• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief or truth?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would belief be stronger than truth?
Truth is everlasting and transcendental.
Belief is fickle and dies with you.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
... I don't know for sure. For some people, belief is more important even in the face of evidence. For others, truth is paramount.

I'd like to say truth, so I'm going to say "mainly truth".

Treks

I'm going with belief. People will continue to believe the strangest things even in the face of cold, hard facts.

The truth remains the same though no matter what anyone believes.

Can you expand on your question please? Stronger in what way?

chinu

chinu
I think belief is stronger then truth what do you think?
Belief is that which comes out from an imaginary truth, and an imaginary truth is that which comes out from our intelligence/brain, and our intelligence is the mixture result which is calculated after our good and bad actions (deeds,karma) done till now, Thus.. it can never be stronger than truth, or in other words they are very far from truth.

But.. you all might be thinking, that all that i have written above is also that which came out from an intelligence (Chinu's intelliegence), Am i right ? :D

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
i agree with the OP, I've found that people prefer their beliefs over truth... and often are willing to ignore the truth in favor of their beliefs

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Belief because, even if someone wanted truth, what is it? How do you find it?

I haven't found what the truth is. I can't find it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Truth is most powerful. Belief runs the world. So truth is most powerful in Heaven. Belief is most powerful in Earth. Some people try to put them together. I think I shall not say what I think about that.

Great question btw.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Belief and truth shouldn't be treated as completely separate, though. On the contrary, belief must be calibrated with observable or testable truth as often as possible.

Reverend Richard

New Thought Minister
I think belief is stronger then truth what do you think?

Given the original question, it seems you are contrasting belief with truth and finding that belief and truth are different in some way. In what way are those two things different?

It would seem to me that there are times when belief and truth intersect, and there are other times when belief and truth diverge (at least in the eyes of some).

As someone else has already pointed out, some people will continue to hold on to a belief, even in the face of facts which would seem to contradict that belief.