• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bisexuality Confirmed!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well I don't agree with your thinking.

They are humanbeings.Homosexual marriage is just not approved

I'm not looking to marry another woman in your church. I wouldn't even think of infiltrating your territory. However, if you push your beliefs into the secular arena, and insist on disapproving of same sex marriage for everybody, explain to me again how that isn't discriminatory.....

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Lesbians are just dandy in your book then? Since it is immoral because it spreads disease, then lesbian sex, which is less likely to spread disease than heterosexual sex, is more moral than heterosexual sex. Next argument.

Usually arguments against homosexuality like the ones presented in this thread tend to water down to the typical "eeewwww, that's yucky" thought.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
i

35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back...
who is he talking about then?

That is why we have no enemies. :) We are to help the poor hungry and even thous who slander us.

For are only true enemy is the evil one.

Still doesn't mean we should support sin.

You do try a hard try to make an argument with the bible. But you fail. Horribly.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That is why we have no enemies. :) We are to help the poor hungry and even thous who slander us.

For are only true enemy is the evil one.

Still doesn't mean we should support sin.

You do try a hard try to make an argument with the bible. But you fail. Horribly.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Acim

Revelation all the time
How can something like homosexuality be sanctified?

Do you doubt the will of your Father? Do you doubt that He can make holy what you deem sinful? Do you continue to find division in what your Father has joined?

It can not. Never once in the bible is homosexuality spoken as an okay and moral thing.

Again, unless you are willing to be Judge for far more than what this thread is advocating for, you would see wisdom in allowing for marriage to bring the two closer to God, then allowing them to burn with passion with prejudice of sexual immorality.

IMO, you are not being honest by God, nor yourself to doubt this. Dishonest with God for (I think) you know wisdom in 1 Corinthians and yet would rather let devil tempt you into think you are righteous judge who is good to keep marriage from them. While allowing say heterosexual couple to marry who may do all sorts of 'sexual sinning' in their coupling, though with blanket rule of 'allow all of them to marry' it seemingly matters very little to you. But you judge heterosexual marriage as 'all good.' And dishonest with yourself because I believe if your physical neighbors were gay couple, you would prefer one of the two scenarios:
1 - couple is promiscuous and pretty much roommates who may engage sexually with each other, but have just enough passion to go and engage with others seeing as there is no chance for their bonding to be observed by larger community. Instead of nurturing their own relationship, some neighbors (like you) would do everything to fight and prevent them from bonding. Thus going outside of relationship is viable option, which you are passively suggesting be the case.
2 - couple is married, stays to themselves, are great neighbors who contribute in whatever way they can to neighborhood and community as people who are invested in the region and in a nurturing relationship.

Again, I think you lie to yourself, as a Christian, if you argue somehow that anything (including choice #1) is better than choice #2.

Acim

Revelation all the time
no where does it say to support sin.

Where in NT, particularly in Gospels, does it suggest you are to judge / condemn sin (in another)?

For I am sure I can show passages that suggest it is not your role / position to judge sin. So, neither are you to support it. But perhaps forgive it (within own self, and in view of others) is most plausible for Christian believer who upholds Spirit of the Law.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Usually arguments against homosexuality like the ones presented in this thread tend to water down to the typical "eeewwww, that's yucky" thought.

If we are legislating on the basis of the "eeewwww, that's yucky," I motion we make it illegal for old people to have sex. :yes:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
How does your feeling of being "staunchly anti-usury" manifest itself? Is it only that you have no debt yourself, or do you also actively oppose equal rights for people who carry debt?

Well I don't have debt, but it's mainly because I don't even work yet. :)

As for the equal rights part, I oppose usury no matter what. Whether you're in debt or not makes no difference whatsoever. Usury is usury.

I'm disgusted, not offended. Not all opinions are created equal. The opinion that homosexuality is wrong is exactly as unacceptable to me as the opinion that dark-skinned people are inferior to the light-skinned. In fact, there is no difference between these opinions.

Sexual orientation is completely different from skin color, but whatever. You don't think it's immoral; why bother with this then? It's not like you believe in a religion that forbids it or anything and you'll still think the same way of it (i.e. normal and acceptable).

What is the harm that it causes? Why does no religious person want to answer this simple question? As for the AIDS/HIV question here is how we debunk it: assume a gay couple waited to have sex until they were married. If it is still considered immoral than the possibility of STDs has to be a secondary concern and not a fundamental reason why it is immoral. I anxiously wait for you to list the harms.

