• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and oneness of god

questfortruth

Are you able to convey any details of the experience/s at all? Privately if you prefer?
Just a normal thing. I was doing wrong, and angel appeared, he has scared me. God is Love. I have seen the love, for example, looking at my mother's hobby: making socks, for example. God is Love. Hence, seeing love you are seeing God.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Just a normal thing. I was doing wrong, and angel appeared, he has scared me. God is Love. I have seen the love, for example, looking at my mother's hobby: making socks, for example. God is Love. Hence, seeing love you are seeing God.
Great, keep up the effort to realize to the utmost, the religious goal you have. One only achieves the goal if one has one and gives it all. As Jesus explained, the straight and narrow path is VERY difficult, one will not automatically realize it merely through belief, one must transform belief into reality. I know you are making progress, but your potential is much greater than perhaps you imagine.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Through belief in Jesus. From an early age I loved Jesus very much as a catholic. It was my love for Him which led me to accept this.

It's strange that love for Jesus has led you to a place of denial of His everlasting gospel and to a neglect of His warnings about false Christs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's strange that love for Jesus has led you to a place of denial of His everlasting gospel and to a neglect of His warnings about false Christs.
Baha'is believe that the gospel of Jesus is everlasting, we do not deny that.
Baha'u'llah never claimed to be Christ so He was not what Jesus was referring to.
Jesus was warning to watch out for men claiming to be Christ.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And if Christians believe that Jesus was the anointed son of God, then they are wrong.
The Muslims are wrong to speak against Bahaollah, because Bahaollah was not a messenger (Nabi), but a manifestation of Allah (maẓhar ẓohūr).

"They act as perfect mirrors reflecting the attributes of God into the physical world. Baháʼí teachings hold that the motive force in all human development is due to the coming of the Manifestations of God." - Wikipedia

Brian2

Veteran Member
Baha'is believe that the gospel of Jesus is everlasting, we do not deny that.

Baha'i believe the dispensation of Jesus, hence the dispensation of the gospel of Jesus ended when Baha'u'llah came along (or was that when Muhammad came along)
Either way it is a relic of history and the current dispensation is Baha'u'llah.

never claimed to be Christ so He was not what Jesus was referring to.
Jesus was warning to watch out for men claiming to be Christ.

As you have said in the past, you feel sorry for Christians who are waiting for Jesus to return. He has already come and Christians don't realise it.
You are playing with words when you say that Jesus was warning only of men claiming to be "Christ".
You know I am right when I say that Baha'u'llah claimed to be what Jesus promised, His return. Stop playing Baha'i games.
Baha'u'llah wrote to leaders of religions and countries claiming to be the return of Christ. He may not have used that word "Christ" but that has nothing to do with it.

He, verily, is come with His Kingdom, and all the atoms cry aloud: “Lo! The Lord is come in His great majesty!” Bahá’u’lláh

Behold how He hath come down from the heaven of His grace, girded with power and invested with sovereignty. Is there any doubt concerning His signs? Bahá’u’lláh

He, in truth, hath come unto the world in His most great glory, and all that hath been mentioned in the Gospel hath been fulfilled. Bahá’u’lláh

The “Return” of Christ: What Does it Mean?

Followers of the Gospel … behold the gates of heaven are flung open. He that had ascended unto it is now come. Give ear to His voice…announcing to all mankind the advent of this Revelation … Bahá’u’lláh

Know thou of a certainty that the Day Star of Truth hath, in this Day, shed upon the world a radiance, the like of which bygone ages have never witnessed. Let the light of His glory, O people, shine upon you, and be not of the negligent. Bahá’u’lláh

The Return of Christ

Yes Baha'is, even you, teach the return of Jesus Christ in the coming of Baha'u'llah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'i believe the dispensation of Jesus, hence the dispensation of the gospel of Jesus ended when Baha'u'llah came along (or was that when Muhammad came along)
Either way it is a relic of history and the current dispensation is Baha'u'llah
That’s what we believe, but we also believe the gospel of Jesus is still as true as it ever was.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.”
The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

Fundamental Principle of Religious Truth
As you have said in the past, you feel sorry for Christians who are waiting for Jesus to return. He has already come and Christians don't realise it.
You are playing with words when you say that Jesus was warning only of men claiming to be "Christ".
You know I am right when I say that Baha'u'llah claimed to be what Jesus promised, His return. Stop playing Baha'i games.
Baha'u'llah wrote to leaders of religions and countries claiming to be the return of Christ. He may not have used that word "Christ" but that has nothing to do with it.

He, verily, is come with His Kingdom, and all the atoms cry aloud: “Lo! The Lord is come in His great majesty!” Bahá’u’lláh

Behold how He hath come down from the heaven of His grace, girded with power and invested with sovereignty. Is there any doubt concerning His signs? Bahá’u’lláh

He, in truth, hath come unto the world in His most great glory, and all that hath been mentioned in the Gospel hath been fulfilled. Bahá’u’lláh

The “Return” of Christ: What Does it Mean?

Followers of the Gospel … behold the gates of heaven are flung open. He that had ascended unto it is now come. Give ear to His voice…announcing to all mankind the advent of this Revelation … Bahá’u’lláh

Know thou of a certainty that the Day Star of Truth hath, in this Day, shed upon the world a radiance, the like of which bygone ages have never witnessed. Let the light of His glory, O people, shine upon you, and be not of the negligent. Bahá’u’lláh

The Return of Christ

Yes Baha'is, even you, teach the return of Jesus Christ in the coming of Baha'u'llah.
That is all true, since Baha’u’llah did claim to be the return of the Spirit of God, which is Jesus, so you could say He was the return of Jesus Christ.

“This is, truly, that which the Spirit of God (Jesus Christ) hath announced, when He came with truth unto you, He with Whom the Jewish doctors disputed, till at last they perpetrated what hath made the Holy Spirit to lament, and the tears of them that have near access to God to flow….” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 19

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

When Baha'u'llah said WE He was referring to Jesus and Himself.

Now let’s look at what Jesus actually said.

Matthew 24 KJV
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Please note that when the disciples asked “what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus simply told them not to let any man deceive them, and then He said that many men would come in His name claiming to be Christ and will deceive many, and that is exactly what has happened.

List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia

However, that does not mean that no man who came claiming to be Christ would be the return of Christ.

It is important to note that Jesus never said He would be coming back to earth in Matthew 24:3-5. Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. In fact, Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no longer in the world (John 14:19, John 17:11, John 17:4, John 19:30).

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.”
The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58
What a complete and eloquent writer Shoghi Effendi was.