• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's War Against Gas Furnances

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok, you replace your fossile fuel cars and appliances with electrical ones.
You do realize that: below from: U.S. Renewable Energy Factsheet.
About 79% of the nation's energy comes from fossil fuels, 8.0% from nuclear, and 13.1% from renewable sources. In 2019, renewables surpassed coal in the amount of energy provided to the U.S. and this trend has continued through 2022.

Therefore more electric damand means more fossile fuel to provide the electric power. That is until an reliable green energy source can brought on-line.
They want people to go back to a green version of the stone age rather than progress with actual superior technology, the goal is to regress instead, and of course exempt themselves while they are at it because they themselves don't have the guts to ever lead by personal example.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They want people to go back to a green version of the stone age rather than progress with actual superior technology, the goal is to regress instead, and of course exempt themselves while they are at it because they themselves don't have the guts to ever lead by personal example.
So that's the secret agenda of the conspiracy, eh.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do they practice what they preach?

Find one.
I drive a hybrid Sienna.
I have many many solar panels on roofs.
I have mini split heat pumps in my office.
I have solar heating for my shop.

We can't just keep burning fossil fuels.
Eventually they'll become so scarce & spendy
to mine, that alternatives will inexorably
replace them. And then there's the AGW
problem to address.

Conspiracy theories are for the weak.

Twilight Hue

I drive a hybrid Sienna.
I have many many solar panels on roofs.
I have mini split heat pumps in my office.
I have solar heating for my shop.

We can't just keep burning fossil fuels.
Eventually they'll become so scarce & spendy
to mine, that alternatives will inexorably
replace them. And then there's the AGW
problem to address.

Conspiracy theories are for the weak.
I'm sure that justifies all the other fossil power you had posted over the years.

Gonna get rid of all that now since your now committed green and leading by example?

Don't forget to run for office!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is when behaviors of unrealistic crazy agenda driven people reaches the level of fanaticism beyond comprehension that past generations of haven't ever displayed over the same things.

They survived then , so will everyone else now.
We also survived before antibiotics. But we also had a tendency to die way more often during childhood.
I suppose we must revert back to the days of having a hoard of children just to hope amd pray like mad just few of them survive their childhood years, amd how deprived we are not knowing the fear of the possibility of the mom dying during childbirth like our ancestors in past times. And go back to bloodletting and humors. And let the lead and asbestos flow freely again!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Biden used the Cold War-era law to funnel money into domestic manufacturing of electric heat pumps, an alternative to gas-powered residential furnaces.
Guess Biden and his choharts do not understand how consumers drive the market not the government. Well maybe that is what they want; the government telling you what you have to purchase. Maybe they want to institute a government owned economic system also; appears that way to me.
Where does it say anything is being banned?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh gosh, I wonder how past generations ever survived with all that terrible stuff that now, with this generation of nutcases , must absolutely be eliminated this very minute via numerous bat **** crazy alarmist agenda ridden activists with nothing better to do with their time than force and boss others who don't share nor particularly like their views for no other reason that they just can't stand how other people want to live their lives.
My mom used to play with asbestos in school. She's still alive so it's all good!
Ah, the good ole days. :rolleyes:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
People still survived perfectly fine for centuries with common sense precautions.

That's the bottom line.
Not really though.

Almost half of all children used to die before the age of five, up until like, the end of the 19th Century.
Factory workers died all the time from working in horrible conditions, often involving exposure to deadly chemicals (See: The Radium Girls), up until about the turn of the 20th Century. That is, until workers began demanding some regulations be put into place to protect them.

Ah, the good old days.

Such bizarre arguments you've made here.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Who's "they" and where's your evidence?

Why do you think regulating stuff that affects public health amounts to going back to the "stone age?"

Twilight Hue

Not really though.

Almost half of all children used to die before the age of five, up until like, the end of the 19th Century.
Factory workers died all the time from working in horrible conditions, often involving exposure to deadly chemicals (See: The Radium Girls), up until about the turn of the 20th Century. That is, until workers began demanding some regulations be put into place to protect them.

Ah, the good old days.

Such bizarre arguments you've made here.
Almpst half of all children? Get real.

So bizarre you can't even provide sources for your completely wild ridiculous claims.

Twilight Hue

Who's "they" and where's your evidence?

Why do you think regulating stuff that affects public health amounts to going back to the "stone age?"
The evidence is the rightly and squarely deserved back lash and push back. If it was so great and wonderful, then there would be no backlash.

They meaning anybody and everybody on the sanctimonious quest for green energy who have lost their common sense and foresight to see it properly developed and superior to the energy it seeks to replace.

If they can't walk the talk themselves, then they should shut up and sod off to where they are wanted elsewhere.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Almpst half of all children? Get real.

So bizarre you can't even provide sources for your completely wild ridiculous claims.
Radium Girls"

"The Radium Girls were female factory workers who contracted radiation poisoning from painting radium dials – watch dials and hands with self-luminous paint. The incidents occurred at three factories in the United States: one in Orange, New Jersey, beginning around 1917; one in Ottawa, Illinois, beginning in the early 1920s; and one in Waterbury, Connecticut, also in the 1920s.

After being told that the paint was harmless, the women
in each facility ingested deadly amounts of radium after being instructed to "point" their brushes on their lips in order to give them a fine tip;[1] some also painted their fingernails, faces, and teeth with the glowing substance. The women were instructed to point their brushes in this way because using rags or a water rinse caused them to use more time and material, as the paint was made from powdered radium, zinc sulfide (a phosphor), gum arabic, and water.

Five of the women in New Jersey challenged their employer in a case over the right of individual workers who contract occupational diseases to sue their employers under New Jersey's occupational injuries law, which at the time had a two-year statute of limitations, but settled out of court in 1928. Five women in Illinois who were employees of the Radium Dial Company (which was unaffiliated with the United States Radium Corporation) sued their employer under Illinois law, winning damages in 1938.[2]"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How about the triangle shirtwaist factory fire? Ever heard of that one?

"The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, on Saturday, March 25, 1911, was the deadliest industrial disaster in the history of the city, and one of the deadliest in U.S. history.[1] The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers – 123 women and girls and 23 men[2] – who died from the fire, smoke inhalation, falling, or jumping to their deaths. Most of the victims were recent Italian or Jewish immigrant women and girls aged 14 to 23;[3][4] of the victims whose ages are known, the oldest victim was 43-year-old Providenza Panno, and the youngest were 14-year-olds Kate Leone and Rosaria "Sara" Maltese.[5]

The factory was located on the 8th, 9th, and 10th floors of the Asch Building, which had been built in 1901. Later renamed the "Brown Building", it still stands at 23–29 Washington Place near Washington Square Park, on the New York University (NYU) campus.[6] The building has been designated a National Historic Landmark and a New York City landmark.[7]

Because the doors to the stairwells and exits were locked[1][8] – a common practice at the time to prevent workers from taking unauthorized breaks and to reduce theft[9] – many of the workers could not escape from the burning building and jumped from the high windows. The fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU), which fought for better working conditions for sweatshop workers."

Thank goodness the people who suffered through these terrible practices gave enough of a crap about other people to fight for regulations to stop this kind of horrible stuff from happening. Regulations are bad though, right? :rolleyes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As to child mortality:

"Let’s take all the historical estimates of child mortality and combine them with global data for recent decades to see what this tells us about humanity’s history.6

What is striking about the historical research is how similar child mortality rates were across a wide range of very different historical cultures: No matter where in the world a child was born, about half of them died."

"The child mortality rate in the United States, for children under the age of five, was 462.9 deaths per thousand births in 1800. This means that for every thousand babies born in 1800, over 46 percent did not make it to their fifth birthday. Over the course of the next 220 years, this number has dropped drastically, and the rate has dropped to its lowest point ever in 2020 where it is just seven deaths per thousand births. Although the child mortality rate has decreased greatly over this 220 year period, there were two occasions where it increased; in the 1870s, as a result of the fourth cholera pandemic, smallpox outbreaks, and yellow fever, and in the late 1910s, due to the Spanish Flu pandemic."

