• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ban Gas Stoves? More enviro-nonesense on the way. Now at State level because of Federal level outcry

We Never Know

No Slack
How would you know? Do you have accurate carbon monoxide meters that display how much CO is in the air? If you do not then you have no way of telling how much gets vented out.

And as to those gas heaters, they do tend to be needed to be used in well ventilated rooms. The heaters themselves have to be well maintained:

Are Vent Free Natural Gas Heaters Safe?

There are a lot of potential problems with those and I do agree that if one bans new gas stoves, those would need to be banned as well.

If it takes away the smell of onions and vinager, I think that shows it work quite well

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If it takes away the smell of onions and vinager, I think that shows it work quite well
Or your nose may be just getting used to those odors. That is far from a scientific test. Think about it. The carbon monoxide does not know where it is supposed to go. It will mix freely with the surrounding air. A good percentage of it will go up the hood, but some will not. And what about houses that have a gas range and no ventilation hood?

By the way, have you ever come home and said "Mmm, that sure smells good!"?

We Never Know

No Slack
Or your nose may be just getting used to those odors. That is far from a scientific test. Think about it. The carbon monoxide does not know where it is supposed to go. It will mix freely with the surrounding air. A good percentage of it will go up the hood, but some will not. And what about houses that have a gas range and no ventilation hood?

By the way, have you ever come home and said "Mmm, that sure smells good!"?

Thats it. It just be my nose lol.

Think about it. The food odors don't know where they are supposed to go either.

When its on the stove, still hot after cooking, with the vent hood off, yes then I can walk in and say that sure smells good.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thats it. It just be my nose lol.

Think about it. The food odors don't know where they are supposed to go either.

When its on the stove, still hot after cooking, with the vent hood off, yes then I can walk in and say that sure smells good.

Are you trying to not understand? Sometimes when you know that you are wrong you do tend to do that. No, I was obviously talking about when it is still cooking. Have you never come home to your wife cooking and been able to smell it?

We Never Know

No Slack
Are you trying to not understand? Sometimes when you know that you are wrong you do tend to do that. No, I was obviously talking about when it is still cooking. Have you never come home to your wife cooking and been able to smell it?

Can you not read? When the vent over the stove is on its pulls out enough that unless you are over the stove you can't smell it across the room.

But let me guess... You know my house better than me

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack

And this is why I don't like replying to you.
You are the best prime example of an ultracrepidarian I have ever came across in my life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can you not read? When the vent over the stove is on its pulls out enough that unless you are over the stove you can smell it across the room.

But let me guess... You know my house better than me
I simply have my doubts about that claim. But it may be true for you. By the way, you probably meant "can't smell it across the room". But you keep ignoring the fact that not everyone has an interior vent nor can they easily be added. The solution is to ban new stoves. That is all. You will not be affected.

By the way, is there any reason that you are set on gas?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And this is why I don't like replying to you.
You are the best prime example of an ultracrepidarian I have ever came across in my life.
Please, no false accusations. You do have a serious problem some days. You don't like replying to me because I am on to your tactics. That is all. I have seen others notice it as well. The longer that you are here the more people will observe that you sometimes act rather obstinately wrong.

There is a solution. Do not try to go out of your way to misunderstand posts.

We Never Know

No Slack
I simply have my doubts about that claim. But it may be true for you. By the way, you probably meant "can't smell it across the room". But you keep ignoring the fact that not everyone has an interior vent nor can they easily be added. The solution is to ban new stoves. That is all. You will not be affected.

By the way, is there any reason that you are set on gas?

"By the way, is there any reason that you are set on gas"

Propane, which I use, is the greenest energy of all fossil fuels. Even when used in vehicles.

We Never Know

No Slack
Please, no false accusations. You do have a serious problem some days. You don't like replying to me because I am on to your tactics. That is all. I have seen others notice it as well. The longer that you are here the more people will observe that you sometimes act rather obstinately wrong.

There is a solution. Do not try to go out of your way to misunderstand posts.

If I believe this..."You are the best prime example of an ultracrepidarian I have ever came across in my life" How is it false? You saying its false doesn't make it false.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"By the way, is there any reason that you are set on gas"

Propane, which I use, is the greenest energy of all fossil fuels. Even when used in vehicles.
Probably true. And for your lifetime it will probably always be available. And actually no. It depends upon how one measures energy density. Methane has the highest energy per mas. And octane may have a higher energy density per volume. I will have to check on that one:

chemical_energy_content_fuels.png

Energy Density of some Combustibles (in MJ/kg) | The Geography of Transport Systems.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If I believe this..."You are the best prime example of an ultracrepidarian I have ever came across in my life" How is it false? You saying its false doesn't make it false.
Okay, then you are just wrong. Have it your way. You can believe that the Earth is Flat too. It is no skin off of my nose.

