• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benjamin Netanyahu's statement actually offends me. Am I wromg to be offended?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So again: If Jews are at risk in Israel how come we regularly are targeted outside of Israel?

Now now don't evade the subject.

I am speaking about the risk in the future, the crusaders stayed in Palestine once before, and that wasn't a good choice.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The crusaders are no more. Very few people can even trace their ancestry to any of them. What do you mean to say about what exists now?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So, let's see if I got this right.

Pretty much any attitude that does not go out of its way not to inconvenience or criticize Islam, Muslims or Arabs is far game to be branded "Islamophobic". Never mind whether there are actual terrorists justifying their attitudes by openly quoting the Quran and praising Allah.

And refusing to buy the line that Israel is must exist and present itself as the solution for Jewish People (a line that even many of the Jewish People themselves do not buy, mind you) makes one fair game to be marked as an antisemite.

Are there any people left who actually want peace?

Flankerl

I am speaking about the risk in the future, the crusaders stayed in Palestine once before, and that wasn't a good choice.

Oh noes the crusaders...

y7osnrh5.jpg

Flankerl

And refusing to buy the line that Israel is must exist and present itself as the solution for Jewish People (a line that even many of the Jewish People themselves do not buy, mind you) makes one fair game to be marked as an antisemite.

Ah yeah many of the Jewish People. That line is like the Jewish neighbour everyone conveniently has.

And its always bad sport to whine about being called an antisemite before it actually happened.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ah yeah many of the Jewish People. That line is like the Jewish neighbour everyone conveniently has.

And its always bad sport to whine about being called an antisemite before it actually happened.

Bad sport is the only one left, not by my choice, so it seems we are both stuck.

Pink Top Hat

This is his statement:
"Extremist Islamic terrorism has struck Europe again, this time in Denmark. We send our condolences to the Danish people and to the Jewish community in Denmark. Jews have been murdered again on European soil only because they were Jews and this wave of terrorist attacks – including murderous anti-Semitic attacks – is expected to continue.

Of course, Jews deserve protection in every country but we say to Jews, to our brothers and sisters: Israel is your home. We are preparing and calling for the absorption of mass immigration from Europe. I would like to tell all European Jews and all Jews wherever they are: 'Israel is the home of every Jew.'

Today we will submit to the Cabinet a NIS 180 million plan to encourage the absorption of immigrants from France, Belgium and Ukraine. We will submit additional plans later. To the Jews of Europe and to the Jews of the world I say that Israel is waiting for you with open arms."

What seems to have happened is that a lone gunman (apparently from an arabic background) walked up to a meeting/dedate about freedom of speach and fired a semi automatic weapon at the participants.
He killed one of the participants of the meeting, a film instructor Finn Nørgaard, age 55. And wounded 3 policemen.

He then escaped by stealing a car from a woman, drove for a while, got out and called for a taxi.

After the taxi driver dropped off the shooter the taxi driver called the police. (I can't help thinking about the fact that many of the taxi drivers that drive around and pick up the drunks on saturday are muslim)

Later the shooter started shooting neer a synagogue. He killed a young man Dan Uzan, age 37 standing guard at the door at the Bat mitzva of a young girl. Two policemen were also there and they were both wounded.

Later the police shot and killed the man they assume is the shooter.

So we have one lone lunatic with an arabic background, one danish film instructor, one danish woman, one taxi driver (who when I picture him looks very middle eastern), one danish jew and lots of danish police, and somehow to Benjamin Netanyahu this is an Extremist Islamic terrorist attack on Jews.

I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that Netanyahu grabs this event and tries to use it in support of his own political agenda, and I am not surprised.

I am however offended. Im I wrong to be so?

Edit: Oh! An I forgot that one of the speekers at the debate meeting was Lars Vilks (Swedish guy who made Mohammed cartoons). Again not very jewish as far as I can tell.

Israel’s president Rivlin , said “It’s time to admit honestly that Israeli society is sick.” He went on to suggest that his country’s Jewish citizens have “forgotten how to be decent human beings.”

That from the countries own President tell you everything you need to know.

Now what is needed is the rest of the Israelis to admit they are sick and need treatment just as it's own president has said and that stealing someone land and renaming it piece by piece does not make the thief the rightful owner. Apartheid theft killing is wrong full stop.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Israel did not even exist before the mid 20th century.
Israel existed over 2000 years ago, so the above is incorrect. Regardless of the fact that after that time period the country did not exist, but the people Israel did exist in that region continually through today. It is a region where historically peoples came and went and came and... Well you get the picture.

Pink Top Hat

The crusaders were a mix of Catholics and athiest mercenaries and their leader was the pope. Those crusaders killed each other, the Eastern Orthodox Christians, Muslims and Jews. Some were cannibals, all were marauding and stealing land and possessions far from their European homes. They murdered the Christians in Constantinople and murdered their way to the Holy Land and back. They trace their ancestry back to the Popes, the Kings and Queens of Europe, the barons and landowners and lords and ladies princes and princesses of Catholic Europe. It would be quite easy to trace back their ancestors .

metis

If some Jewish families want to move to Israel for whatever reason, what's the problem? I don't tell anyone here where they supposedly should live, and I don't see any other Jews here doing this either, so why is it that some here feel so free to tell us where we should live?

Pink Top Hat

Israel existed over 2000 years ago, so the above is incorrect. Regardless of the fact that after that time period the country did not exist, but the people Israel did exist in that region continually through today. It is a region where historically peoples came and went and came and... Well you get the picture.

Israel did not exist 2000 years ago. Israel was not a land. Israel was a mans name. Yacoub his original name.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The crusaders were a mix of Catholics and athiest mercenaries and their leader was the pope. Those crusaders killed each other, the Eastern Orthodox Christians, Muslims and Jews. Some were cannibals, all were marauding and stealing land and possessions far from their European homes. They murdered the Christians in Constantinople and murdered their way to the Holy Land and back. They trace their ancestry back to the Popes, the Kings and Queens of Europe, the barons and landowners and lords and ladies princes and princesses of Catholic Europe. It would be quite easy to trace back their ancestors .

I don't mean that the crusaders were Jews, of course not, but what i mean that stealing lands isn't a good choice as the risk is high and the end will be Terrible for the invaders.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

If Israel existed before 2000 years then that is a good reason for any Jew to get a land in Palestine, is that a new international law.

Why a french born citizen needs to move to Israel just because he's a Jew, he and his ancestors lived for hundreds of years in Europe then why to move to Palestine, only because Judaism existed in Palestine and in fact Judaism existed in Egypt with the message of Moses and not in Palestine.

metis

If Israel existed before 2000 years then that is a good reason for any Jew to get a land in Palestine, is that a new international law.

Why a french born citizen needs to move to Israel just because he's a Jew, he and his ancestors lived for hundreds of years in Europe then why to move to Palestine, only because Judaism existed in Palestine and in fact Judaism existed in Egypt with the message of Moses and not in Palestine.
I do believe that's up to the people who may want to emigrate or may not. It's not my role for me to tell others where they supposedly must or should live.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I do believe that's up to the people who may want to emigrate or may not. It's not my role for me to tell others where they supposedly must or should live.

No it isn't up to the people, let Palestinians then choose to immigrate to Britain, if by choice.