• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Traslated Correctly

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
YOU didn't make the post which refuted my statement.... YOU just peeped "you're wrong" with nary a single bit of supporting fact.

Maybe you were just being lazy, not rude?

If that's the case, I will gladly post an updated opinion of you.

:)
I honestly don't give two cricket farts what you think.

Especially since you have gone to such great lengths to ignore that which shows you are just plain flat out wrong.

I do, however, find your blatant hypocrisy rather comical.

A

angellous_evangellous

Especially since you have gone to such great lengths to ignore that which shows you are just plain flat out wrong.

I'll see those two cricket farts and raise you a monkey turd.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
And....

YOU didn't make the post which refuted my statement.... YOU just peeped "you're wrong" with nary a single bit of supporting fact.
No, I peeped "you're silly." Your struggle with reading comprehension appears to transcend biblical text.

darkstar

Where did I ever say anything about 100% word of God?

First, I never directly stated that you did say it was 100% word of God.

Secondly these are indeed HUGE issues that were the basis of witch burnings, murder in the name of God and leads to a battle about the teaching of Evolution vs. Creationism in schools based on one word in the Bible. One word out of place could screw up everything.

There's a joke about a priest, going down to the Vatican archives to review the texts. He's down there for days and the other Priests go to check on him. He is crying in a corner holding a scroll. When they ask him what is wrong he looks up and says "it doesn't say celibate.... it says celebrate....."
Obviously this is a joke, but its a good example of how ONE word, even a word that is properly translated but taken out of context due to a changed meaning from when it was written, can have serious and often dire consequences in the present time.

A

angellous_evangellous

Out of curiosity, do you have anything substantive to add?

Who are you talking to, Jay?

I have no intention of offering anything substantive.

(because I can't imagine how this thread would call for anything substantive)

St Giordano Bruno

I am just putting the most familiar verse in the Bible to a Google tanslation experiment

Starting with English:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Then to Latin
Sic enim Deus dilexit mundum, ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum, non pereat, sed habeat vitam æternam.

Then to Greek
Για το Θεό αγάπησε έτσι τον κόσμο ότι έδωσε το μόνο γιο του, ότι όποιος πιστεύει σ 'αυτόν δεν πρέπει να χαθεί αλλά να έχει αιώνια ζωή.

Then to Hebrew
כי ככה אהב האלוהים את העולם שהוא נתן את בנו היחיד, כי כל המאמין בו לא צריך יחיה חיי נצח.

Then to Turkish
Çünkü Tanrı bu yüzden ona kim iman sonsuza dek hayatımın yaşamaması gerektiğini onun biricik oğlunu verdi ki dünya ekledi.

Now finally back to English
Who believes in God, so he should not live forever in my life gave his only Son, that added the world.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I am just putting the most familiar verse in the Bible to a Google tansilation experiment

Starting with English:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Then to Latin
Sic enim Deus dilexit mundum, ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum, non pereat, sed habeat vitam æternam.

Then to Greek
Για το Θεό αγάπησε έτσι τον κόσμο ότι έδωσε το μόνο γιο του, ότι όποιος πιστεύει σ 'αυτόν δεν πρέπει να χαθεί αλλά να έχει αιώνια ζωή.

Then to Hebrew
כי ככה אהב האלוהים את העולם שהוא נתן את בנו היחיד, כי כל המאמין בו לא צריך יחיה חיי נצח.

Then to Turkish
Çünkü Tanrı bu yüzden ona kim iman sonsuza dek hayatımın yaşamaması gerektiğini onun biricik oğlunu verdi ki dünya ekledi.

Now finally back to English
Who believes in God, so he should not live forever in my life gave his only Son, that added the world.

:biglaugh:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I am just putting the most familiar verse in the Bible to a Google tanslation experiment

Starting with English:

Then to Latin

Original Latin was
[16] sic enim dilexit Deus mundum ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum non pereat sed habeat vitam aeternam

And this is the English I got from the Translate.Google

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life

Seems straight-on to me

espo35

Please elaborate on my "hypocrisy".

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Original Latin was
[16] sic enim dilexit Deus mundum ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum non pereat sed habeat vitam aeternam

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life

Seems straight-on to me
It bothers me that that translation was rendered in outdated English. Google is truly disappointing.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
"You seriously need to recheck your "fact" for accuracy and truth."~ Mestemia

In what way does the above sentence reflect what your post said?

So, as a moderator, are you telling me that it is ok to be rude as long as I am "sick" of someone making a valid point which has been made before?

Being rude isn't against the rules, so I, as a moderator, would have nothing against it. As a person, I may disagree heavily with rudeness, but I'm not going to start telling rude people to stop being rude; that would be most hypocritical, and would ultimately accomplish nothing.

As a member (which is how I post on these forums), I can say that if a valid point was made before, and was disregarded before, simply restating it isn't going to change someone's mind. New information, insights, etc. is going to have to accompany it. Otherwise, it's just the same ol' same ol'.

Spirited

Bring about world peace
Original Latin was

Seems straight-on to me

You have to remember that certain phrases in Google Translate are actually added whole. This translation might be exact because the whole thing was added to the database, this would also explain why the incorrect conjugation of believe* was used, because the whole phrase was stored and excerpted out, rather than a word by word translation.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
You have to remember that certain phrases in Google Translate are actually added whole. This translation might be exact because the whole thing was added to the database, this would also explain why the incorrect conjugation of believe* was used, because the whole phrase was stored and excerpted out, rather than a word by word translation.
Well if you know Latin so well, you should PM and teach me some

St Giordano Bruno

On that note I will begin with a more familiar secular phrase starting with English:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Now to Latin.
Vivamus adipiscing orci et pretium canis, in tincidunt

Now to Greek
Δείγμα εικόνας εδώ και η τιμή ενός σκύλου, στην πιο

Now to Hebrew
לדוגמה התמונה כאן ומחיר כלב, רוב

Now I just skipped the Turkish and gone straight back to English:
For example picture here and the price of a dog, most.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
in mense autem sexto missus est angelus Gabrihel a Deo in civitatem Galilaeae cui nomen Nazareth
ad virginem desponsatam viro cui nomen erat Ioseph de domo David et nomen virginis Maria
et ingressus angelus ad eam dixit have gratia plena Dominus tecum benedicta tu in mulieribus

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum.
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est
in ipso vita erat et vita erat lux hominum
:D

The Latin Vulgate. You just brought back memories of when I was an alter boy in the 1940s and 50s.

Now waiting to hear Father Murphy's "Dominus Vobiscum" Which to me always sounded like he was saying "Donuts and Biscuits"