• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's War Against Gas Furnances

esmith

Veteran Member
Biden used the Cold War-era law to funnel money into domestic manufacturing of electric heat pumps, an alternative to gas-powered residential furnaces.
Guess Biden and his choharts do not understand how consumers drive the market not the government. Well maybe that is what they want; the government telling you what you have to purchase. Maybe they want to institute a government owned economic system also; appears that way to me.

Bthoth

*banned*
Biden used the Cold War-era law to funnel money into domestic manufacturing of electric heat pumps, an alternative to gas-powered residential furnaces.
Guess Biden and his choharts do not understand how consumers drive the market not the government. Well maybe that is what they want; the government telling you what you have to purchase. Maybe they want to institute a government owned economic system also; appears that way to me.
not much different than electric automobiles versus electric.

Change

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What else would it be?

These people are completely nuts banning everything in sight that they don't agree with with the goal of taking over the means of production from the private sector and putting that control squarely in government hands.

It's their view only that matters and is clearly a quest for control, minuplation, and power over people in their little Communist themed fifedom.

F1fan

Veteran Member
What else would it be?

These people are completely nuts banning everything in sight that they don't agree with with the goal of taking over the means of production from the private sector and putting that control squarely in government hands.

It's their view only that matters and is clearly a quest for control, minuplation, and power over people in their little Communist themed fifedom.
I'm shocked you conservatives don't use covered wagons to get around town, and across the nation. I'm so proud of you for adoping the horseless carriage. I'll bet you've even flown in those new fangled aeroplanes, and given up the locomotive. And how about heating your homes with wood burning stoves, have you really advanced to gas? Good for you guys.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Note the second article you posted has "public health" in the title. That might clue you in to the fact that gas is an environmental problem for humans who breathe its invisible fumes and byproducts.

Gas appliances can give off toxic carbon monoxide and other air pollutants​

Twilight Hue

Note the second article you posted has "public health" in the title. That might clue you in to the fact that gas is an environmental problem for humans who breathe its invisible fumes and byproducts.

Gas appliances can give off toxic carbon monoxide and other air pollutants​

Oh gosh, I wonder how past generations ever survived with all that terrible stuff that now, with this generation of nutcases , must absolutely be eliminated this very minute via numerous bat **** crazy alarmist agenda ridden activists with nothing better to do with their time than force and boss others who don't share nor particularly like their views for no other reason that they just can't stand how other people want to live their lives.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Oh gosh, I wonder how past generations ever survived with all that terrible stuff that now, with this generation of nutcases , must absolutely be eliminated this very minute via numerous bat **** crazy alarmist agenda ridden activists with nothing better to do with their time than force and boss others who don't share nor particularly like their views for no other reason that they just can't stand how other people want to live their lives.
Childhood asthma rates aren't "alarmism".

Twilight Hue

Childhood asthma rates aren't "alarmism".
It is when behaviors of unrealistic crazy agenda driven people reaches the level of fanaticism beyond comprehension that past generations of haven't ever displayed over the same things.

They survived then , so will everyone else now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Heat pumps have come a long way in the
last few decades. Ground source heat
pumps & mini-splits are more practical
than before, even in cold climates.
I recently added a heating system to some
offices, & mini-splits were the way to go,
even without any government subsidy.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Heat pumps have come a long way in the
last few decades. Ground source heat
pumps & mini-splits are more practical
than before, even in cold climates.
I recently added a heating system to some
offices, & mini-splits were the way to go,
even without any government subsidy.

I don't know what a mini-split is, but I've got a heat pump, and our electric bill last month was $75, so I'm happy with heat pumps.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Simple, homes were not built very air tight until the 60's and 70's. In fact when gas was being widely used for lighting, and even as space heaters as inserts in fake fireplaces (that had no chimney) in the 1890-1920's the home owners still suffered from poisoning but the windows were so loose that there was just enough fresh air seeping in to prevent deaths. Nowadays we have very efficient windows and doors, and the air quality in homes is a bigger problem. Even gas stoves can dump enough carbon monoxide into homes to set off alarms. Bigger homes have an advantage since the CO2 can dissipate, but it can still cause health problems. Smaller homes and apartments that use gas stoves pose a bigger threat to health.

Carbon monoxide poisoning works by the CO2 molecules attaching to red blood cells and prevent oxygen from attaching. Those who die literally suffocate to death. An occassional exposure won't cause long term harm, but continual exposure can affect health, and in children, can cause developmental problems.

Twilight Hue

Simple, homes were not built very air tight until the 60's and 70's. In fact when gas was being widely used for lighting, and even as space heaters as inserts in fake fireplaces (that had no chimney) in the 1890-1920's the home owners still suffered from poisoning but the windows were so loose that there was just enough fresh air seeping in to prevent deaths. Nowadays we have very efficient windows and doors, and the air quality in homes is a bigger problem. Even gas stoves can dump enough carbon monoxide into homes to set off alarms. Bigger homes have an advantage since the CO2 can dissipate, but it can still cause health problems. Smaller homes and apartments that use gas stoves pose a bigger threat to health.

Carbon monoxide poisoning works by the CO2 molecules attaching to red blood cells and prevent oxygen from attaching. Those who die literally suffocate to death. An occassional exposure won't cause long term harm, but continual exposure can affect health, and in children, can cause developmental problems.
People still survived perfectly fine for centuries with common sense precautions.

That's the bottom line.