It's mainly a religious thing, I have already told you. Arguing about it with someone who doesn't think it's morally wrong is pointless as, well it wouldn't change your mind about it since you don't hold it as impure or obscene like I do.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Where in NT, particularly in Gospels, does it suggest you are to judge / condemn sin (in another)?

For I am sure I can show passages that suggest it is not your role / position to judge sin. So, neither are you to support it. But perhaps forgive it (within own self, and in view of others) is most plausible for Christian believer who upholds Spirit of the Law.

I am sure I can show passages that condemns sins and accepting sins.

gnomon

Well I don't have debt, but it's mainly because I don't even work yet. :)

As for the equal rights part, I oppose usury no matter what. Whether you're in debt or not makes no difference whatsoever. Usury is usury.

Sexual orientation is completely different from skin color, but whatever. You don't think it's immoral; why bother with this then? It's not like you believe in a religion that forbids it or anything and you'll still think the same way of it (i.e. normal and acceptable).

It's mainly a religious thing, I have already told you. Arguing about it with someone who doesn't think it's morally wrong is pointless as, well it wouldn't change your mind about it since you don't hold it as impure or obscene like I do.

Sexual development definitely informs a human being as to their own identity. Just as, apparently, skin color still does in our societies. Given that many societies hold discriminatory and bigoted views of people who do not identify as heterosexual, with the majority of evidence pointing to that identity being based on biology, than it is not incorrect to compare such discrimination and bigotry as to that applied against people based on their skin color. And to be frank about it, skin color is no more mystifying and amazing than hair color.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist

You're running around in circles. In post #219, you said that homosexual was harmful. Now you are claiming it is about impurity ("mainly a religious thing"). Which is it?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You're running around in circles. In post #219, you said that homosexual was harmful. Now you are claiming it is about impurity ("mainly a religious thing"). Which is it?

I do believe it is harmful; impurity and obscenity cause harms as well.

There. Impurity falls under the category of "harm" sometimes. Impurity, obscenity and harm are intertwined to me.

Is that clear enough? :)

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
There. Impurity falls under the category of "harm" sometimes. Impurity, obscenity and harm are intertwined to me.

Is that clear enough? :)

Not really. You still need to tell me what that harm is. If impurity and obscenity cause harm, then what is that harm?

I am more curious about the way you respond to my question, rather then the actual answers themselves. I have been doing some moral psychology reading and I subscribe to a school of thought that believes people's intuitions lead to moral judgements and that rationality only enters the person's mind post hoc. I notice a lot of this in my own moral thought processes; yet, I will say that on several occasions my moral values have shifted due to rational reflection.

Last edited:

Banner

IMO, if we did a test where subjects were stimulated physically by either sex, but not told which is which (as in they are blindfolded), it would demonstrate to me that gender doesn't actually matter, but that we only think it matters. In this way, we could establish heterosexuals might be homosexual or homosexual may be heterosexual. IMO, it would be obvious that we are all bisexual. And simply choose to be otherwise based on conscious preferences, not natural reactions to stimuli.

Eh, I think being blind folded takes out the accuracy. Some people are not sexually aroused by both sexes. For whatever reason. Take me for example...I am not disgusted or turned off by women, and am not opposed to having a sexual encounter with one because I know I could be aroused and find pleasure with one. But...Although I think they are beautiful (and sometimes want to touch them ;p) I do not see women and feel sexually attracted to them the way I do men. I would never really want to be in a relationship with a woman or have an exclusive sexual encounter with one...so I think this would disqualify me as truly bisexual. No?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Eh, I think being blind folded takes out the accuracy. Some people are not sexually aroused by both sexes. For whatever reason. Take me for example...I am not disgusted or turned off by women, and am not opposed to having a sexual encounter with one because I know I could be aroused and find pleasure with one. But...Although I think they are beautiful (and sometimes want to touch them ;p) I do not see women and feel sexually attracted to them the way I do men. I would never really want to be in a relationship with a woman or have an exclusive sexual encounter with one...so I think this would disqualify me as truly bisexual. No?
This is why we have the Kinsey scale. :)

You sound to me like someone who is mostly straight with minor bi leanings. I can never remember which end is which, but I'd guess you'd be around a point away from heterosexual. Me, I'm a half-point from dead center.

ETA: Just looked it up... I'm guessing you're a 1, whereas I'm a 2.6.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is why we have the Kinsey scale. :)

You sound to me like someone who is mostly straight with minor bi leanings. I can never remember which end is which, but I'd guess you'd be around a point away from heterosexual. Me, I'm a half-point from dead center.

I haven't heard that the Kinsey Scale has any body of evidence in support of it. It was a speculation on the part of Kinsey that caught on sans any real evidence for it. I would be cautious relying on it.