• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Final Fantasy Villian?

Who's the best Final Fantasy villian?

• Garland/Chaos-FFI

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Emperor-FFII

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xande-FFIII

• Golbez/Zeromus-FFIV

• Exdeath-FFV

• Kefka-FFVI

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sephiroth-FFVII

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Sorceress Ultimacea-FFVIII

• Kuja-FFIX

• Seymour-FFX

• Lord Vayne-FFXII

• Total voters

silvermoon383

I was curious what everyone thought-

Who do you think is the best Final Fantasy villian of all time?

For me- Sephiroth hands down!

Zephyr

Moved on
EASILY Garland. I mean, come on, FF1 rocked.

EDIT: Golbez and Kefka were also close choices. I also want to say Xande simply because FF3 is by far my favorite FF game, but as a villian, meh.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I have to go with Sephiroth. He's the most common pick for most people, but I love him none the less.

2nd places goes to Seymour though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I haven't played 12 yet, so I can't judge this Lord Vayne.

But I doubt he compairs to Sepiroth. Garland is right behind him.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Oh my, a videogame-challenged old fart like myself actually knows enough to have an opinion on this one! :cover:

Sephiroth, of course!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Sephiroth, of course; In regard to FFX I actually liked Sin more than Seymour. The thought of an uber-strange monster made out of capri sun destroying the world for a thousand years just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

silvermoon383

I hear ya. It was a debate for me on who to put up in the FFX slot, but since more of the game is dealt w/ fighting Seymour I put him down.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I love Sephiroth, but Kuja will always be my favorite FF villain. How can you compete with a destroy-the-world-motivation like "the world can't live without me!"? :D

I must admit, though, Advent Children had all kinds of awesome on the Sephiroth side.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Sephiroth. And I would be so bold to say that he is one of the best videogame villians ever.

Kefka is a close second.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Out of curiosity, why do you guys think Kefka was such a good villain? To me he didn't seem to have any clear-cut motivation and personality like Sephiroth and Kuja did. They had reasons for being bat-crap insane. Kefka was just... nutty and murdering and psychotic for no apparent reason (that I remember, anyway).

Panda

42?
Premium Member
FF7 was the best one they ever made. Then i would say 10.
12 is ok, totaly different style but I don't think Vayne quite cuts the vilan thing. Sure he murdered two of his brothers in cold blood but still.

Sepharoth is my vote because he was properly evil. It just worked and fitted perfectly, i think FF7 so the best game ever made lol.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Out of curiosity, why do you guys think Kefka was such a good villain? To me he didn't seem to have any clear-cut motivation and personality like Sephiroth and Kuja did. They had reasons for being bat-crap insane. Kefka was just... nutty and murdering and psychotic for no apparent reason (that I remember, anyway).
I would say Kefka was a good villian because like Sephiroth, he was able to stir up your emotions (Poor Cyan :( ). That's just my two cents :p .

silvermoon383

I agree that while all the villians are good, no one can ever hope to touch Sephiroth. You were afraid of the guy before you even saw him, and when I faced off with the guy for the first time the only words going through my mind was "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap..."

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Kefka hands down :D

Jaymes, While he didn't have much of a personality(other than being a crazy murdering psychopath) he did have a clear motivation... supreme power... I think he is a great villian because of his pure unadultered evil... He is just dastardly, everything a villian should be.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Kefka hands down :D

Jaymes, While he didn't have much of a personality(other than being a crazy murdering psychopath) he did have a clear motivation... supreme power... I think he is a great villian because of his pure unadultered evil... He is just dastardly, everything a villian should be.
I just don't understand the appeal of villains with no personality. :D I'll take people that are evil from a psychotic breakdown any day.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
ok, Kuja is on par with Sephiroth, i really can't choose... both have points about their character that i love!

other than that, Kefka was great, simply because he made me laugh so much!

Garland was a great villain in I and his appearances in IX were good.

i'm only half way through XII right now, so when i finish it and have an overall view of Vayne, i'll post about him then.

MisterBible

Religious Satirist
I have to go with Kefka. It might have to do with the fact that I think FF VI is a better game in general. But I don't know, something in me loves villains who are insane. The Joker is another favorite of mine for the same reason.