should do it this way or that, it's saying that is the actual Original Intent according to the Founding Fathers themselves.
Would you trust it to be easily re-written
during Trump's or Nixon's reign?
I prefer that it be difficult to amend, which
confers some immunity to the passion of
the times. Look what happened when
prohibition made it in too easily.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Would you trust it to be easily re-written
during Trump's or Nixon's reign?
I prefer that it be difficult to amend, which
confers some immunity to the passion of
the times. Look what happened when
prohibition made it in too easily.
As I said, I am not speaking my own thoughts about it. I am simply pointing out that is the original intent, making the Original Intent philosophies and ideologies a paradox.
And I don't know how to describe my positions. The trend towards expanding voting rights is definitely good, and while the original intentions saved us from some of Trumps worse it wasn't enough.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As I said, I am not speaking my own thoughts about it. I am simply pointing out that is the original intent, making the Original Intent philosophies and ideologies a paradox.
And I don't know how to describe my positions. The trend towards expanding voting rights is definitely good, and while the original intentions saved us from some of Trumps worse it wasn't enough.
Your paradox claim escapes me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yep. Religion is/can be a great and wonderful fantasy, but when it encroaches on things like scientific knowledge and the like, some serious trouble can become of it if science dosent take precedent over a number of beliefs that attempt to zealously override the reality of what science discovers and confirms.
Like ' known science '. What is known up to this point in time.
Sure, we have Not seen anyone resurrected but to me that does Not make the resurrection as false - John 6:40,44
Without the Resurrection Hope nothing matters, do as you please. Eat, drink, for tomorrow is only your death.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
People who hate constitutional originalism
should consider that this is the source of separation of church & state.
I predict an eternal battle with fundies who want a theocracy in Ameristan.

There is a difference between the modern-day definition of theocracy which is rule by clergy or clergy class.
That is Not the Theocracy ( thy kingdom come.... ) that Jesus believed in. - Daniel 2:44-45; Daniel 7:13-14
Jesus did Not set up a clergy class that exists in today's churches.
That happened 'after ' the first century ended - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
Saying, 'an eternal battle with fundies.....' might well prove to be a trigger as to why the powers in charge will 'surprisingly' turn on the religious world starting with so-called Christians - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is a difference between the modern-day definition of theocracy which is rule by clergy or clergy class.
That is Not the Theocracy ( thy kingdom come.... ) that Jesus believed in. - Daniel 2:44-45; Daniel 7:13-14
Jesus did Not set up a clergy class that exists in today's churches.
That happened 'after ' the first century ended - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
Saying, 'an eternal battle with fundies.....' might well prove to be a trigger as to why the powers in charge will 'surprisingly' turn on the religious world starting with so-called Christians - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
I look at things far less technically.
Theocracy is simply when religion exercises
great power to impose its prescriptions &
proscriptions on the populace.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I look at things far less technically.
Theocracy is simply when religion exercises great power to impose its prescriptions & proscriptions on the populace.
Theocracy or rather to religionize ___________
Clergy use of 'religious power' to impose or re-channel religious passions into the political arena on the populace.
Trying to convert believers into political subjects often to their destruction.
For example: When the clergy use the pulpit as a recruiting station so that parents will sacrifice their sons on the Altar of War as it that is the same thing as the Altar of God which it is not.
Not the theocracy that Jesus taught or believed in ( thy kingdom come..... ) - Matthew 26:52