• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM is a hate group

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
No, I stated vandalism isn't okay, but when discussing vandalism vs. systemic racism, which is the main aim of BLM protests, the matter of vandalism unrelated to a hate crime is minor.

So then are you saying it is ok for a oppressed minority to commit a crime but not the majority?

I realize anti-catholic sentiment was a thing, but would you consider Catholics to be a minority in danger of abuse currently? And does the history of anti-catholic abuse in this country equal the abuses of race? Also, is this even a case of anti-catholic sentiment?

So then is a crime committed against catholics ok if it was committed by a member of BLM or another oppressed minority?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Are you attempting to insult the personal character of a fellow RF member..? What business is it of yours what my character is and why do you feel entitled to begin discussing it here? Are you incapable of having a debate without resorting to fallacies..?

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't hail BLM is a racist? Even when BLM destroys religious and other properties?
Me thinketh thou protesteth to much.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We haven't had enough drama lately. You know it feels good to give that rolly eyed emoji.

Why am I not surprised that you completely ignored the point of my post and went straight to deflection?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Because Catholics condemn the sin of sexual misconduct against minors. Does BLM also condemn the destruction of property?

...If they do not openly condemn the destruction of property, and pay for damages, and they don't have a responsible authority who is legally bound to the law, then they are no different than the mafia or any other street gang out to cause trouble.
Okay, is openly condemnation enough if nothing really changes?
And who is 'they'? There have been lots of movements without official leadership, even violent ones. First wave feminism is a perfect example, as there was lots of violence, especially against corrupt police. Even bombed buildings. We don't condemn first wave feminism for it, just the perpetrators.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
do however find it interesting that depending on who the vandalism is against or on who commits it....we change our views
I don't.
"would it be considered Mundane vandalism if it were done on a synagogue of an African American Church? Additionally would it be Mundane vandalism if the target were someone other than the police?
Yes

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
What Blm to do to catholics is hate crime. It is terrible so many people don't care and pretends it does not happen.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
...Because they're vandalizing Catholic churches now. Which means they've gone off the deep end, and deserve no respect from anyone.
If we judge all groups by their worst examples, every group would be a hate group.

Except for the Quetzal Fan Club.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What Blm to do to catholics is hate crime. It is terrible so many people don't care and pretends it does not happen.

It's terrible to some pretend it does happen.

Again, post some citations to support your claim, otherwise your claim is meaningless.

epronovost

Ever look into the cost in money, and lives of illegal drugs in the USA....might want to...I don't see any part of that as mundane

Vandalism is a mundane crime. It's not a felony. Isn't associated with jail or prison sentences. Drug trafficking and adiction isn't vandalism. These aren't mundane crimes and they have devastated your country because it was poorly handled by overly repressive government response. Writting ACAB on a church isn't a hate crime nor a major crime nor even a noteworthy event during a protest. A protest that ends with a gaffiti on a church as only damage is a protest that went well all things taken into account and is a very small price to pay for the right to protest which is essential to any healthy democracy. You wouldn't want to stiffle the ability to organise protests, large or small, on the pretext that some buildings suffer very minor and easily repaired damage or streets risk being covered in extra detritus for a few hours.

You get that quote and know that for sure do you? If they spray pain your house with hello kitty, is that mundane.....because it is $50 and 20 minutes?

It's so mundane I wouldn't even report it to the police because that's just too tedious. If it became a common occurance I would probably report it, but not expect much action from the police since it's such a minor crime that it would probably be a the bottom of their pile unless I get my fellow citizens to get all pissy about it.

I don't feel that it is ok to vandalize, just because it is cheap and easy to remove. You can get a paint pen for about $25, so is it ok to key your car since you can touch it up for $25 in about 10 minutes?

There is a difference between something "not being a big deal" and "something being okay". Damaging someone's property is bad, but such a light easily reperable damage, it's not worth making a big fuss over it. Calling a ACAB graffiti on church a hatecrime is tantamount to libel and clearly out of place. That's not what hatecrimes are and hate crimes are serious accusations. Calling it vandalism and wrong is right, but most people don't care about small time vandalism that happens once in a while during protests or day to day life. We all live with it just like we live with people jaywalking, cutting traffic, jumping stop signals, speeding, throwing trash on the floor or taking a **** in public, etc.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Vandalism is a mundane crime. It's not a felony. Isn't associated with jail or prison sentences. Drug trafficking and adiction isn't vandalism. These aren't mundane crimes and they have devastated your country because it was poorly handled by overly repressive government response. Writting ACAB on a church isn't a hate crime nor a major crime nor even a noteworthy event during a protest. A protest that ends with a gaffiti on a church as only damage is a protest that went well all things taken into account and is a very small price to pay for the right to protest which is essential to any healthy democracy. You wouldn't want to stiffle the ability to organise protests, large or small, on the pretext that some buildings suffer very minor and easily repaired damage or streets risk being covered in extra detritus for a few hours.

It's so mundane I wouldn't even report it to the police because that's just too tedious. If it became a common occurance I would probably report it, but not expect much action from the police since it's such a minor crime that it would probably be a the bottom of their pile unless I get my fellow citizens to get all pissy about it.

There is a difference between something "not being a big deal" and "something being okay". Damaging someone's property is bad, but such a light easily reperable damage, it's not worth making a big fuss over it. Calling a ACAB graffiti on church a hatecrime is tantamount to libel and clearly out of place. That's not what hatecrimes are and hate crimes are serious accusations. Calling it vandalism and wrong is right, but most people don't care about small time vandalism that happens once in a while during protests or day to day life. We all live with it just like we live with people jaywalking, cutting traffic, jumping stop signals, speeding, throwing trash on the floor or taking a **** in public, etc.

So it's not a big deal then if Catholic protesters spray graffiti on a Planned Parenthood building... That's just "things going good"... o_O