• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief in Abrahamic Religion

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Being that law of Reciprocity is Just a belief, I would guess that belief is more important by default.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It depends on the religion. Christianity is about trying to be like Christ in certain ways. The Baha'i faith to me seems about being accepting of all religions and trying to realize that many of them contain truth. Etc.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Being that law of Reciprocity is Just a belief, I would guess that belief is more important by default.
not just a belief, its an action that has been shown to work.

so no, you misunderstand. a belief is not a truth unless it can be realized.

people go to prison sometimes because people believe the prisoner committed a crime; when in fact they didn't.

How Many Innocent People are in Prison? - Innocence Project

people commit all kinds of wrongs based on belief. some more egregious than others.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Going with Christianity...

The way I interpret it is Jesus would rather us give to the needy / unfortunate than those nice to us.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
not just a belief, its an action that has been shown to work.

so no, you misunderstand. a belief is not a truth unless it can be realized.

people go to prison sometimes because people believe the prisoner committed a crime; when in fact they didn't.

How Many Innocent People are in Prison? - Innocence Project

people commit all kinds of wrongs based on belief. some more egregious than others.

It is a belief and has no factual basis and as to all the crimes and wrongs committed by beliefs there are just as many goods and rights done because of belief. In fact because humanity keeps growing and progressing the balance has to be more rights done then wrongs. If the wrongs were more humanity as a whole would be collapsing.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is a belief and has no factual basis and as to all the crimes and wrongs committed by beliefs there are just as many goods and rights done because of belief. In fact because humanity keeps growing and progressing the balance has to be more rights done then wrongs. If the wrongs were more humanity as a whole would be collapsing.
no love actually has been shown to work without belief being necessary. it's intuitive, a part of nature.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
no love actually has been shown to work without belief being necessary. it's intuitive, a part of nature.

What is your definition of love? Why would you think I would link love to anything I said.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What is your definition of love? Why would you think I would link love to anything I said.
because belief is useless without question and the law of reciprocity, or golden rules, is linked to compassion and respect for everyone as self.

i never stated you linked to anything to love

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
because belief is useless without question and the law of reciprocity, or golden rules, is linked to compassion and respect for everyone as self.

i never stated you linked to anything to love

Your beliefs are not mine.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Matthew 11:30, but I don't think it works. It's closer to snake-oil.
the yoke is love; which brings light.

mencius : friendship(love) is two bodies being of one mind.

matthew 13:15

with love comes light, comes understanding. the awe of love is the beginning of light, understanding.

love said, "Let there be light".

And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness.

MNoBody

the yoke is love; which brings light.

mencius : friendship(love) is two bodies being of one mind.

matthew 13:15

with love comes light, comes understanding. the awe of love is the beginning of light, understanding.

love said, "Let there be light".

And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness.
the yoke is the noose [nous] is the ankh, the sign of the tie that binds in love ideally.

MNoBody

amulet_med.jpeg