• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Christianity?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry, none of what you say here resonates as true at any level to me. Not sure what it's about.

Are you christian?

It just means the Word of god is christ
The bible is christ's voice
Christians need the bible to hear christ's voice
Therefore, they call the written bible the Word of god

Jos

What Jesus adhered to was the law of Love. He repeatedly chastised the religious who were were legalistic, being more concerned about the letters of the law, rather than the spirit of it. That pretty much defines Jesus' message right there. It's ironic how Christians then make it about "what the Bible says", instead of a more reasonable approach and ask, "how might Jesus think about that", thus forcing them to look at themselves and emulate an ideal of a loving human being, which is the core of Jesus' teaching, rather than making themselves the judge of others by focusing instead on the external words, rather than the internal heart.
Doesn't the Bible say that people need to be convicted of sin through hearing the gospel?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Is there really any such thing, or is this a mythology? I believe it is a created myth in order to bolster an image of authority to a particular set of beliefs and values, typically conservative/fundamentalist in nature. It is a moniker created as a political slogan in order to create a sense of validity and authority to their specific views."It's not my words, but God's!", which is of course a false position for any human to say. Everything read from the Bible, is subjective to personal or group interpretations. Recognizing that fact, begins to open oneself to self-awareness and our particular biases which divide rather than unite.

In reality, there never was such as thing as "Biblical Christianity", especially in the early church. There was no Bible for the early Christians. There was no "official collection" of books that they all agreed upon, and held up as a source of authority for the first couple hundred years. Yet, they were Christians, who did not have a "Bible", let alone "follow" it.

What were they really following then, if it wasn't the Bible? What is Christianity about then, if it's not about "following the Bible"? What is it supposed to be following then, if they Bible is handled in such ways that people hide their prejudices behind what they are reading? Is Christianity founded in the Bible, or something else? What is the reality of Christianity, since "Biblical Christianity" is a created myth?
It's a type of Israel/Judahism. Judahite. It's related or parallel to 'judaism', or modern Judaism, but has some differences, [obviously. The main concepts are prophetically revealed, [[like what is in the Bible, basically, however interpretation changes the ideas of the teachings...

Beliefs can differ, and still be 'christianity', however there is a basis that can be understood from the Bible, both OT, and NT...

///so, in my understanding of what Christianity is, the beliefs are written in the OT, then the NT, as traditional divine revelations...now, I personally use logic, and other methodology, to understand the writing, in the context of what I understand the religious beliefs to be...

So, the writings are in accordance with a basis of belief, and some things can vary, but there are things that really can't vary, like things that make no sense, [[commonly taught things that make no sense, go against the set rules...

So, to me, 'christianity', is a compatible /to my beliefs, religious perspective and theology, that has a written parallel.

Last edited:

JJ50

Are you christian?

It just means the Word of god is christ
The bible is christ's voice
Christians need the bible to hear christ's voice
Therefore, they call the written bible the Word of god

The documents making up that book are human creations, imo. The god featured there is a very human entity with all the worst of human faults characteristics. Jesus is very human with faults and failings like the rest of us. No one, including any god, if one exists, should ever expect to be worshipped.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The documents making up that book are human creations, imo. The god featured there is a very human entity with all the worst of human faults characteristics. Jesus is very human with faults and failings like the rest of us. No one, including any god, if one exists, should ever expect to be worshipped.

The idea is the written bible in and of itself is written by humans. However, god inspired those humans thereby the written bible is the product of humans buts message is not.

There are good christan actions and bad ones. Good ones pay for people's rents, feed the poor, and provide different ways to connect with god beyond siting in the church. On the other hand, the bad actions, of course, is the political parts of the church (not to be confused with spiritual) and its history.

I don't promote the latter, and from my experience, The Church is about the former.

JJ50

The idea is the written bible in and of itself is written by humans. However, god inspired those humans thereby the written bible is the product of humans buts message is not.

There are good christan actions and bad ones. Good ones pay for people's rents, feed the poor, and provide different ways to connect with god beyond siting in the church. On the other hand, the bad actions, of course, is the political parts of the church (not to be confused with spiritual) and its history.

I don't promote the latter, and from my experience, The Church is about the former.

If a god inspired the writing of the Bible it needs to see a psychiatrist, as it is very sick in the head.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
We Baha’is believe Baha’u’llah’s Words to be the Word of God and here is what He states about the Gospels and the Torah.

The Four Gospels were written after Him [Christ]. John, Luke, Mark and Matthew - these four wrote after Christ what they remembered of His utterances.
(From a previously untranslated Tablet)

...the Torah that God hath confirmed consists of the exact words that streamed forth at the bidding of God from the tongue of Him Who conversed with Him (Moses).
(From a previously untranslated Tablet)

The Bahá'ís believe that God's Revelation is under His care and protection and that the essence, or essential elements, of what His Manifestations intended to convey has been recorded and preserved in Their Holy Books. However, as the sayings of the ancient Prophets were written down some time later, we cannot categorically state, as we do in the case of the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh, that the words and phrases attributed to Them are Their exact words
(9 August 1984 to an individual believer)

Jos

It is for anyone, because it is a spiritual pursuit, and spiritual reward, not a religious doctrine.
But you said Jesus didn't exist and that if He did exist He was speaking to the Jews only... so why would you speak of salvation if you don't believe in it yourself?

PureX

Veteran Member
But you said Jesus didn't exist and that if He did exist He was speaking to the Jews only... so why would you speak of salvation if you don't believe in it yourself?
You seem to be working quite hard at not understanding what I'm posting. I wrote that there is no proof that Jesus ever existed. So we are free to believe whatever we want to, about it. I also wrote that I find it reasonable to presume that someone did actually exist at the center of the story that we now have, even though like all such stories of significance, it has likely been embellished to intensify it's significance, and to promote the embellisher's ideological agenda. I also wrote that according to the story, Jesus was a Jew who was almost exclusively talking to other Jews. So that the things he said about adherence to Judaic religious dictum and practice was to them, and for them, not to us, or for us (as non-Jews). Therefor, there is no logical reason for Christians to be adhering to or proselytizing conversion, or compliance with OT proscriptions.

"Biblical Christianity" is logically incoherent, in my opinion.

Last edited: