• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and oneness of god

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Then we could consider it is us that have the capacity to make of ourselves our own God's.

Yet religious scriptures tell us of One God.

There are 3 major veils between us and God.

One is the promise of heaven,
One is the promise of hell, and
The other is the veils of Names.

Regards Tony
This is an old sparring partner of @Trailblazer, in case you didn't know. It's a waste of time to try to convince him of anything.

Truthseeker

It is all about oneness.

It revolves around the One God with many names. The Names become one the barriers.

Bahá’u’lláh states that there are three barriers between man and God. He exhorts the believers to pass beyond these so that they may attain His Presence. The first barrier is attachment to the things of this world, the second is attachment to the rewards of the next world, and the third is attachment to the Kingdom of Names.

Adib Taherzadeh, The Covenant of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 20

Regards Tony
I have read tthe Revelation of Baha'u'llah three times. I love those. Also read the above.

Truthseeker

The quote is from Shoghi Effendi, the Guardian of the Baha'i Faith. As such it is an authoritative interpretive statement about how the Baha'i writings view Jesus, the Gospel and the apostle Peter. Why do you think it is a lie?
Ask @Trailblazer. She knows that well. He is an old sparring partner with her. I knew, but my memory is a little dim. Anyhow, he will answer you, never fear.

questfortruth

Yes, so what translation of the Isaiah 45:6-7 do you want to share?
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and PUNISH/EXECUTE UNREPENTANT SINNERS AND SATAN: I the LORD do all these things.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
The quote is from Shoghi Effendi, the Guardian of the Baha'i Faith. As such it is an authoritative interpretive statement about how the Baha'i writings view Jesus, the Gospel and the apostle Peter. Why do you think it is a lie?

Shoghi Effendi said: As to the position of Christianity, let it be stated without any hesitation or equivocation that its divine origin is unconditionally acknowledged, that the Sonship and Divinity of Jesus Christ are fearlessly asserted, that the divine inspiration of the Gospel is fully recognized, that the reality of the mystery of the Immaculacy of the Virgin Mary is confessed, and the primacy of Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, is upheld and defended.

Baha'i say that the Christian gospel is one thing and the Bible tells us it is something else.
Baha'i says the Christian gospel dispensation period has ended and the Bible tells us it goes on till the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and the Father and Son are living there forever with their people.
Baha'i downgrades the divinity of Jesus to a Messenger from God and not the Son, equal in nature to His Father.
There is nothing in the Bible about the Immaculacy of Mary, that is something made up by Catholicism and is contrary to what the Bible tells us imo.
So basically it sounds great on the surface but it means nothing and is lies once Baha'i is looked into a bit deeper.

Brian2

Veteran Member
A Baha'i holds trustworthiness and truthfulness as the sustaining requirements in the practice of their Faith.

As such, I would offer, if you went to any workplace, or any community where a Baha'i works and resides and is known, that honesty would be on top of the list you would hear about them.

So do you really want to offer that as a defence of your Faith?

This is nothing to do with the honesty of individual Baha'is, including Shoghi Effendi. This is about the truth of the message of Baha'i.

Brian2

Veteran Member

The oneness of humanity is the message in the Bible from Genesis 1. Nothing new there.
The oneness of God is a central idea for the Jews, but of course in Baha'i I suppose it means that all the various gods that have been taught by people are the one God and the people who taught them are all sent from God as Messengers of God.
This of course means that either God is a serial liar with Baha'u'llah being just another of these serial liar Messengers from this God OR all the main religions of the world have been corrupted and the religions aren't teaching the truth any more because they do not agree with Baha'u'llah.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is nothing to do with the honesty of individual Baha'is, including Shoghi Effendi. This is about the truth of the message of Baha'i.
You know, Jesus told the truth His way, Baha'i'ullah told it his way.
It is maybe two different ways to understand truth, and the followers are free to chose who they believe in.

We will only know the full truth when we know God fully, until then we hold belief in different teachings.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Yes, you are an old friend of @Trailblazer, and I've heard you similar things many times.

It's been a while. Sometimes I just jump in and we're off again, but Baha'is don't argue much about stuff because imo they cannot defend the Baha'i view of the Bible and various passages in it.
Trailblazer was the only one who went down that path with me and we ended up going around in circles for a long time and becoming quite frustrated at the blindness of each other.

2Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Something about the work of Satan.

Brian2

Veteran Member
It's what you believe Jesus teaches, and it is not what I see. But I know full well, it is useless to say any more.

It's no good saying any more because of what the Bible tells us about Satan and other demons, like the ones that Jesus cast out of people who were possessed.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I know.
In other religions it is explained differently:)

That different explanation in the Bible means that the teachings about Satan in Baha'i are different to the Bible's teachings about Satan. It is not that the same thing is taught in different ways.
In Baha'i Baha'u'llah cannot have been led astray by a demon appearing to him or even by Satan himself, and that is because Satan does not exist as a being who deceives people.
In the Bible
2Coronthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That different explanation in the Bible means that the teachings about Satan in Baha'i are different to the Bible's teachings about Satan. It is not that the same thing is taught in different ways.
In Baha'i Baha'u'llah cannot have been led astray by a demon appearing to him or even by Satan himself, and that is because Satan does not exist as a being who deceives people.
In the Bible
2Coronthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.
In my understanding about Christianity and Baha'i

Christians understand Satan to be a physical being
Baha'i understand Satan to be a part of human ego and greed.

But of course my understanding of it could be wrong. Not sure if it is needed to say one of the teachings are wrong?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I have to respect him like i respect any other religious person:) so even he disagree with Baha'i teaching it is ok.

Unlike Baha'is I cannot believe the Bible and also what Baha'i teaches about the Bible.
Sometimes they teach the exact opposite to what the Bible teaches and the most blatant places in the Bible that they disagree with are concerning who Baha'u'llah might be, the return of Christ or not.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Unlike Baha'is I cannot believe the Bible and also what Baha'i teaches about the Bible.
Sometimes they teach the exact opposite to what the Bible teaches and the most blatant places in the Bible that they disagree with are concerning who Baha'u'llah might be, the return of Christ or not.
Because of different understanding of the scripture, disagreement arise.