• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bahrain and Libya

croak

Trickster
Two killed in Bahrain violence despite martial law said:
[A doctor] said police and soldiers - both Bahraini and foreign - had seized six ambulances, and then used them to attack protesters.

"The paramedics were kicked out, and they took the ambulances. They went everywhere in them and they were shooting people."

Other doctors appealed for international help to ensure access to the wounded. The BBC saw an ambulance that had been shot at.
BBC News - Two killed in Bahrain violence despite martial law

It's getting worse. And we all know that Libya hasn't improved.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Sadly the rebels are losing ground and there is a real fear of genocide without swift action,Russia though are holding things up by putting forward a counter resolution.

This is developing into a mess and as usual the UN is too slow to act because someone puts the spanner in the works,Gadaffi is going to be ruthless with the defeated rebels and it may be too late to prevent.

Alceste

Vagabond
No fly Zone and What's the difference between Libya and Yemen or Bahrain?

All three states have been using violence to crush pro-democracy protests.

But only against Libya are the US and its Western allies planning a military response.

Yemen and Bahrain's crackdowns have so far been met only with words, not action.

BBC News - Why is US backing force in Libya but not Bahrain, Yemen?

I get the impression Ghaddafi has the highest body count. And, coincidentally, the most oil.

Bismillah

Submit
No fly Zone and What's the difference between Libya and Yemen or Bahrain?
Ghaddafi is crazy, literally. I do not doubt that the streets of Benghazi would have ran with blood if he had defeated the rebels.

In Yemen there is much internal support for the protests and a huge chunk of the military has sided with the demands against Saleh, along with the major tribes including the President's own.

Though I see the similarities between the situation in Bahrain and Libya, I agree with Alceste that the number of lives endangered in Libya is much greater. That as well as the fact that it is simply much easier to intervene in isolated Libya, as opposed to Bahrain which is a regional U.S interest.

Battle continues for Libya's Misurata
Libya's opposition fighters are battling Muammar Gaddafi's forces on the country's western border, while fighting continues in the besieged city of Misurata.

Pro-democracy forces said the Libyan army withdrew from central Misurata, but fierce fighting was still ongoing for control of the city's port on Wednesday.

"Gaddafi's forces retreated from the port area where they were positioned yesterday after air strikes
by the NATO forces. The strikes completely destroyed 37 military vehicles," an opposition spokesman, called Reda, told the Reuters news agency.

"Gaddafi's forces this morning started bombarding an area about 10km north of the city. It is known as the Steel area.

"The bombardment is still going on. They are using Grad missiles ... Warplanes are flying over Misurata's outskirts but I don't hear any sound of strikes," he said by telephone.

Read more: http://aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/04/2011426162624441291.html

tarekabdo12

Qaddafi suffers from extreme anger and grief as he feels that he's going to lose his chair he is shifting his anger towards his people, killing them. He is saying that if you want me to leave so I may leave but I'll kill you and torture you first. He is actually a beast.

tarekabdo12

You can see that Arabs are not stupid nor weak people, you've seen how strong and resistant that are.
The thing that made them lag is their leaders who are actually dictators.

tarekabdo12

The arabic people are actually ready to lose their soles to save their countries ad they were ruled by terrorists who tried to kill everything beautiful inside them and dealt with them as creatures below animals whereas they were full of virtues

Rakhel

bramhall9.gif

Manss

It is not a zeal slogan but is a logical request , all people in across the world say a common word : we want to be free of , cruel , debauchee , greedy , hangman king that govern us without our will and our vote.