• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Passed In The Senate Requiring Women To Register For The Draft

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I find it funny that the congressman who proposed this bill did it to make a point, he never thought anyone would vote for it. He was actually trying to make a statement against women in combat. But it backfired on him.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If the draft ever hits again, I'm moving to Canada, whether I'm part of it or not.
I'll always try serve my country as best as I can although I'll make a **** poor soldier in my 50s with diabetes and in pain a lot.

Oh yea.....

Cannon fodder.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So much for "land of the free" and having a military "fighting and dying" for our freedoms. Because apparently a massive volunteer army isn't big enough.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I'll always try serve my country as best as I can although I'll make a **** poor soldier in my 50s with diabetes and in pain a lot.

Oh yea.....

Cannon fodder.
I would never be a part of the military. I would fight harder to escape it than I would for whatever they think my life is worth.

HonestJoe

Ok ladies some of you want to serve in combat roles; guess asking for something and getting it also comes with something you may not have wanted.
I can only speak for myself but I suspect people in favour of the right for women to take combat roles would support equality as far as the draft goes. I also suspect many of them will object to the draft for men or women alike.

HonestJoe

Bad idea. What happened to chivalry?
The way you’re thinking of, it never existed. The general concept of chivalry died out with the feudal system it supported. The military elements made no implicit distinction on gender (thought to be fair because it didn’t need to) and would apply to female soldiers just as it would to male ones. I very much doubt anything in the moral and religious principles laid out in the rules of chivalry prevented knights from the rape, pillage and murder that has probably plagued warfare since cavemen were hitting each other with rocks.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I see no problem. It's only the usual suspects making a stink about it like usual. They'll blame Obama shortly.

esmith

Veteran Member
I see no problem. It's only the usual suspects making a stink about it like usual. They'll blame Obama shortly.
And I wouldn't hazard to guess who you "think" the usual suspects are.

Let's start with who do you think was responsible for suggesting and advocating for women to serve in combat roll?