We Never Know

No Slack
Probably true. And for your lifetime it will probably always be available. And actually no. It depends upon how one measures energy density. Methane has the highest energy per mas. And octane may have a higher energy density per volume. I will have to check on that one:

chemical_energy_content_fuels.png

Energy Density of some Combustibles (in MJ/kg) | The Geography of Transport Systems.

See post #46
  1. Propane delivery is safer – Propane can easily be compressed for safe transport, where it is handled by highly trained technicians using equipment and procedures that are heavily regulated by authorities at federal, state, and local levels. Natural gas, on the other hand, is difficult to compress, which means it must be delivered via pipeline. If there are no pipelines near your home, you can’t use natural gas; if there are pipelines near your home, you run the risk of a potentially disastrous pipeline failure.
  2. Propane is more flexible to use – In most cases, a propane line can enter the home wherever you want it to, as long as there’s a tank nearby (while there are some requirements for distance from the home for a propane tank, they are not overly restrictive). This may not be true with a natural gas line.
  3. Propane produces more energy – Propane contains double the amount of usable energy content per cubic foot as natural gas – about 2,490 BTUs versus 1,030.
  4. Propane burns cleaner – While both fuels are considered to be “clean,” natural gas is a fossil fuel that releases methane when burned; propane combustion produces almost no greenhouse gas.
  5. As a fuel, propane is also safer – Propane has a much narrower range of flammability (minimum and maximum burn temperatures) than natural gas; propane will not ignite when combined with air unless the ignition source reaches at least 920 degrees F.

Four Reasons to Consider Propane over Natural Gas? | Ace Robbins.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
See post #46
  1. Propane delivery is safer – Propane can easily be compressed for safe transport, where it is handled by highly trained technicians using equipment and procedures that are heavily regulated by authorities at federal, state, and local levels. Natural gas, on the other hand, is difficult to compress, which means it must be delivered via pipeline. If there are no pipelines near your home, you can’t use natural gas; if there are pipelines near your home, you run the risk of a potentially disastrous pipeline failure.
  2. Propane is more flexible to use – In most cases, a propane line can enter the home wherever you want it to, as long as there’s a tank nearby (while there are some requirements for distance from the home for a propane tank, they are not overly restrictive). This may not be true with a natural gas line.
  3. Propane produces more energy – Propane contains double the amount of usable energy content per cubic foot as natural gas – about 2,490 BTUs versus 1,030.
  4. Propane burns cleaner – While both fuels are considered to be “clean,” natural gas is a fossil fuel that releases methane when burned; propane combustion produces almost no greenhouse gas.
  5. As a fuel, propane is also safer – Propane has a much narrower range of flammability (minimum and maximum burn temperatures) than natural gas; propane will not ignite when combined with air unless the ignition source reaches at least 920 degrees F.

Four Reasons to Consider Propane over Natural Gas? | Ace Robbins.
Now you are changing your argument. I was not arguing against propane. I was merely correcting some of your errors about it. Why not just own up to the small error that you made?

I am not disputing all of your claims about propane. It appears to be a useful fuel, for while we still need it. But I do not think that it would be economical on a wide spread usage. If everyone used it then excessive refining might be needed to make it and that would raise the price. As a byproduct it is an excellent fuel. But changing everyone over to propane would be counterproductive. If it works for you that is a good thing. But if too many people got turned on to it you would find that one of its number one merits, a relatively low price, would disappear.

We Never Know

No Slack
Now you are changing your argument. I was not arguing against propane. I was merely correcting some of your errors about it. Why not just own up to the small error that you made?

I am not disputing all of your claims about propane. It appears to be a useful fuel, for while we still need it. But I do not think that it would be economical on a wide spread usage. If everyone used it then excessive refining might be needed to make it and that would raise the price. As a byproduct it is an excellent fuel. But changing everyone over to propane would be counterproductive. If it works for you that is a good thing. But if too many people got turned on to it you would find that one of its number one merits, a relatively low price, would disappear.

As I said..."Propane, which I use, is the greenest energy of all fossil fuels. Even when used in vehicles."

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Hochul quietly sneaks in proposal to ban sale of gas stoves, fuels outrage in NY

(link in headline, excerpt below)

Unfortunately this could really happen. Both houses of New York's legislature are under overwhelming Democratic control. It could got through like greased lightening. The problem is that the voters are apathetic wusses. Oh, they'll shriek like a banshee when this hits, and it will be too late to do anything. This is the same with the initial Covid lockdowns, the start of mandatory recycling, and the coming ban on internal combustion vehicles.
Okay.

And the problem with this is...?