• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher Humiliates SJW Professor

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Those hypocrites, at least Bill Maher never pretends to care about anything but money.

idav

Being
Premium Member
For a more balanced view, Sam Harris hates/loves all religions equally. He slams religious moderates.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Typical apologist with standard apologist smokescreens and misdirections.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
But what good comes from humiliating anyone? I do like Bill's comment that he's "not a Muslim hater, but a truth lover." In many ways I think he is, and so am I.

Is he after money? Sure! So am I. So's Sam Harris. We all need to eat, pay for shelter and care for our loved ones. Money can be very helpful in doing so, so I don't decry the urge to earn.

I'd ask @icehorse what (s)he meant by smoke screens and misdirections. I suspect (s)he is referring to Bill Maher's interlocutor. I don't know that the term smoke screens and misdirection is quite how I'd describe what apologists do. Rather, I think that apologists (both for religious views and secular ones) really do not see -- or at least accept as valuable or germane -- much of the evidence that doesn't support their worldview.

What I would like, almost more than anything (and I did manage to accomplish this to a degree on a now-defunct site called Interfaith Forums) is to get people to answer -- in their own terms, but at least answer -- each of the points made by those with whom they are debating. (By the way, on IFF we did that through moderated, rule-based debate. It was kind of fun, and I learned a great deal.)