• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'is and peace claims

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Granted, I'm not a Baha'i but from the impressions I got here and the things I learned, many Baha'i seem to believe that world peace is going to magically happen by itself if only, if only all people on Earth became Baha'is. I may be exaggerating but from my view, either you are a follower of Baha'ullah or you're automatically against "progress", "the unity of mankind", "world peace", and against similar noble characteristics which many Baha'is claim only their worldview can provide.

You will find them. Living and teaching peace from early childhood learning on to youth empowerment and in community service.

Building a foundation that a new world order will be built upon, when the old world order crumbles.

Meanwhile, peace be with you and all.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Even Bahai members by no means are following all teachings of Bahaullah. We all try our best. But to use it as a standard we try to follow little by little, step by step.

True. I'm asking more if one follows Baha'i teachings, it would be a contradiction to follow practices contrary to the faith even though those practices are peaceful in nature right?

I used gay relationships on purpose (as an example for point not convo) because committed love knows no sex though if one follows Baha'i teachings, no matter the peace in relationships, it would be hypocritical to believe one thing and be another.

Right?

Of course it's hard, but I'm asking something different.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Baha'u'llah is the sun of this day because God sent Him to be the Messenger for this day.

His message has fallen on stony ground, and after nearly 200 years I don't think it can germinate now, not with IT communication being able to expose Bahai double-think sp much more easily.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have seen Baha'is make claims of their religion helping to promote peace. Such Baha'is are probably inspired by their prophet, who made a few statements that sounded universal, that didn't match every action he (Bahaullah) seemed to take. When Baha'is are confronted about these claims by non-Baha'is, the claims never withstand the test of fire.

This document is the challenge sent to the world and it was hand delivered all around the world.

THE PROMISE OF WORLD PEACE

The Promise of World Peace—The Universal House of Justice

Can it be said, that when the world is face with such a challenge, can it stand the test of fire?

The test will continue to come, until our unity is embraces and our oneness realised.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His message has fallen on stony ground, and after nearly 200 years I don't think it can germinate now, not with IT communication being able to expose Bahai double-think sp much more easily.

I personally think many are ready to find peace.

Peace be with you OB, I hope your family and you remain safe and happy in these times.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have no evidence for the claim, neither for any God or Allah, nor for this 19th Century Iranian preacher who took the advantage of Bab's death and became the leader of his followers. Though Bab himself was one in the LONG LINE of people who claimed authority from Allah, aq very common theme in Abrahamic religions since no evidence is required to be produced.

In the end Aupmanyav, what matters is how we interact with each other.

If you want peace and I want peace, we can have a unity in that diversity.

Peace will require us to find a balance. I know that balance will not be telling you about my faith, but in actions that can find that balance between our divergent thoughts.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not believe that a world government will be established by the Universal House of Justice, with only one religion and Baha'i laws to be applied. Maybe other Baha'is such as @ adrian009, @ Tony Bristow-Stagg , and @ loverofhumanity have different ideas about that.

The writings are clear that the Lesser peace comes about from the interaction of like minded goverments, who have the interests of the whole world as the motivation.

We are not in that time, but maybe this virus will now compel governments to view this world in a different light?

I see quite a lot of time is needed for it to unfold as written. It has been said that the government's will try to do away with religion, they will fail in that attempt. That an event will happen, that shows faith is needed and the governments will look for an answer in all the religions and that is when the Faith will shine as the answer.

It is written that opposition to the Faith will arise in all places and be preached in the pulpits

It could be seen those things have and are still happening, but I see it is not as universal as it will become. The fire of ordeal is needed before the pure ore is removed from the waste substances.

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

True. I'm asking more if one follows Baha'i teachings, it would be a contradiction to follow practices contrary to the faith even though those practices are peaceful in nature right?

Right. Because peacefulness is only one aspect of the Bahai teachings. So, for example drinking Alcohol may seem peaceful but Bahai teachings says we shouldn't drink alcohol because it weakens mind and wisdom.

I used gay relationships on purpose (as an example for point not convo) because committed love knows no sex though if one follows Baha'i teachings, no matter the peace in relationships, it would be hypocritical to believe one thing and be another.

Right?

