• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Horror films

LittlePinky82

One I've come to love since I discovered it in the last few yrs is Sleepaway Camp. I think it's so underrated. I also love the classic 80's horror of course. The Omen series, Nightmare on Elm Street series, Friday the 13th series, Rosemary's Baby, Carrie, Psycho, The Birds, Marnie, Hellraiser (only the first three though). And the Scream and Halloween series are guilty pleasures.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
This movie is one of my favorite's too but I lol with the portrayal of the Satanist's. Just gotta keep in mind it's a movie made in an era with all the Catholicism. I always wish they did a sequel.

Rosemary's Baby is an all time classic, Sidney Blackmer did a superb job playing Roman Castevet, and the actress who played Minnie Castevet won an academy award for best supporting actress for her role in the film. :smilecat:

LittlePinky82

Rosemary's Baby is an all time classic, Sidney Blackmer did a superb job playing Roman Castevet, and the actress who played Minnie Castevet won an academy award for best supporting actress for her role in the film. :smilecat:

Yes, they were really good. I enjoyed Mr. Castevet. Mrs was kind of annoying lol but she did great at that. I think it's sweet and great she won.

vaguelyhumanoid

Eraserhead

I watched this when I was 12 years old(!!). Wasn't traumatized either; I loved surrealist art and I read up on the movie before I watched it. David Lynch is one of my favorite directors of all time.

I wanna get into expressionist horror films - Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari etc. Would've been better if I did so in time for Halloween, but I guess it's never too late...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I watched this when I was 12 years old(!!). Wasn't traumatized either; I loved surrealist art and I read up on the movie before I watched it. David Lynch is one of my favorite directors of all time.

I wanna get into expressionist horror films - Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari etc. Would've been better if I did so in time for Halloween, but I guess it's never too late...
It's never too late for Halloween! I just changed my avatar today, for example. :D

I know we're a little beyond Halloween, but I just watched one of my all-time favorite horror/sci-fi movies: John Carpenter's: The Thing.

This scene was always so suspenseful when I was a kid. Still is!