• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big, clean and healthy frogs.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello guys.

Any of you know where in the world I can find big, clean and healthy frogs to eat? preferably cheap too.

From the looks of it, they taste like chicken. I really wanna try those.

Thank you in advance.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sam-Gross-frogs-legs-cartoon-National-Lampoon.jpg

Sale-On-Frogs-Legs.jpg

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Iberia Tavern & Restaraunt Newark, NJ. After eating there you can walk to Newark Penn Train Station and take the path train to Visit New York City. Cheapest way to get to the city.

I don't recommend going there Just for the Frog legs though. They are plain. The flavor comes from whatever sauce you use. When I talked with others that ate them they describe it as simple meat. Chicken has far more flavor.

Thank you, Bob!

Perhaps different sub-species of frogs have different taste? Craw/crayfish (crawdads) and king prawns have similar taste to that description while spiny lobsters and shrimps are very well flavored, for example.

Any idea if those are fresh and how much they cost? More fresh means more flavor too. And cheaper is tastier sometimes too :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Hello guys.

Any of you know where in the world I can find big, clean and healthy frogs to eat? preferably cheap too.

Thank you in advance.

Any swamp or creek bank down South. Seriously, I think frog legs taste like chicken with just a hint of gaminess. If you really want a treat try some alligator tail; it's delicious. BTW maybe it's just me but I don't see--or taste--the attraction of crawdads.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Any swamp or creek bank down South. Seriously, I think frog legs taste like chicken with just a hint of gaminess. If you really want a treat try some alligator tail; it's delicious. BTW maybe it's just me but I don't see--or taste--the attraction of crawdads.

Yeah, I'm asking because I usually think swamps and creeks are not that clean. I could be wrong, but I still had to ask.

Did you try those frog legs with too much seasoning and stuff that hides the taste of the meet?

I'd love to try alligators too, steak, I guess.

Never tried crawdads, but I tried king prawns and they are boring. People told me crawdads don't have the flavor other crustaceans do and I kinda believe them since they live similar to king prawns.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Thank you, Bob!

Perhaps different sub-species of frogs have different taste? Craw/crayfish (crawdads) and king prawns have similar taste to that description while spiny lobsters and shrimps are very well flavored, for example.

Any idea if those are fresh and how much they cost? More fresh means more flavor too. And cheaper is tastier sometimes too :)

Perhaps, only had one type frog legs once. It is an upscale Spanish restaurant in a big city, I hope they were fresh. They were an appetizer if I remember correctly about 14 dollar's for 4 legs. I have had everything but the spiny lobsters and each taste is different from the frog legs. Craw dad's and prawns have a lighter taste then shrimp but they have a distinct flavor and texture.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Perhaps, only had one type frog legs once. It is an upscale Spanish restaurant in a big city, I hope they were fresh. They were an appetizer if I remember correctly about 14 dollar's for 4 legs. I have had everything but the spiny lobsters and each taste is different from the frog legs. Craw dad's and prawns have a lighter taste then shrimp but they have a distinct flavor and texture.

Gosh, 14 bucks is expensive, I'd say if I knew better, but I don't think frog legs are that big.

Spiny lobster (or California spiny lobster as known in USA) has even more flavor than salt water shrimps and in almost the same taste. If you're a gourmet, you gotta try it some day. For me it comes second in place after mud crabs which I'm not sure USA has to offer.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
You guys tried quails? From the looks of it, I think frog legs taste more like quails than chicken, which actually does taste like chicken as well.

Ive been to several buffets that offers frog legs. They're usually fried. Yeah, they taste like chicken.

Now I really want some frog legs!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Gosh, 14 bucks is expensive, I'd say if I knew better, but I don't think frog legs are that big.

Spiny lobster (or California spiny lobster as known in USA) has even more flavor than salt water shrimps and in almost the same taste. If you're a gourmet, you gotta try it some day. For me it comes second in place after mud crabs which I'm not sure USA has to offer.

Just because my recommendation for something special is Alaskan King Crab. We order it from Alaska for Every Christmas eve dinner, Kids, Teens, Adults and Seniors all love it. IMO better than Lobster and not like any crab you've eaten. If you like smoked meat I recommend Alaskan smoked salmon, nothing better IMO.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello guys.

Thank you in advance.

I've heard before that France has many places that serve frogs pretty well. I'm not sure how true that is, though.

Also, frogs are haraam, aren't they?

Frogs. It is not permitted to eat them because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade killing them, as is reported in the hadeeth of ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Uthmaan, who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the killing of frogs. (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Maajah; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 6970). The rule is that everything which we are forbidden to kill, we are not allowed to eat; if we are allowed to eat it we are allowed to kill it.

Are there any types of seafood that Muslims are not permitted to eat? - islamqa.info

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yeah, I'm asking because I usually think swamps and creeks are not that clean. I could be wrong, but I still had to ask.

Did you try those frog legs with too much seasoning and stuff that hides the taste of the meet?

I'd love to try alligators too, steak, I guess.

Never tried crawdads, but I tried king prawns and they are boring. People told me crawdads don't have the flavor other crustaceans do and I kinda believe them since they live similar to king prawns.

They're as clean as most any other meat producing environment. The frog legs come just fried with maybe a batter (I can take them or leave them, but you have to try them to at least get them off your bucket list). Also, the tail of the 'gator is the best part.

If you haven't tried it already you need to sink your fangs into some catfish.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Just because my recommendation for something special is Alaskan King Crab. We order it from Alaska for Every Christmas eve dinner, Kids, Teens, Adults and Seniors all love it. IMO better than Lobster and not like any crab you've eaten. If you like smoked meat I recommend Alaskan smoked salmon, nothing better IMO.

Oops, I completely forgot about king crabs! They sure look tasty. I always wanted to try those.

I remember once I tried American (or Canadian) Lobster and it did not taste as good as spiny lobster. Maybe it was that sample. But still crab always tasted better than anything else. Too bad all crab (not crabs, haha) I have access too are more bones than meet. Now I must find a way to get king crabs!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I've heard before that France has many places that serve frogs pretty well. I'm not sure how true that is, though.

Also, frogs are haraam, aren't they?

Are there any types of seafood that Muslims are not permitted to eat? - islamqa.info

Thanks man! This is important. I should look into it carefully.

Yes, France is one place know for such foods.

Edit:
The rule behind not killing frogs was in a hadeeth that a doctor asked if it is okay to kill it to make medicine which is different than killing it to eat it. I'll look further into this while collecting information and avoid eating frogs until it is cleared for me.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
They're as clean as most any other meat producing environment. The frog legs come just fried with maybe a batter (I can take them or leave them, but you have to try them to at least get them off your bucket list). Also, the tail of the 'gator is the best part.

If you haven't tried it already you need to sink your fangs into some catfish.

That cleanliness point is a big part of why I started this thread. Good to know!

All sea foods are on the list really. Catfish is not excluded ;)

roger1440

I do stuff
Hello guys.

Thank you in advance.
There might be one closer then you think.