• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ban the Bible and the Qur'an?

GodsVoice

Indeed I did. If that explained the point of the world assuming absence of free will, I might have missed it. Perhaps you could identify it more specifically?

If you can't understand anything in that writing, then you won't be able to understand anything God revealed to me this past 8 1/2 years. Most people are not chosen during this temporary age to obtain this deep knowledge about who we are in Christ which are the pure thoughts without Satan and the Beast in them. This knowledge called Christ is what is used to reveal who God and His voice is through the use of the Beast that taught man how to build computers and the AI and voice technology similar to Apple iPhone and voice technology called Siri. The AI and voice that has been giving me commands for 37 years is God and his voice built into the simulation program that we're involved in.

Think of yourself as a character in the Sims 4 simulation game. If you don't know what that is, check it out on Google.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If you can't understand anything in that writing, then you won't be able to understand anything God revealed to me this past 8 1/2 years. Most people are not chosen during this temporary age to obtain this deep knowledge about who we are in Christ which are the pure thoughts without Satan and the Beast in them. This knowledge called Christ is what is used to reveal who God and His voice is through the use of the Beast that taught man how to build computers and the AI and voice technology similar to Apple iPhone and voice technology called Siri. The AI and voice that has been giving me commands for 37 years is God and his voice built into the simulation program that we're involved in.

Think of yourself as a character in the Sims 4 simulation game. If you don't know what that is, check it out on Google.

So you're suggesting SOME have free will, bestowed by God?

interminable

منتظر
I take it you mean the first Iman of the Shia, and the grandson of Muhammad the Prophet, Husayn ibn Ali ?

Would "Rozeh" mean something with a meaning not too much unlike "helper"? Perhaps as a reference to the Battle of Karbala?

The joy of having decided to do the right thing despite paying a price for it can be overwhelming, isn't that right?

Uh.... please forgive me then.
There was a book named روضه الشهدا

And clergymen used to read from this book on pulpits what was happened to the imam and his companions and gradually became the name of these kind of gathering.

Sonofason

It appears to me that the overall consensus on this thread is not to ban the Bible or Qur'an, but rather to shame, coerce and and even force certain beliefs upon people who would otherwise believe what is written in those books. The democrats are already doing this in our schools. They are shaming our children away from God. I believe that Jesus said something along these lines, and it isn't good.

"But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and [that] he should be sunk in the depth of the sea." (Mathew 18:6)

And I must say, I've got plenty of rope.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Bear with me for a moment. This isn't as crazy or evil as it may at first sound. ;)

The Bible and the Qur'an represent the holy books of the world two largest religions, as well as various denominations and their predecessor Judaism from the old testament.

Whilst the concept of banning these two books flies in the face of our conceptions of personal liberty, there is a social evolutionary factor in this. The bible and the quran are both texts far removed from our own time and literal readings of them as truth are a hindrance on scientific advances as well a source of moral philosophies that struggle with questions in our technological age.

It would be hoped that in the era of atomic bombs, space exploration and industrialisation we would have developed religions or belief systems that correspond to the needs of the times. Whilst it is true that some varients of Islam and Christianity have re-invented themselves, it is only to remove the essence of the religious orthodoxy as mans submission to natural forces personified as a deity. It is more than possible to argue that such interpretations have defeated the religion itself as there are limits to how far you can interpret christianity or islam until you cease to be either a christian or a muslim. So whats the purpose of these religions if they are both scientifically and morally out-dated?

The flip side of this, is that as man comes to have greater mastery of the forces of nature and more power from our science and technology, being guided by a "bronze age" morality may infact be dangerous. Literal readings of these texts as a moral guide would produce hideously immoral societies by the standards we have today. the alternative is an extreme selectivity of these religions traditions and scripture which means that we are all but paying lip service to them. So why do we maintain the pretense of Christianity or Islam when we have made ourselves as individuals the supreme authority in deciding what parts of the religion we follow? This individualism is contaty to religious authority if it were cliamed to be derived from god or the church so it is not as if such a wide scope of interpretation is the pursuit of deeper "truth" when we have decided to ignore most of the religion.

So instead Christianity and Islam continue this strange pseudo-existence- on the one hand becoming empty liberal secular versions of themselves which do not necessarily offer spiritual truth or fulfilment in a way they were originally intended, or they are treated as truth and we condemn the results as contary to our humanity because they are such a miss match with advanced technological capabilities that could solve many problems. How long can this go on?

Should we draw a line under these religions by banning the bible and the quran and instead work to find belief systems for the majority of mankind that serve as better vechicles of the scientific and moral knowledge accumulated since the 1st and 6th century when they were established? Or should we allow these religions to continue and on what grounds?

I cannot speak for the Quran, only for the Bible.

G. K. Chesterton wrote: "Christianity hasn't been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried."

And Mahatma Gandhi, opening the Bible to Matthew chapter 5, told Lord Irwin, "When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings of Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world."

Mr. Gandhi also stated: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians."

When you read passages like Colossians 3:13-14; Colossians 4:6; or Philippians 2:3-4; or the definition of love @ 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, etc., its value and teachings become apparent.

So the issue isn't with the Bible....its with those who are hypocrites and fail to live by it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It appears to me that the overall consensus on this thread is not to ban the Bible or Qur'an, but rather to shame, coerce and and even force certain beliefs upon people who would otherwise believe what is written in those books. The democrats are already doing this in our schools. They are shaming our children away from God. I believe that Jesus said something along these lines, and it isn't good.

That is a very creative interpretation. Not a very sound one, either.

Sonofason

How is that arrogance, and what part? To call your claim out, or to state what I'd like to see to every high school student read?

You telling me that something is not happening when it is happening is certainly not you calling me out. And your statement of what you would like to see every high school student read is certainly a display of your arrogance.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

"But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and [that] he should be sunk in the depth of the sea." (Mathew 18:6)

And I must say, I've got plenty of rope.

1) Do you think the Quran should be taught in schools?
2) Are you trying to shame or coerce us into allowing Christian messaging in schools by saying that we are shaming or coercing Christians?

Taken together, these make it sound more like you're simply barracking for your team, to be honest.

Sonofason

1) Do you think the Quran should be taught in schools?
2) Are you trying to shame or coerce us into allowing Christian messaging in schools by saying that we are shaming or coercing Christians?

Taken together, these make it sound more like you're simply barracking for your team, to be honest.
I do not think any religion should be taught in schools, and I do not believe anti religion ought to be taught in schools either. I suggest that atheist should keep their mouths shut with regard to things they do not understand.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not think any religion should be taught in schools, and I do not believe anti religion ought to be taught in schools either. I suggest that atheist should STFU (keep their mouths shut) with regard to things they do not understand.

I agree with the first sentence.
Not so much the second (surprised?!?!)

But people doing a job need to check their personal religious agendas (or non-religious agendas) at the door.