• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Horror films

Erebus

I'm going to go a bit left field here and give a nomination for Trick R Treat. It's certainly not the best horror film out there, especially when it's held up to some of the classics. It's nowhere near the scariest either (I'd be surprised if a horror aficionado found anything remotely scary about it). It is however probably the most fun horror film I've watched. It's campy and whimsical when it's not being outright comedic. It's one of those films that you just know everybody involved had a riot making. All in all it's a perfect Halloween film. I also think it'd be a good choice if you want to introduce somebody to horror, seeing as it's not too tense or frightening.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I'm going to go a bit left field here and give a nomination for Trick R Treat. It's certainly not the best horror film out there, especially when it's held up to some of the classics. It's nowhere near the scariest either (I'd be surprised if a horror aficionado found anything remotely scary about it). It is however probably the most fun horror film I've watched. It's campy and whimsical when it's not being outright comedic. It's one of those films that you just know everybody involved had a riot making. All in all it's a perfect Halloween film. I also think it'd be a good choice if you want to introduce somebody to horror, seeing as it's not too tense or frightening.
That is one of the best horror movies of late. I love that movie. It perfectly captures the spirit of the season.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
the worst was The Boggeyman i watched it often to mock it

antone a fan of the classic omen series

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
My favorites:

The Return of the Living Dead (best in the series, although the second one is up there, too)
Hellraiser (the second is a classic, too)
A Nightmare on Elms Street
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Shining
Pet Sematary (the second one is actually really good, too)
Night of the Living Dead (the remake; the original never did anything for me)
Dawn of the Dead (and the remake)
Day of the Dead
28 Days Later (and 28 Weeks Later)
The Crazies (remake only; the original is hilariously awful)
Scream
Evil Dead 1-2 (the remake is awesome, too)
Shaun of the Dead
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
Quarantine
Eraserhead
The Descent
Wolf
Interview with the Vampire
Let the Right One In
The Ring
Funny Games
Hostel 1-2
Saw
The Last House on the Left (original and remake)
I Spit on Your Grave (remake; haven't seen the original yet)
Borderlands
Jennifer's Body
The People Under the Stairs
Haute Tension (High Tension)
Man Bites Dog
You're Next
May
Tales From the Hood
Tales From the Darkside
Jacob's Ladder
Silent Hill
The Silence of the Lambs
The Cell
Psycho
8mm
Untraceable

The next ones on my list are so sick that I've never watched them all the way through, which is really saying something (although I probably will when I'm in the appropriate mood):
Men Behind the Sun (the vivisection scene of the little boy is one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen and was very realistic, but everyone who's watched it only seems to get upset over the cat scene, which was obviously fake, for some weird reason)
August Underground series (realistic, simulated snuff films with every type of sick **** you can imagine)
(These films just make me think "dude, wtf is wrong with German people!" :D)
Nekromantik 1-2
Der Todesking

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
"Burnt Offerings" was a strange film about a haunted house that fed off the fears and misery of its occupants.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Ooh, how could I forget Dead Alive!

And Peter Jackson's other great horror flick, the Frighteners! How embarrassing!

Also, the Ghostbusters movies count as horror, so those, too.

Throw in Blair Witch 2 (always liked it better than the first one), Carrie (I like the second one, too; I don't know why it's so hated), Idle Hands, Devil in the Flesh, Rosemary's Baby and the Craft, as well.

Deadly Friend was another good one.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For me, this fits into the horror category.....
th

I love the Russian slang in it.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Some other great classic horror films:

Rosemary's Baby
The Haunting
The Legend of Hell House
The Devil's Rain
Burnt Offerings
The Car
The Hearse
Phantasm
This House Possessed
The Changeling

Deidre

Oohh, Paranormal Activity 5 is out in theaters now, everyone...go run and get your tickets :D

(I might see it later)

Iti oj

Premium Member
creepy suspenseful alien movie every thing that close encounters of the third kind wanted to be

Iti oj

Premium Member
this was fun and fast paced. bit of a mind ****. suspense/mystery/supernatural? enjoyed the story

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Ooh, I also forgot:
In the Mouth of Madness
Prince of Darkness
Re-Animator
The Candyman movies
The Poltergeist films (haven't seen the remake yet, but the first Poltergeist movie is the scariest ghost movie, imo)

And...Hocus Pocus. :D

Last edited: