• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbenheimer-Hype: American culture on display

Barbenheimer-Hype

• exciting

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • underwhelming

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • depressing

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
As with most other movies, I'll wait for them to show up on Amazon prime for free and then watch them when I don't have anything better to do.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I went to see Oppenheimer on Saturday but they wouldn’t sell us tickets because I accidentally wore a pink shirt. Let that be a lesson to you guys, check dress codes.

Not massively fussed myself, but A versus B for entertainment purposes goes back to time immemorial. Gladiators or charioteers or olympians or whatever.

Some you care about, others you don’t. Don’t really see a reason to be depressed about it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think I know enough about Oppenheimer and the Bomb so as not to be that interested and I'm too old to be interested in dolls or any feminist aspect using such to target us poor males. Aqua said it so much better probably too. :eek:

It seems some parents are unaware of what the Barbie movie is about and are outraged. :imp: :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'd really like to see "Oppenheimer" as I've read so much about him over the years, but my sciatica keeps me from sitting for 3 hours. Back in the early 60's I read Truman's memoirs, especially focusing on his decision to have the atomic bombs dropped, and I was appalled!