• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black lives matter co-founder says they are trained Marxists.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We can criticise the right wing without being denounced as a racist, a fascist and a bigot.
I agree. I differentiate between Trump & Co and conservatives. I have issues with conservative economics and politics but know that there is a vast difference between principled conservatives and Trump.

The problem comes when Trump & Co co-opt the word "conservative" to mean their policies.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I agree. I differentiate between Trump & Co and conservatives. I have issues with conservative economics and politics but know that there is a vast difference between principled conservatives and Trump.

The problem comes when Trump & Co co-opt the word "conservative" to mean their policies.

Has anyone been denounced as a racist, a fascist or a bigot for criticising Trump & Co?

The right to criticise is something to cherish.

amorphous_constellation

(Marx never gave any
thought to regulating sewage runoff into rivers.)

well engels did have a quote on something like that, which popped out at me the other day when I was looking up marx and engel quotes.. his thought seemed to be that you can't alter nature without it acting differently in return, and in a way that is generally unexpected and for the worse..

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
well engels did have a quote on something like that, which popped out at me the other day when I was looking up marx and engel quotes.. his thought seemed to be that you can't alter nature without it acting differently in return, and in a way that is generally unexpected and for the worse..
Sounds like marxism & capitalism are the same in that neither
speaks to environmentalism, which is a value we add independently.

I'm a capitalist, a libertarian, & an atheist. None of those things
addresses the environment, yet I favor it's protection.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Marx made plans with unintended consequences.
Plans which don't fully incorporate human nature's effects are defective plans.
Perhaps. But even Lenin is said to have warned his fellow party members about Stalin.
Besides it’s not like hypercapitalism is that much better. A bunch of fascist corporations who have to be forced by law to treat employees like human beings. And even then, often wiggle their way out of it.

I make no pretences about knowing political theory, but I don’t know why Marx is so vilified. It sounds like his biggest flaw was a trustful naivety in human nature.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps. But even Lenin is said to have warned his fellow party members about Stalin.
Besides it’s not like hypercapitalism is that much better. A bunch of fascist corporations who have to be forced by law to treat employees like human beings. And even then, often wiggle their way out of it.

I make no pretences about knowing political theory, but I don’t know why Marx is so vilified. It sounds like his biggest flaw was a trustful naivety in human nature.
All other things being equal, I'll take hyper-capitalism
over ordinary stalinism, marxism, maoism, etc.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
All other things being equal, I'll take hyper-capitalism
over ordinary stalinism, marxism, maoism, etc.
I’m not convinced. But for my staunch individualist side, I’m fairly certain I’d fit in with the anacho commie types. Hypercapitalism is too cruel hearted for my soft touch ;)

amorphous_constellation

I’m not convinced. But for my staunch individualist side, I’m fairly certain I’d fit in with the anacho commie types. Hypercapitalism is too cruel hearted for my soft touch ;)

Well it seems that most left going people in the West would naturally fall into the green quadrant, as I stated before.. The problem is, that the people in the red quadrant will organize them in ways that would ultimately clear out the diffusion of social freedom. A prostration to eco-spirituality is what brings me toward the red quadrant, but I don't think a 'state' with that theme at the nexus can be organized through any kind force, instead it would require the convinced consent of the populace. Harmonious state rule requires real consent, not the terror inspired by arms per Engels for example. I think that when people understand that the earth has a voice which can lovingly command our species, they will be convinced :

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anarcho communism would never exist as countrywide system.
Some power would fill the void.
But it could exist on a small scale within a capitalist framework.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Well it seems that most left going people in the West would naturally fall into the green quadrant, as I stated before.. The problem is, that the people in the red quadrant will organize them in ways that would ultimately clear out the diffusion of social freedom. A prostration to eco-spirituality is what brings me toward the red quadrant, but I don't think a 'state' with that theme at the nexus can be organized through any kind force, instead it would require the convinced consent of the populace. Harmonious state rule requires real consent, not the terror inspired by arms per Engels for example. I think that when people understand that the earth has a voice which can lovingly command our species, they will be convinced :

Yeah the whole state above individual rights thing. Is that common in “red quadrants?”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

No better words can be said by a neo-Marxist.