• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical prophecies and statements. Are they about Jesus Christ or Bahaullah?

Skywalker

Bahaullah didnt write Isaiah. So that's an absurd statement to make.

You said ALmah in the Tanakh/Isaiah means Virgin. Thats wrong. Almah doesnt mean Virgin. Please again respond with something irrelevant. I will be waiting. :)

I wasn't talking about Bahaullah. I was talking about the meaning of the word bethulah. Almah means virgin because it's never used on a non virgin.

Skywalker

Well, if you are talking about the Author of Luke, its not Luke because he doesnt claim to be Luke.

Paul saw the risen Christ and he had nothing to gain from becoming a missionary. He was persecuted. Paul and the other apostles didn't recant their faith in Jesus.

Skywalker

Bahaullah didnt write Isaiah. So that's an absurd statement to make.

You said ALmah in the Tanakh/Isaiah means Virgin. Thats wrong. Almah doesnt mean Virgin. Please again respond with something irrelevant. I will be waiting. :)

Language studies show that that word refers to a widowed or divorced woman.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I wasn't talking about Bahaullah. I was talking about the meaning of the word bethulah. Almah means virgin because it's never used on a non virgin.

stand by the fountain of water; and let it come to pass, that the maiden that cometh forth to draw, to whom I shall say: Give me, I pray thee, a little water say: Give me, I pray thee, a

Thats Genesis 24:43. Its Almah, and its young woman.

she may nurse the child said to her: ‘Go.’ And the maiden went and called the child’s mother.

Thats Exodus 2:8.

Thats from the Tanakh according to the Masoretic text. Almah.
Cheers.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
As you are now aware, Abdul'baha has described this in detail.

An extract,

"........“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and three-score days, clothed in sackcloth.”By these two witnesses are intended Muḥammad the Messenger of God and ‘Alí the son of Abú Ṭálib. In the Qur’án it is said that God addressed Muḥammad, saying, “We made Thee a witness, a herald, and a warner”; that is, We have established Thee as one Who bears witness, Who imparts the glad-tidings of that which is to come, and Who warns of the wrath of God. A “witness” means one by whose affirmation matters are ascertained. The commandments of these two witnesses were to be followed for 1,260 days, each day corresponding to a year. Now, Muḥammad was the root and ‘Alí the branch, like Moses and Joshua. It is said they were “clothed in sackcloth”, meaning that they appeared to wear not a new raiment but an old one. In other words, they would initially appear to be of no consequence in the eyes of other peoples and their Cause would not seem new. For the spiritual principles of the religion of Muḥammad correspond to those of Christ in the Gospel, and His material commandments correspond for the most part to those of the Torah. This is the symbolism of the old raiment....."

Regards Tony
Yes, so the Quran says Muhammad is a witness, how come Ali gets added in? And what does sackcloth have to do with new or old clothes. The Bible has people wear sackcloth when they go into mourning or to repent. And, who knows, the sackcloth might be brand new. And I doubt very much Muhammad and Ali wore sackcloth. And still, they prophecy for 1260 years, then are killed and their bodies lie in the street for 3 1/2 days, or again, 1260 years? So either it's two periods of 1260 years or they prophesied and were dead at the same time for 1260 years. And still, all this happens during the Second Woe, which is supposed to be The Bab. Too many details don't fit. But if that doesn't bother you, no problem. You can do whatever you like to the verses to make them work for you. God knows Christians do the same thing.

Skywalker

stand by the fountain of water; and let it come to pass, that the maiden that cometh forth to draw, to whom I shall say: Give me, I pray thee, a little water say: Give me, I pray thee, a

Thats Genesis 24:43. Its Almah, and its young woman.

she may nurse the child said to her: ‘Go.’ And the maiden went and called the child’s mother.

Thats Exodus 2:8.

Thats from the Tanakh according to the Masoretic text. Almah.
Cheers.

A maiden is a young unmarried woman.

Skywalker

It is true that Jews and Muslims believe that their Prophets, Moses and Muhammad, were only human. They do not believe Moses or Muhammad also had a divine nature, as Baha'is believe about Manifestations of God. It is also true that Jews believe that the Messiah they await will be only human.

The Messiah is described as the Everlasting Father, a refresher to God.