Of course it's hard, but I'm asking something different.
Right, but to practice Bahai teachings, one does not have to believe in Bahaullah as a Manifestation of God. One can think about His teachings and if there is benefit in them, then uses them in daily life. But if we say, we believe in Bahaullah and at the same time we say, we don't believe all His teachings are correct, then that would be hypocritical.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Right. Because peacefulness is only one aspect of the Bahai teachings. So, for example drinking Alcohol may seem peaceful but Bahai teachings says we shouldn't drink alcohol because it weakens mind and wisdom.

Right, but to practice Bahai teachings, one does not have to believe in Bahaullah as a Manifestation of God. One can think about His teachings and if there is benefit in them, then uses them in daily life. But if we say, we believe in Bahaullah and at the same time we say, we don't believe all His teachings are correct, then that would be hypocritical.

Thank you. I heard something like this with people who say they are Christian Atheist. They follow christ's teachings but not christ. So, basically, they pick and choose what benefits them without needing the authority of those writings to check what they believe is rightfully placed.

I've never agreed to that; but, if it benefits others towards peace, I can see how it works.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am so looking forward to that, because I feel I am now prepared to deal with it.
Bring it on. :)

It has actually happened where I live. There are 4 different churches in my small community and at one time in the 1990's when quite a few came to Baha'i functions and became Baha'i (over 30 in a short time), then it began. As the church also had one of the schools and a lot of the people that came Baha'i had children in them, the churches said expulsion would happen if they remained Baha'i.

Thus faith is tested as per this passage;

"... Even as He hath revealed: “Do men think when they say ‘We believe’ they shall be let alone and not be put to proof?”

So most did not come through that test, but a couple of very special souls did.

Their children have wonderful hearts.

Regards Tony

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I personally think many are ready to find peace.

Peace be with you OB, I hope your family and you remain safe and happy in these times.

Regards Tony
And to you and your wife Tony.
Peace be with you and yours.

There's no peace here....... our little dachshunds have a long list of demands which stretch right through the day, they know every single meal and treat and trip out that they are entitled to and complain loudly for each at exactly the right time..... all through the day.

But having my wife home on paid-leave is great...... :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It is said that Queen Victoria, upon reading the Tablet revealed for her by Baha'u'llah, remarked: "If this is of God, it will endure; if not, it can do no harm." (pdc 65) (18:49)

You keep well Trailblazer........ and your husband. :)
Queen Victoria was a miserable creature after Prince Albert died, and I don't expect that she gave any attention to what was written about Bahai. Honestly.

I'll bet her diplomats and aids wrote mostly everything for her and if Bahai was lucky she might have scrawled a signature on any document written. I have heard about that doc for over 50 years, but nobody has ever told me where the manuscript is, or to whom it was written.

It does exist, still, does it Well, does it?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There's no peace here....... our little dachshunds have a long list of demands which stretch right through the day, they know every single meal and treat and trip out that they are entitled to and complain loudly for each at exactly the right time..... all through the day.
Peace? Try having 10 Persian cats. :rolleyes:
Peace comes only when they are sleeping.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If you want peace and I want peace, we can have a unity in that diversity. .. I know that balance will not be telling you about my faith, but in actions that can find that balance between our divergent thoughts.
Yeah, if you want peace, then I too want peace. But no peace if you comment on my beliefs. That is an act of war. Let your actions show that you want peace.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Not with me. You want to discuss, discuss anything, you are most welcome. I would not mind that, Hindus do not mind that, they are game for it. But a discussion and a claim are two different things. If any one equates Krishna, who for most Hindus is the God himself (barring atheist Hindus like me), with that uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher, then it is an attack on Hindu belief, and I will respond in a similar manner.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
New Not with me. You want to discuss, discuss anything, you are most welcome. I would not mind that, Hindus do not mind that, they are game for it. But a discussion and a claim are two different things. If any one equates Krishna, who for most Hindus is the God himself (barring atheist Hindus like me), with that uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher, then it is an attack on Hindu belief, and I will respond in a similar manner.
So how is it not an attack on Baha'i belief for Hindus to call Baha'u'llah -- who Baha'is believe was a Manifestation of God -- an uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher?

What proof do Hindus have that Krishna was God? They have no more proof of that than Baha'is have proof that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, if you want peace, then I too want peace. But no peace if you comment on my beliefs. That is an act of war. Let your actions show that you want peace.

Well, my heart would not go to war :) I am a big teddy bear, I will walk away and let the beauty of the day help you find your peace again.

Regards Tony