• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'is and peace claims

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
So how is it not an attack on Baha'i belief for Hindus to call Baha'u'llah -- who Baha'is believe was a Manifestation of God -- an uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher?

What proof do Hindus have that Krishna was God? They have no more proof of that than Baha'is have proof that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God.

How about acknowledging that for members of other religions, the people you call "messengers" have different meanings? I can acknowledge that Baha'is believe Baha'ullah is the messiah without actually believing this myself. This is what authentic, non-deceptive interfaith is actually all about.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So how is it not an attack on Baha'i belief for Hindus to call Baha'u'llah -- who Baha'is believe was a Manifestation of God -- an uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher?
What proof do Hindus have that Krishna was God? They have no more proof of that than Baha'is have proof that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God.
What you sow, that you reap.
No. Krishna is no God. You are talking to an atheist advaitist Hindu. Krishna is Brahman, so am I, and so are you.
"Ekameva adviteeyam' (Verily, Is one, without a second).

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't ever loose my peace. I am a realized person. What happens in the world is only an illusion, 'Anicca' and 'Anatta', as my guru said.

Well we share that idea, the world is much like this, it is good not to put one's hopes in this world.

"... Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion. It may, moreover, be likened unto the lifeless image of the beloved whom the lover hath sought and found, in the end, after long search and to his utmost regret, to be such as cannot “fatten nor appease his hunger.”"

Do you know the source your Guru quotes from?

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How about acknowledging that for members of other religions, the people you call "messengers" have different meanings?
I know that and I acknowledge that.
I can acknowledge that Baha'is believe Baha'ullah is the messiah without actually believing this myself.
Likewise, I can acknowledge that some Hindus believe that Krishna was God without believing that myself.
This is what authentic, non-deceptive interfaith is actually all about.
Imo, interfaith dialogue is all about being able to share one's beliefs and listen to others sharing their beliefs and treating everyone with dignity and respect regardless of what they believe.

Non-contentious interfaith dialogue requires having good personal boundaries.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Personal boundaries are guidelines, rules or limits that a person creates to identify reasonable, safe and permissible ways for other people to behave towards them and how they will respond when someone passes those limits.
Personal boundaries - Wikipedia

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And slight other religions on important things with impunity, which sinks the harmony/peace ship.
"... Verily I say, .. his hunger.”
Do you know the source your Guru quotes from?
Don't throw this Olde English BS on me. Why can't you write in modern English? What are you trying to prove? Is it that if it is written in Olde English, it is truer?
Asking about Gautama, the Buddha? The source is intelligence and not superstition.

Last edited: