• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and oneness of god

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my understanding about Christianity and Baha'i

Christians understand Satan to be a physical being
Baha'i understand Satan to be a part of human ego and greed.

But of course my understanding of it could be wrong. Not sure if it is needed to say one of the teachings are wrong?

One thing is for sure, I know that I only have myself to blame if I do something wrong. :oops: I made a bad choice.

Yet, we can pick ourselves up from that mistake and become a better person from what that taught us.

Regards Tony

questfortruth

Which bible has this translation of Isaiah 45:7?
I have applied my mind to the Bible. God has not created evil - this is dogma of Eastern Orthodox Christianity. God is not damn sinner, God will not burn in hell. This is dogma. Hence, I have full right to make my own interpretation of Isaiah 45:7.

And pay respect to the title of the book. Write "Bible", not "bible." Who has taught you to blaspheme the Holy Bible?

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
All I'm alluding to is not respect for him, but the uselessness of penetrating that closed mind.

If Baha'i could show that Baha'u'llah was the return of Jesus from what the Bible tells us of the return of Jesus and how and when etc that will happen, I would not have to disagree. As it is I am glad that it is so obvious that Baha'u'llah is a false Christ. This does not have much effect on Baha'is however as it is what Baha'u'llah says and not what the Bible tells us about false Christs that they believe.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One thing is for sure, I know that I only have myself to blame if I do something wrong. :oops: I made a bad choice.

Yet, we can pick ourselves up from that mistake and become a better person from what that taught us.

Regards Tony
Understanding our own mistakes, correcting them and never do them again. But y3s we will be challenged on it every day.

Brian2

Veteran Member
No Brian, you do not. But I will not respond to you again.

All the best in life and faith, My happy list may be getting long.

Regards Tony

What's a happy list? those on ignore? :)
I was not expecting a long debate.
I might bump into you some day while roaming around Queensland. I think I will recognise that smiling face.

Brian2

Veteran Member
In my understanding about Christianity and Baha'i

Christians understand Satan to be a physical being
Baha'i understand Satan to be a part of human ego and greed.

But of course my understanding of it could be wrong. Not sure if it is needed to say one of the teachings are wrong?

The Christian teaching is that Satan is an angel (a spirit) who started going against God. He was the serpent in the Garden of Eden (but is not a physical being)

Brian2

Veteran Member

Regards Tony

Yes "Satan made me do it" does not take our guilt away.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I say that Baha'is choose to believe Baha'u'llah instead of God and so are willing to deny the plain meanings in many Bible verses.
Well, not denying God, but seeing Baha'i'ullah as a manifistation of God. So his teachings comes from God just like Jesu teaching come from God (in my understanding)

You could say they both were enlighten to Gods wisdom

Brian2

Veteran Member
Well, not denying God, but seeing Baha'i'ullah as a manifistation of God. So his teachings comes from God just like Jesu teaching come from God (in my understanding)

You could say they both were enlighten to Gods wisdom

Yes that is the Baha'i teaching and in that light you could say they both were enlightened to God's wisdom.
But Jesus and Baha'u'llah disagree so someone is wrong.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Baha'i say that the Christian gospel is one thing and the Bible tells us it is something else.

The Gospel accounts outline the Life and Teachings of Jesus based on the recollections of those who recall what happened.

Baha'i says the Christian gospel dispensation period has ended and the Bible tells us it goes on till the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and the Father and Son are living there forever with their people.

For Baha'is the New Dispensation has come along with the New Jerusalem.

Baha'i downgrades the divinity of Jesus to a Messenger from God and not the Son, equal in nature to His Father.

Jesus is seen as a Manifestation of God and the Son of God.

There is nothing in the Bible about the Immaculacy of Mary, that is something made up by Catholicism and is contrary to what the Bible tells us imo.

Mary was a virgin despite being pregnant with the Son of God. Sounds Immaculate to me.

Thanks for dropping by and answering the questions.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes that is the Baha'i teaching and in that light you could say they both were enlightened to God's wisdom.
But Jesus and Baha'u'llah disagree so someone is wrong.
Why wrong?
Maybe only at different level of wisdom from God?
It is not easy for non enlighten people to understand those who has awaken.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The Gospel accounts outline the Life and Teachings of Jesus based on the recollections of those who recall what happened.