"In 1900, 30 percent of all deaths in the United States occurred in children less than 5 years of age compared to just 1.4 percent in 1999 (CDC, 1999a; NCHS, 2001a). Infant mortality dropped from approximately 100 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1915 (the first year for which data to calculate an infant mortality rate were available) to 29.2 deaths per 1,000 births in 1950 and 7.1 per 1,000 in 1999 (CDC, 1999b; NCHS, 2001a).2

This decrease in mortality reflects a century's worth of advances in public health, living standards, medical science and technology, and clinical practice. Many infants who once would have died from prematurity, complications of childbirth, and congenital anomalies (birth defects) now survive. Children who previously would have perished from an array of childhood infections today live healthy and long lives thanks to sanitation improvements, vaccines, and antibiotics. In the United States, the average life expectancy at birth rose from less than 50 years in 1900 to more than 76 years in 1999, due in considerable measure to continuing reductions in infant and child mortality (NCHS, 2001c). ...

.... In 1900, pneumonia and influenza, tuberculosis, and enteritis with diarrhea were the three leading causes of death in the United States, and children under 5 accounted for 40 percent of all deaths from these infections (CDC, 1999a). Today, only pneumonia (in combination with influenza) is among the top 10 causes of death overall or for children."

Child labour:

"In cotton mills children might start as scavengers, crawling beneath working machinery to clear away dust, dirt and anything else that might cause problems for the mechanism, and to gather any cotton to prevent wastage. Crawling among the moving parts was extremely dangerous, and accidents and fatalities were common. Children might have their hair ripped out, their fingers and arms broken or cut off, their heads squashed, be decapitated, or, if they got stuck, have their entire bodies crushed by the machinery. When they were older and too big to fit below the machines, they might become piecers, working at spinning machines repairing breaks in the thread.

Child labour was used In matchstick factories, were children would be employed to dip wood in a phosphorus concoction, after which they would be dried out, cut into sticks and packaged. The phosphorus in the air would cause the inside of the factory and the workers themselves to glow a blue-green colour. Inhalation of the phosphorus fumes caused inflammation of the lungs. In addition, about 11% of those exposed to phosphorus fumes would develop ‘phossy jaw’, an infection of the mandible that caused the bone to decay, resulting in facial disfigurement and treated by amputation.

There were many other less dangerous jobs types of child labour in factories. For example, after his father went to debtors’ prison in 1824, a 12-year-old Charles Dickens was forced to take a job in Warren’s Blacking Warehouse, where he worked 10-hour days sticking the labels to pots of boot polish. Even in these environments, however, working long hours indoors where they didn’t get enough sunshine to produce the vitamin D necessary for proper bone growth meant that the children employed were likely to develop rickets."

There you go.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The evidence is the rightly and squarely deserved back lash and push back. If it was so great and wonderful, then there would be no backlash.
There is and has been backlash for good things as well, all throughout history. For example, making seatbelts in cars mandatory.

I wouldn't be using that as my metric. :shrug:
They meaning anybody and everybody on the sanctimonious quest for green energy who have lost their common sense and foresight to see it properly developed and superior to the energy it seeks to replace.

If they can't walk the talk themselves, then they should shut up and sod off to where they are wanted elsewhere.
Sorry, what's this got to do "them" wanting us to go back the stone age, but greener? You still didn't say who "they are" in any kind of specific way where I actually know who you're talking about. Do you mean Joe Biden?

Twilight Hue

There is and has been backlash for good things as well, all throughout history. For example, making seatbelts in cars mandatory.

I wouldn't be using that as my metric. :shrug:

Sorry, what's this got to do "them" wanting us to go back the stone age, but greener? You still didn't say who "they are" in any kind of specific way where I actually know who you're talking about. Do you mean Joe Biden?
If your (meaning essentially anybody) claiming that green energy is so much better, so much superior, than you had better be using green energy yourself to prove the point , otherwise people will see you as full of ****.