• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Body-Shaming of Men

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Why is such body-shaming so widely accepted, in your opinion? If society wants to combat shaming of different body types, being fat, different skin tones, etc., then shouldn't it also seek to combat language such as "this guy has a small [insert any colloquial word for penis]"?

The Greeks thought having a small penis meant your were more intelligent and a larger peen meant you were barbaric.

Why Greek Statues Have Small Penises: Woman's Lecture Goes Viral

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is probably nothing new. Strong, able bodied men are naturally admired because of their ability to work harder and be better providers and women find them more attractive, in general.

Someone could have a micropenis and be strong and able-bodied. I don't see how penis size factors into that. Furthermore, admiring perceived strength and health doesn't have to entail shaming or insulting those perceived to not possess those.

A lot of this is just guys horsing around however. We should differentiate between real insults and friendly banter.

I was referring to real insults in the OP.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That seems to me an ancient form of male body-shaming, albeit the reverse of what we have today where larger penises are glorified and smaller ones are mocked.

I agree. It is exactly that. I just meant to show that this sort of shaming goes back thousands of years, in one form or another.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
As to why? Probably because it's an easy call out. True or not. But body shaming of any sort is not a good thing.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
FB_IMG_1650325956099.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325950027.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325980431.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325975636.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325970871.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325965759.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325980431.jpg
FB_IMG_1650325975636.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650325961169.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650325961169.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Good grief! :facepalm:

As someone who actually likes men (yes, sexually!) let me tell you what I want -- I want a man who can feel and enjoy the pleasure I am anxious to provide. And one who, while he's at it, wouldn't mind doing the same for me.

The dimensions of his personal endowment aren't nearly as important as his face, when the clouds and rain come.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In discussions about multiple areas of politics, society, and life in general, I have observed that body-shaming of men seems to be alarmingly socially acceptable. This isn't limited to one aspect of men's bodies either.

Take perhaps the most common one: insulting men based on penis size. Often, it's the case that the person doing the body-shaming has obviously never seen the penis of the man they're insulting, but the implication is that if a man has a small penis, then they're cowardly, undesirable, or any other designation among a litany of negative ones. Never mind that penis size is unrelated to any personality traits or that there are conditions like micropenis that result in small penises, sometimes resulting in immense distress for the men who have them--on top of the social stigmatization thereof.

Then there are the insults based on weight, which, while not exclusive to men, sometimes seem to find acceptance from specific people who otherwise reject such body-shaming. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen insults such as "fat white man" and "big-bellied idiot" being used toward men.

Why is such body-shaming so widely accepted, in your opinion? If society wants to combat shaming of different body types, being fat, different skin tones, etc., then shouldn't it also seek to combat language such as "this guy has a small [insert any colloquial word for penis]"?
It is complicated. I went through much of my younger life thinking I was smarter than I was, partly because it was rude for people to tell me otherwise. In a society, sometimes a person's body type may seem funny yet may not reflect upon the person's worth. Description is important sometimes, too: "He was tall and thin, and he was wearing a yellow shirt." Shame also drives improvement sometimes. It makes us look for ways to be valued. I am against insulting people though. I don't want people to feel hated.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Erm...
I have never heard anyone making that connection before.

@RayofLight It is related to masculinity. Penis size is related to how much of a man someone is because the penis itself is a very masculine trait. Likewise, being strong and muscular is also related to masculinity.

Me neither. One that is too big is not a positive. Ouch!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Erm...
I have never heard anyone making that connection before.

@RayofLight It is related to masculinity. Penis size is related to how much of a man someone is because the penis itself is a very masculine trait. Likewise, being strong and muscular is also related to masculinity.

Same with breast size. I guess it's just the sex differences magnified.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Without getting too far outside pg-13, there's not a penis size in the world that can do more than two fingers for a woman's sexual pleasure. Perpetuating the myth that penis size indicates high sexual value does a disservice to both men and women, and gives a narrow impression of what kind of sex partners can or should enjoy.

Two fingers you say?

ahsevan2.png

Heyo

Veteran Member
Because people are superficial. Visual traits are easy and immediate targets. When Trump ran for office, the size of his hands was a target because it was an easy target. Since we know him better, it has become obsolete as there are more profound flaws to point to.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Because people are superficial. Visual traits are easy and immediate targets. When Trump ran for office, the size of his hands was a target because it was an easy target. Since we know him better, it has become obsolete as there are more profound flaws to point to.
Besides they should not have been pointing at his hands. That appears to be a myth. They should have been pointing at his cute button nose:

The "Big Nose Big Hose" Hypothesis Is True, According To Study On Corpses

Heyo

Veteran Member