• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barefeet walking and sleeping on the floor (thin mattress)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This year is maybe the biggest change of lifestyle i am going through. And two things i have started doing on a regular basis is to sleep on the floor with only a very thin mattress under my body, the second is to now regularly walk barefeet as much as possible (i do carry sandals just in case)

The biggest benetfit i notice has been no more back pain and even my mood has become very good all the time, less stress and worries happen too.

What are your thoughts of floor sleeping and barefeet walking?

I occasionally sleep on the floor. Rather than a mattress, I generally just put a doona beneath me.
It helps my back...as I get older it can be a little tougher on some other joints, notably my shoulder.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess it will be different from person to person.
If i sleep on soft mattress i have a lot of pain the next day. So personally harder surface work for my sleeping habbits.

I have tried sleeping in hamock before too, it did strech my body well, but was not a long term solution for me.
I regularly sleep on a storage shelf in Mr Van.
Had to replace a 4" thick foam mattress with a 6" thick one.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's when I travel.
Another week long expedition begins in a couple weeks.
Mrs Revolt & I never fight.
I just admit I'm wrong, whatever the issue is.

Well trained i see

tenor.gif

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As long the person do pay attention it is no problem :)
And if i was to step in dog poop i would just clean my feet
The point is that you might want to regularly clean your feet when you go indoors. If a person wears shoes he can remove them when he enters a house. It is pretty hard to take your feet off.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The point is that you might want to regularly clean your feet when you go indoors. If a person wears shoes he can remove them when he enters a house. It is pretty hard to take your feet off.
I do clean every floor in my appartment every second day anyway, so not much to think about. And dirt from ground is not unhealthy for the most part, (not in Norway anyway).

but yes living a conscious life does slow things down a lot. being aware of everything around me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, one benefit will be no Athlete's Foot. That foot fungus survives in the warm moist dark environment created by shoes. I used to work out at karate almost every day. No one had athlete's foot and we all walked on the same floor unshod.

We Never Know

No Slack
This year is maybe the biggest change of lifestyle i am going through. And two things i have started doing on a regular basis is to sleep on the floor with only a very thin mattress under my body, the second is to now regularly walk barefeet as much as possible (i do carry sandals just in case)

The biggest benetfit i notice has been no more back pain and even my mood has become very good all the time, less stress and worries happen too.

What are your thoughts of floor sleeping and barefeet walking?
Its worse than being barefoot and stepping on a lego lol

IMG_20210530_094222.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A morning wake up call, usually left by the side of the bed, not sure if still warm or cold wakes me up quicker
Cold, definitely cold. And that is a good thing. When I step in that I want to know right now. Warm and your first reaction may be "ooh, that feels nic . . ."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Cold, definitely cold. And that is a good thing. When I step in that I want to know right now. Warm and your first reaction may be "ooh, that feels nic . . ."

Not nice with that warm squidgy euk squeezing between your toes.