• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond Torture

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As I walk through the bitter cold, I'm reminded of how the Communists used to take their opponents into the Russian winter naked and dump water on them until they turned into an icicle.

I'm also reminded of how the Japanese used to stick glass tubes in people's urethras and shatter them so that they would urinate broken glass.

People have been skinned alive, eardrums punctured, eyes ripped out of their sockets. People have been boiled alive, dismembered, forced to eat feces, and killed slowly through sleep deprivation and starvation.

In Pagan Rome they used to enjoy taking Christian women out naked and watching them get raped in a colosseum by wild animals and donkeys.

Man's inhumanity to man never ceases to amaze me. What is the worst torture you have ever heard of?

I think it would be cool to die for my faith, but I just hope they put me before a firing squad.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
As I walk through the bitter cold, I'm reminded of how the Communists used to take their opponents into the Russian winter naked and dump water on them until they turned into an icicle.

I'm also reminded of how the Japanese used to stick glass tubes in people's urethras and shatter them so that they would urinate broken glass.

People have been skinned alive, eardrums punctured, eyes ripped out of their sockets. People have been boiled alive, dismembered, forced to eat feces, and killed slowly through sleep deprivation and starvation.

In Pagan Rome they used to enjoy taking Christian women out naked and watching them get raped in a colosseum by wild animals and donkeys.

Man's inhumanity to man never ceases to amaze me. What is the worst torture you have ever heard of?

I think it would be cool to die for my faith, but I just hope they put me before a firing squad.

Unrequited love as far as self torture goes. I don't think it gets any worse than that.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Unrequited love as far as self torture goes. I don't think it gets any worse than that.
Yeah... I've resorted once to stalking some one who rejected me. Now I'm just not ever hopeful of being satisfied with love in this short life... maybe in the next one :)

lostwanderingsoul

It might be cool to die for your faith but maybe it would be cooler to live for it. Get out and do something to help people instead of sitting at a computer all day making up things to complain about.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It might be cool to die for your faith but maybe it would be cooler to live for it. Get out and do something to help people instead of sitting at a computer all day making up things to complain about.
I spent a good deal that time in the ghetto of Buffalo New York at St Lukes Mission of Mercy feeding the hungry and giving clothing to those in need. Without going into detail, I discovered that there's nothing much I can do for people unless God enlightens me

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Being famous, it sounds horrible and getting even just a speck of it hurts so bad. At moments like these I cannot wait but to get my scrotum peeled with a cheese grater.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I spent a good deal that time in the ghetto of Buffalo New York at St Lukes Mission of Mercy feeding the hungry and giving clothing to those in need. Without going into detail, I discovered that there's nothing much I can do for people unless God enlightens me
That was you! You gave me that ratty shirt with holes in it!

PureX

Veteran Member

... All examples of how desperately humans want to see themselves and play at being gods.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I wonder how people can find justification to cause this kind of pain to someone else. What gets so broken in folks to make them want to cause this kind of suffering.

I also wonder if I had been there, would I've done anything to stop it. I liked to think I would have, but somehow this kind of tortured was allowed by people.

ajay0

We have to consciously create and institute a culture of non-violence in human society, and this should be reflected towards animals and other living beings too.

This can perhaps bring about an end to all such diabolical activities gradually.