John 14:16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:25 All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 15:26 “But when the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

When we read the verses above we see that those whom Jesus was speaking to were going to receive the Advocate, the Spirit of Truth, who would live with and in them. This Advocate is said to be the promised Holy Spirit (which came at Pentecost -Acts 2) who would teach them all things and remind them of everything that Jesus had said to them.
That means that Baha'u'llah is not the Spirit of Truth and means that the gospels are more than just recollections of those who recall what happened.

For Baha'is the New Dispensation has come along with the New Jerusalem.

Nothing surprises me about what Baha'i says. And of course they say that the dead have been resurrected and judged and Baha'u'llah has set up the Kingdom of God on earth and Baha'u'llah is ruling over it (since he is the return of Jesus)

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

The gospel is not something that ends. There are no new Manifestations of God in the Bible and those whom Baha'i calls Manifestations are not that.
The following passage is about the gospel of Jesus which is preached to all the world before He returns to judge the earth. (or in Baha'i speak, before Baha'u'llah came ) Notice it says that the gospel is eternal. The gospel of Jesus is eternal.
Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,

The Covenant which Jesus set up is eternal, it is not something that goes away when Jesus (Baha'u'llah) comes (returns) and sets up a new covenant.

Jesus is seen as a Manifestation of God and the Son of God.

A Manifestation of God is a lowering of who Jesus is in the Bible.

Mary was a virgin despite being pregnant with the Son of God. Sounds Immaculate to me.

Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the RC Church that says that Mary was conceived without sin and remained sinless in her life.
Even Adam and Moses and Abraham, Baha'i Manifestations, are shown in the Bible sinning.

Thanks for dropping by and answering the questions.

Any time.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have applied my mind to the Bible. God has not created evil - this is dogma of Eastern Orthodox Christianity. God is not damn sinner, God will not burn in hell. This is dogma. Hence, I have full right to make my own interpretation of Isaiah 45:7.

And pay respect to the title of the book. Write "Bible", not "bible." Who has taught you to blaspheme the Holy Bible?
Good and evil are relative concepts, God is absolute and not relative to anything else. God is one, not two, the concept of duality only applies to God's creation, without which there is no creation. Consider, what could God create if a second was not an option? The tree of knowledge of good and evil represents the opportunity for there to be two aspects of the oneness, all creation follows.

Now consider atmospheric pressure and hurricanes electricity and oscillations, etc., when two opposing forces are in balance, there is equilibrium, peace, when they are out of balance, there will be a counter movement to restore balance. However there is always an overshoot in this process due to inertia and thus we have perpetual motion. There is a time for spiritual peace and a time for spiritual war, this time now is a readdressing of an unbalanced excessively dark state. Christ will return and there will be a return to spiritual peace on Earth, the metaphorical thousand years, at least until the next cycle. This is judgement time, there is a war taking place in the spiritual domain, souls are taking sides, some the light, Jesus, some the dark, Satan, or whatever name anyone's religion gives to these polar opposites.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I will add to those layers of complexity.

John 14:30 has been incorrectly attributed to Satan, a non existing entity that only describes the lower nature of man.

Interestingly, this was offered about John 14:30 by Abdul'baha.

"Thou didst ask as to chapter 14, verse 30 of the Gospel of John, where the Lord Christ saith, ’Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the Prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.’ The Prince of this world is the Blessed Beauty [Baha’u’llah]; and ’hath nothing in Me’ signifieth: after Me all will draw grace from Me, but He is independent of Me, and will draw no grace from Me. That is, He is rich beyond any grace of Mine." – Abdu’l-Baha, Selections From the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 171.

I assume that can become an interesting subject.

Regards Tony

Thanks Tony.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and PUNISH/EXECUTE UNREPENTANT SINNERS AND SATAN: I the LORD do all these things.

If we consider that the Bible is a spiritual Book speaking about spiritual matters then death can be referred to here as spiritual death.

Christ, when He said “Let the dead bury the dead’ was saying let the spiritually dead bury the dead. Another thing is the concept of rebirth. How can one be reborn if one is dead? Rebirth mentioned is meaning to be born into the life of faith from the death of unbelief.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If Baha'i could show that Baha'u'llah was the return of Jesus from what the Bible tells us of the return of Jesus and how and when etc that will happen, I would not have to disagree. As it is I am glad that it is so obvious that Baha'u'llah is a false Christ. This does not have much effect on Baha'is however as it is what Baha'u'llah says and not what the Bible tells us about false Christs that they believe.

How did you come to believe Christ was true?