• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Body-Shaming of Men

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In discussions about multiple areas of politics, society, and life in general, I have observed that body-shaming of men seems to be alarmingly socially acceptable. This isn't limited to one aspect of men's bodies either.

Take perhaps the most common one: insulting men based on penis size. Often, it's the case that the person doing the body-shaming has obviously never seen the penis of the man they're insulting, but the implication is that if a man has a small penis, then they're cowardly, undesirable, or any other designation among a litany of negative ones. Never mind that penis size is unrelated to any personality traits or that there are conditions like micropenis that result in small penises, sometimes resulting in immense distress for the men who have them--on top of the social stigmatization thereof.

Then there are the insults based on weight, which, while not exclusive to men, sometimes seem to find acceptance from specific people who otherwise reject such body-shaming. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen insults such as "fat white man" and "big-bellied idiot" being used toward men.

Why is such body-shaming so widely accepted, in your opinion? If society wants to combat shaming of different body types, being fat, different skin tones, etc., then shouldn't it also seek to combat language such as "this guy has a small [insert any colloquial word for penis]"?

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
It is the natural tool a man uses to pleasure his woman, and its size is directly correlated with her level of sexual happiness.
It isn't something you can change tho penis size isnt and I'd think skill and communication(such as talking about what each other likes) would be more important with sex then penis size

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
It isn't something you can change tho penis size isnt and I'd think skill and communication(such as talking about what each other likes) would be more important with sex then penis size

It’s just a fact of life. The bigger your **** the more high value you tend to be among women looking for sex. So it’s a common tactic to attack a man’s ability to satisfy his partner, in attempt to make him feel worthless and ashamed over something he can never change.

VoidCat

It’s just a fact of life. The bigger your **** the more high value you tend to be among women looking for sex. So it’s a common tactic to attack a man’s ability to satisfy his partner, to make him feel worthless and ashamed over something he can never change.
I don't really trust your views on the world. If I'm honest. But I reckon maybe it's your way of thinking that causes folk to shame folk. Even tho to me it makes no sense to shame someone over something that can't be changed. Or associate it with character traits

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I don't really trust your views on the world. If I'm honest. But I reckon maybe it's your way of thinking that causes folk to shame folk. Even tho to me it makes no sense to shame someone over something that can't be changed. Or associate it with character traits

I’m not saying I approve of disapprove. I’m just telling it like it is.

Shaul

Premium Member
Another item of male body shaming is short stature. It doesn’t apply to me personally, but I know some men who are shorter than average. It does seem to be gender centric. Although females face some body shaming based on shortness it is AFAIK worse for shorter males.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In discussions about multiple areas of politics, society, and life in general, I have observed that body-shaming of men seems to be alarmingly socially acceptable. This isn't limited to one aspect of men's bodies either.

Take perhaps the most common one: insulting men based on penis size. Often, it's the case that the person doing the body-shaming has obviously never seen the penis of the man they're insulting, but the implication is that if a man has a small penis, then they're cowardly, undesirable, or any other designation among a litany of negative ones. Never mind that penis size is unrelated to any personality traits or that there are conditions like micropenis that result in small penises, sometimes resulting in immense distress for the men who have them--on top of the social stigmatization thereof.

Then there are the insults based on weight, which, while not exclusive to men, sometimes seem to find acceptance from specific people who otherwise reject such body-shaming. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen insults such as "fat white man" and "big-bellied idiot" being used toward men.

Why is such body-shaming so widely accepted, in your opinion? If society wants to combat shaming of different body types, being fat, different skin tones, etc., then shouldn't it also seek to combat language such as "this guy has a small [insert any colloquial word for penis]"?
Men are perpetrators, not victims.
(Especially the white ones.)
So....fair game.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
It is the natural tool a man uses to pleasure his woman, and its size is directly correlated with her level of sexual happiness.

Erm...
I have never heard anyone making that connection before.

@RayofLight It is related to masculinity. Penis size is related to how much of a man someone is because the penis itself is a very masculine trait. Likewise, being strong and muscular is also related to masculinity.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Another item of male body shaming is short stature. It doesn’t apply to me personally, but I know some men who are shorter than average. It does seem to be gender centric. Although females face some body shaming based on shortness it is AFAIK worse for shorter males.

Actually, I think tall women may have it worse than short women.

VoidCat

Erm...
I have never heard anyone making that connection before.

@RayofLight It is related to masculinity. Penis size is related to how much of a man someone is because the penis itself is a very masculine trait. Likewise, being strong and muscular is also related to masculinity.
Then it must be me being nonbinary that makes me not get it rather then me being asexual. I dont get why men care so much about being seen as masculine or manly.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It’s just a fact of life. The bigger your **** the more high value you tend to be among women looking for sex. So it’s a common tactic to attack a man’s ability to satisfy his partner, in attempt to make him feel worthless and ashamed over something he can never change.
Without getting too far outside pg-13, there's not a penis size in the world that can do more than two fingers for a woman's sexual pleasure. Perpetuating the myth that penis size indicates high sexual value does a disservice to both men and women, and gives a narrow impression of what kind of sex partners can or should enjoy.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Men are perpetrators, not victims.
(Especially the white ones.)
So....fair game.

I genuinely think that is it.

Many who see themselves as progressive
are so unaware of their own bigotry towards
groups they see in a bad light.

These types of shaming exist even among many groups that don't necessarily view men as perpetrators, though. I'm sure there are some people who believe body-shaming men is justified because of viewing men as aggressors, but what do you think makes the shaming acceptable to so many people besides those?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These types of shaming exist even among many groups that don't necessarily view men as perpetrators, though. I'm sure there are some people who believe body-shaming men is justified because of viewing men as aggressors, but what do you think makes the shaming acceptable to so many people besides those?
Seeing men as non-victims, & therefore not worthy
of propriety protections afforded those oppressed
is just a pervasive worldview...one not given much
active thought.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Seeing men as non-victims, & therefore not worthy
of propriety protections afforded those oppressed
is just a pervasive worldview...one not given much
active thought.

I think this applies to a subset of people. Another justification I have seen for male body-shaming is based in stereotypical, outdated notions of what it means to "be a man" or to be "masculine." For example, among some of the hyper-misogynistic, overtly macho internet subcultures that often take unscientific and highly subjective terms like "beta male" and "alpha male" seriously, shaming other men--whether by body-shaming them or mocking their personality and demeanor--seems to be a way for some to feel better about themselves or to prop up their sense of worth.

Inaccurate notions about what it means to be a man, which some refer to as "toxic masculinity" (a term I find useful in a context like this), are among the primary drivers of body-shaming targeting men, in my opinion.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
This is probably nothing new. Strong, able bodied men are naturally admired because of their ability to work harder and be better providers and women find them more attractive, in general.

A lot of this is just guys horsing around however. We should differentiate between real insults and friendly banter.