• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore bridge collapse - mass casualties

F1fan

Veteran Member

PureX

Veteran Member
Let’s not forget that insurance companies are very good at making money, which means when they make big payouts it’s followed by increased premiums. Here is where the real trickle down economics happen.
Lots of lawyers are gonna get rich off this, that's for sure. And in the end, it'll be the public will pay for it all, as they always do.

Clizby Wampuscat

Could be an “act of God” malfunction that is covered by insurance.

Of course there will be pushback on why there wasn’t better protection for the piers given the many ships that pass by it.
I am sure there will be all sorts of litigation. That would be a losing defense in my opinion.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why does the source matter,
Low quality sources are junk and can't be trusted. There are reputable sources available, yet you don't seem to use them.

I am sure there will be all sorts of litigation. That would be a losing defense in my opinion.
What, that there was some problem that caused the engine to fail? That is what insurance is for, covering "act of God" events.

Clizby Wampuscat

Low quality sources are junk and can't be trusted. There are reputable sources available, yet you don't seem to use them.

What, that there was some problem that caused the engine to fail? That is what insurance is for, covering "act of God" events.
So they made up a quote? I know you think MSNBC is reliable so:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I must confess that, after that bridge collapse of I-35 in Minnesota several years ago, I have developed a somewhat irrational fear of crossing bridges. The clinical term for it is "Gephyrophobia," a fear of bridges and tunnels, although I don't seem to have a problem with tunnels.
Given the state of bridges in America I would say a degree of fear is reasonable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let’s not forget that insurance companies are very good at making money, which means when they make big payouts it’s followed by increased premiums. Here is where the real trickle down economics happen.
Accidents are data.
Rates are based upon the cost of risks.
These costs are based upon data.
This is good.
Insurance rates encourage behavior
to lower one's risks.

libre

Skylark
It is very horrifying when we are forced to recognize that we can make no mistakes and still lose.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So they made up a quote? I know you think MSNBC is reliable so:

You cited a poor quality source. You've done it before. That tarnishes your reputation. If you don't want to be taken seriously keep it up.

To correct the headline, Biden said the government WILL pay for the bridge. Even republicans should agree how that bridge being removed is crucial to the economy.

Clizby Wampuscat

You cited a poor quality source. You've done it before. That tarnishes your reputation. If you don't want to be taken seriously keep it up.

To correct the headline, Biden said the government WILL pay for the bridge. Even republicans should agree how that bridge being removed is crucial to the economy.
I never said we should not pay for it to get it constructed. I was making the comment that he never said we will go after other people to reimburse us. Dismissing a claim due to its source is a logical fallacy. It was a correct quote.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I never said we should not pay for it to get it constructed.
I didn't say you did, the headline did, yet it didn't match Biden's actual comments.
I was making the comment that he never said we will go after other people to reimburse us.
I'm sure any insurance will be applied to the costs of the work.
Dismissing a claim due to its source is a logical fallacy. It was a correct quote.
I dismissed your source as unreliable. I don't care if it gets things right sometimes, the source is bad, and you have reliable sources available.