• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barefeet walking and sleeping on the floor (thin mattress)

Heyo

Veteran Member
It's when I travel.
Another week long expedition begins in a couple weeks.
Mrs Revolt & I never fight.
I just admit I'm wrong, whatever the issue is.
I never contradict women - that's why I'm single.

"Do I look fat in this dress?" - "Yes, honey."
"Do you think I'm a complete idiot?" - "Yes, honey."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Just dont say to your honey "Have you looked at your self in the mirror lately" :confused: that can go horrible wrong, especially if your lady have PMS :oops:

Heyo

Veteran Member
This year is maybe the biggest change of lifestyle i am going through. And two things i have started doing on a regular basis is to sleep on the floor with only a very thin mattress under my body, the second is to now regularly walk barefeet as much as possible (i do carry sandals just in case)

The biggest benetfit i notice has been no more back pain and even my mood has become very good all the time, less stress and worries happen too.

What are your thoughts of floor sleeping and barefeet walking?
I have a futon that is pretty firm and I have slept on the floor in hotels because the bed was too soft.
I walk barefoot since nearly 20 years with no problems. You may want to use shoes in the first winters. It takes time to adapt. You may also want to change your style of walking. Europeans almost always walk on their heels. You've got to learn to walk on the ball of the foot as is taught in Tai Chi and some Eastern martial arts.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have a futon that is pretty firm and I have slept on the floor in hotels because the bed was too soft.
I walk barefoot since nearly 20 years with no problems. You may want to use shoes in the first winters. It takes time to adapt. You may also want to change your style of walking. Europeans almost always walk on their heels. You've got to learn to walk on the ball of the foot as is taught in Tai Chi and some Eastern martial arts.
Thank you for very good advice @Heyo :)
Yes i noticed my feet placement on the ground changed as soon i took off my shoes. actually it feels more natural to go on the ball of the foot, i do also slow down and walk with shorter steps

Heyo

Veteran Member
Thank you for very good advice @Heyo :)
Yes i noticed my feet placement on the ground changed as soon i took off my shoes. actually it feels more natural to go on the ball of the foot, i do also slow down and walk with shorter steps
Try to be conscious about it. Even after almost 20 years I fall back on walking on the heels when I'm tired and unconcentrated. Which is bad on the spine. When walking on the heel and with a stretched knee, the impact goes right through your body. When you walk on the ball of the foot or walk with bent knees, the muscles working the joints take the impact like a spring.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This year is maybe the biggest change of lifestyle i am going through. And two things i have started doing on a regular basis is to sleep on the floor with only a very thin mattress under my body, the second is to now regularly walk barefeet as much as possible (i do carry sandals just in case)

The biggest benetfit i notice has been no more back pain and even my mood has become very good all the time, less stress and worries happen too.

What are your thoughts of floor sleeping and barefeet walking?
I don't walk barefoot, although it feels pretty good outdoors. Thistles, sharpies, and stinging bugs being exceptions.

I sleep regularly on a floor myself, and it's something I don't really mind. No bulky bed or funky mattress either. :0]

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Women never ask questions because they want to know your
honest answer. They already have the desired answer in mind.
It's your job to know it, & say it.
If you can't cope with that, there are options....
- Pretend you didn't hear.
- Pretend you're choking.
- Bleed profusely from something.