• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible encourages drunkenness

Mr Cheese

Correct.
The Bible is a WEAPON to injure innocent people with all sorts of hurt.
Millions of souls were disturbed by its horrors.
The Bible & cousin Koran will be banned and burned in heaven; I have no doubts!

I agree

a hard back copy of the bible could be dangerous when dropped off a skyscraper

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Then we have Jesus supplying an extra SIX HUNDRED liters of wine to the already intoxicated guests.
If there were 100 of them, here comes six more liters of excellent wine per drinker! John 2.
Mary asked for the extra wine!
She was young, 46, and still very attractive when she danced in weddings [showing her gorgeous legs and firm breasts].
The disciples were amazed [and drunk; for it was in that stupor that they agreed Jesus could only be the Messiah].
The crudest part of this weirdest fable is verse 11:
“This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.”
See?
Promoting alcohol abuse in weddings was Jesus’ way to manifest his glory to lead his disciples to believe!
Nice gospel!…

Is there no end to your twisting the scriptures.....
As for Mary with the type of clothing worn back then wouldn't it have been a little difficult to flaunt her body?
It was the custom to serve wine, why would that promote alcohol abuse?

Pray tell me where it ever stated that Mary, the mother of Jesus danced at weddings? Or that she was 46 and still very attractive?

And please learn how to give the proper location in the Bible when your using it as information to "twist" the scripture.
Not John 2 since there is a I John, II John and III John...get it 2 John or John 2
It should be John 2:1-11 indicating Chapt 2, verses 1-11;)

Archer

Is there no end to your twisting the scriptures.....
As for Mary with the type of clothing worn back then wouldn't it have been a little difficult to flaunt her body?
It was the custom to serve wine, why would that promote alcohol abuse?

Pray tell me where it ever stated that Mary, the mother of Jesus danced at weddings? Or that she was 46 and still very attractive?

And please learn how to give the proper location in the Bible when your using it as information to "twist" the scripture.
Not John 2 since there is a I John, II John and III John...get it 2 John or John 2
It should be John 2:1-11 indicating Chapt 2, verses 1-11;)

:clap

gnomon

Well. Did you know that?
This is a godly recommendation in times of POVERTY, stress, bitterness, terminal illness, and whatever else worries you to death.
It is inspired scripture from God, is it not?
[God looked at the extremely poor, and instead of resolving the social ill, inspired the holy writer to suggest DRUNKENNESS!]

“Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, And wine unto the bitter in soul: Let him drink, and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more.” Proverbs 31:6-7 [ASV].

You're quickly racking up this quarters quota of absurd, useless and pretty much dumbest threads.

Please. Stop. Your mental acuity on Biblical and Historical interpretations are too much.:sarcastic

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
You're quickly racking up this quarters quota of absurd, useless and pretty much dumbest threads.

Please. Stop. Your mental acuity on Biblical and Historical interpretations are too much.:sarcastic
Thank you for what is definitely right on.;)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well. Did you know that?
This is a godly recommendation in times of POVERTY, stress, bitterness, terminal illness, and whatever else worries you to death.
[God looked at the extremely poor, and instead of resolving the social ill, inspired the holy writer to suggest DRUNKENNESS!]

“Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, And wine unto the bitter in soul: Let him drink, and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more.” Proverbs 31:6-7 [ASV].

It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine nor for princes strong drink Lest they drink and forget the law and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts, Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more
Open thy mouth for the mute in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction, Open thy mouth judge righteously and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Seems the writer is suggesting that his son, a future king, should not imbibe in heavy drink. That drunkenness is an affliction of those who despair.
The writer also says that as a good king, his son needs to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves, that he should judge righteously, and help the poor and needy.

Although I do not believe the writings to be inspired by any god, it is not bad advice.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Then we have Jesus supplying an extra SIX HUNDRED liters of wine to the already intoxicated guests.
If there were 100 of them, here comes six more liters of excellent wine per drinker! John 2.
She was young, 46, and still very attractive when she danced in weddings [showing her gorgeous legs and firm breasts].
The disciples were amazed [and drunk; for it was in that stupor that they agreed Jesus could only be the Messiah].
“This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.”
See?
Promoting alcohol abuse in weddings was Jesus’ way to manifest his glory to lead his disciples to believe!
Nice gospel!…

Perhaps you would do well to understand the importance of wine in a culture where there were no water purification plants....:facepalm:

(And what is your infatuation with Mary and her breasts?)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Perhaps you would do well to understand the importance of wine in a culture where there were no water purification plants....:facepalm:

(And what is your infatuation with Mary and her breasts?)

The infatuation thingy was what blew my mind also :eek:
Thank you for pointing that out......the breasts that is...:D

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Well. Did you know that?

Your assignment for tommorow. Open the bible randomly and, blindfolded, point to a passage and give us some more profound Biblical insight.

djewleu

Thanks for reading my story.
Sure, the "Chosen People" deserved a better deity.
Jehovah had the "Holy Land" plagued with the poor and desperate.
Solution?
Simple: Get drunk!
Well, all that, because when the very first poor slave entered that holy land of Israel, Jehovah had no serious plan to eradicate poverty.
Centuries later, Jerusalem was the capital of that "Promised Land Flowing With Milk & Honey" [a terrible blunder and cheat from some Middle East idol (Jehovah!)] and it still was plagued with the same poor whose only recourse was to steal to get strong drink to help them face another day of poverty.
The proverb clearly states that to overcome desperation, poverty or terminal suffering the "Chosen People" had to get hold of STRONG DRINK!
Nice Bible; nice Jehovah!...

Adso

See?
Nice gospel!…

Personally, a guy who comes to a party and makes a bunch of wine sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to hang out with. I mean, I'd prefer Irish whiskey or gin, but it's all good.

I must commend you though, djewleu...It takes quite a bit for me to laugh out loud from reading something, but I have tears in my eyes. You have just joined the ranks of P.G. Wodehouse and John Kennedy Toole.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
:facepalm:
So next are you going to tell us the ancient Jews encouraged getting stoned since the anointment oil had cannabis as a base ingredient?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Me thinks you are rambling again.....;)
YOU are misquoting and misinterpreting the scriptures Kind Sir....:yes:

You are quite the challenge, never know what you'll come up with next...

But we can be sure it'll come with a bunch of exclamation marks. ;)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend dj,

See?
Nice gospel!…

Wow, What a party!
are you complaining that you never got invited for the party?
Still the mind and join the party, LOL!; everyone's invited!

Love & rgds